Author Topic: full on log long board to sup surf  (Read 2166 times)

Paddle On

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
full on log long board to sup surf
« on: June 26, 2016, 11:14:07 PM »
i would like to add long, super stable board that turns well and start to learn cross stepping. looking at starboard big easy. im 210lbs in nor cal

thanks
Paddle On 6'1", 215lbs - Portal Barra 7.11, Infinity 8.2 RNB, Portal Phantom 8.3, Infinity B-line 8.5, Infinity 10.0 New Deal, Sunova 11.0 Style, Starboard 9.0 Hero, Black Project Surge Paddle

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: full on log long board to sup surf
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 02:23:20 AM »
Check out the Infinity SUP LOG, a true longboard SUP

This is a sweet board for our longtime surf fans that have converted over to SUP!

Dave Boehne wanted to make an old school log but with big enough dims to stand up paddle on.

This board is a blown up retro log. We make it with a poly blank, standard resin and glass it with volan.

Heavy, 50/50 rails, nose concave, resin tin, glass on fin, and volan glass.

We can customize the template too. We've been making them with round noses as well as square tails.

Rides just like the classic noseriders we have in our surf line. Paddles quick, trims down the line effortlessly and noserides amazing.

Now you tell me, is this a SUP? or a longboard?? Confuse everyone.

http://www.infinitysurf.com/sup/sup-log/
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
Custom Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 08:03:37 AM »
Search for th longboard thread. This has been discussed quite a bit.

I will say that there's a lot to be said for just spending some time on a regular longboard without a paddle too. You can probably borrow one or buy one cheap and its a great change up. Unless, of course, you have health problems that prevent it. It changed my fitness this year. I'll probably build a longboard SUP later but while me shoulders hold up, I'm having a ball on a variety of borrowed and owned boards.

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 08:12:52 AM »
Pearson Arrow makes an excellent board, they're in your area, and know your breaks.  Triple win.

Paddle On

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 03:41:50 PM »
i demo'd it and wow it surfs really well. i have added it to my quiver and really like it in small to medium waves.
Paddle On 6'1", 215lbs - Portal Barra 7.11, Infinity 8.2 RNB, Portal Phantom 8.3, Infinity B-line 8.5, Infinity 10.0 New Deal, Sunova 11.0 Style, Starboard 9.0 Hero, Black Project Surge Paddle

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 07:43:24 PM »
at real surf in Oceanside the  shaper is  Shawn Ambrose, he actually shaped my remake of a weber performer.   He has also shaped a sup "weber performer"  might be worth a look see.
SEA BIRDS THEY DO TOUCH AND GO AS THE WORLD JUST TANGOES BY.... SO I SADDLE UP MY SEAHORSE WITH MY FLYROD IN MY HAND.... 10'3 King custom  10'6"  c4 da beachboy

Paddle On

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 06:00:12 AM »
i demo'd it and wow it surfs really well. i have added it to my quiver and really like it in small to medium waves and especially when there is chop and wind.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 06:25:00 AM »
i would like to add long, super stable board that turns well and start to learn cross stepping. looking at starboard big easy. im 210lbs in nor cal

thanks

12 x 32 is pretty big PO. 

Check out the JL B&B noseriders.  They now come in 3 sizes and two different nose configurations.  Although you could probably ride any of the three lengths.  Since you a re looking for bigger, the 10' x 30" , might be just the ticket.  If you want enhanced lift, go concave nose, if you want a little more speed, get the non-concave nose. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal