Author Topic: Big Sunova USA Sale going on.  (Read 35747 times)

linter

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Big Sunova USA Sale going on.
« Reply #120 on: July 28, 2016, 04:09:09 PM »
  yeah, i thought all that was pretty weird too.  but i called up my bank and they said they had my back if anything went wrong, so i never got really worried.  and while i was on the phone with em, i got a visa travel credit card to pay with so i wouldn't have to pay the usual 3% currency conversion fee.  not a lot of money saved, but a nickle there, a dime there, it adds up!

comeu

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: July 28, 2016, 08:22:31 PM »
Hi, I received my Speeed yesterday, directly from the Board Factory in Thailand (to Japan). Went fine, I prefer to forget funny details.
Thanx Linter for your posts, it helped to stay confident

JimK

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Big Guys can have fun too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 29, 2016, 07:51:40 AM »
Let's be clear here

The Board Factory is the REAL SUNOVA guys They will ship anywhere in the world They are no longer associated with Sunova US.

JimK

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 29, 2016, 08:17:38 AM »
Hi, I received my Speeed yesterday, directly from the Board Factory in Thailand (to Japan). Went fine, I prefer to forget funny details.
Thanx Linter for your posts, it helped to stay confident

Are you saying that you ordered your board through the Sunova US sale but they shipped it to you from the Sunova factory in Thailand? That doesn't make sense.

There has never been a problem ordering boards from the REAL Sunova company based in Thailand. No worries there. As far as I know they don't have anything to do with the renegade Sunova sale going on in the US.

Are all the Sunova US boards being delivered from Thailand?

« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 09:07:52 AM by Badger »
Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

linter

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 29, 2016, 09:15:20 AM »
  I believe that was a one-off.  Mine came from the midwest and nowhere near Thailand.  And, to be clear as well, my Style is a REAL sunova board eventho the price I said for it was Unreal. :-)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 09:17:14 AM by linter »

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2016, 09:20:31 AM »
The boards are all REAL Sunovas. It's the US seller who isn't REAL, passing himself off as Sunova when he isn't. The best part (as far as Sunova is concerned) is that he'll soon be out of business.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 09:29:41 AM by Badger »
Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300

Subber

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2016, 09:50:19 AM »
I'm still thinking he must have financed the real Sunova or taken some boards in trade from them
- especially since he just delivered a real Sunova from the real manufacturing warehouse.

How else would they get a good number real boards that they are willing to sell at a good discount.

Yup, seems it'll be over shortly.

Kind of created another buzz.

Nice product!
Jimmy Lewis Black & Blue Noserider 10'1"x31"x4.25," 164 liters, 24 lbs, 1 box
Pearson Laird Surftech Longboard 10'6"x23"x29.75"x18"x4.375," 154 liters, 24 lbs, 3 boxes
Takayama Ali'i II Surftech 11'x21.375”x28.5”x17.25”x 4.25,” 162 liters, 26 lbs, 3 boxes

kayadogg

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2016, 09:59:03 AM »
The boards are all REAL Sunovas. It's the US seller who isn't REAL, passing himself off as Sunova when he isn't. The best part (as far as Sunova is concerned) is that he'll soon be out of business.

If the seller purchased boards from Sunova to be knowingly sold, or if they helped finance the production of these boards, I would consider them a real seller. There may have been a falling out, there may have been a breach of contract (from either side), or they may have simply wanted to dump the boards and move onto something else. I love all of the speculation despite no facts being had. Who really cares anyways? Tino has coincidentally been silent on the Zone but I suspect he'll become active once the next "demo tour" is ready to be launched. Hey whatever works for his business, no fault to him.  I'm stoked to see these Zoners get a good deal on a new board.

linter

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 29, 2016, 10:17:41 AM »
i'm with you on this, kaya.  more than anything, the whole flap da doodle has been a diverting amusement during this long hot flat spell we've been having.  i mean, when is it going to end?  meanwhile, i have no access to any facts whatsoever re the present case, but it seems to me, tino shot himself in the foot and his dealers in the nuts when he (presumably) paid off his former partner using boards instead of cash, which he might not have had anyway.  fun to speckalate, however!

kayadogg

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: July 29, 2016, 10:25:18 AM »
this long hot flat spell we've been having.  i mean, when is it going to end?

Feels like it may never end. I've been surfing my raceboard on whatever little bumps show themselves but I haven't had a really solid session in what feels like months. Fingers crossed that will change hopefully soon.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2016, 11:18:50 AM »
i'm with you on this, kaya.  more than anything, the whole flap da doodle has been a diverting amusement during this long hot flat spell we've been having.  i mean, when is it going to end?  meanwhile, i have no access to any facts whatsoever re the present case, but it seems to me, tino shot himself in the foot and his dealers in the nuts when he (presumably) paid off his former partner using boards instead of cash, which he might not have had anyway.  fun to speckalate, however!

Good God, that's speckalative!  I wouldn't say you are wrong though...

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 29, 2016, 11:43:36 AM »
this long hot flat spell we've been having.  i mean, when is it going to end?

Feels like it may never end. I've been surfing my raceboard on whatever little bumps show themselves but I haven't had a really solid session in what feels like months. Fingers crossed that will change hopefully soon.

Same here, longest wave drought of my entire surfing career even though I only started a few years ago. I'm getting out of shape. My six pack is turning into an eighteen pack. A nice offshore hurricane would be perfect right now.

Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 29, 2016, 11:48:30 AM »

If the seller purchased boards from Sunova to be knowingly sold, or if they helped finance the production of these boards, I would consider them a real seller.

I agree they are a real seller. The breach of ethics happened when they pretended to be the Sunova company which they aren't.

Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300

MaineSUP

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: July 29, 2016, 12:19:23 PM »
Sunova's website is down.  Odd.  Must have happened recently.
Coreban Dart 14'
SIC Bullet 14 V2
Sunova Speeed 9'2"
Red Sport 12'6"

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 29, 2016, 01:46:01 PM »
Sunova's website is down.  Odd.  Must have happened recently.

Trump got the Russians  to  do  it   ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal