Author Topic: Okay, I'm out  (Read 11593 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Okay, I'm out
« on: June 26, 2016, 08:49:14 PM »
I don't like to talk politics much, but jeez. I'm a lifelong republican, but I'm done. I didn't know who these people were when they started getting weird about religion, but I stayed the course. Tea party? Bunch of assholes, but thtat's the fringe, I can live with that.  Then guns. I own more guns than most people, mostly sporting arms, but a few that aren't. But still, get real. Let's have some regulations. But no, that would be wrong. Then immigration. Last time I checked we were all immigrants here. Even the indians. Yeah, I said indians. Sue me. I keep hearing about the jobs we're losing. If you lose your job to some person who can barely speak english and has no understanding of our culture, then WTF? Learn to work. How is this being conservative? Then it's Obama bashing to the point that the government didn't do anything constructive for the last eight years. It's your job. If you can't do it, then step down. Now Trump. Okay, bye.

I don't know who you people are but I don't like you, I don't trust you, I'm nothing like you, I'd cross the street to avoid you. You praise jesus and then act like some money grubbing, soulless, unchariable dickhead. Fuck you. I'm voting for mickey mouse. At least he makes sense.

Don't get too excited democrats. You're full of shit too. If anything you're worse, but it's a close race. Hillary, really? Thats the best you got. Be ashamed.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 08:52:18 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Okay, I'm out
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 09:10:39 PM »
Ha.. Don't hold back Bill.. Tell us what you really think..  ;D

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 09:22:21 PM »
On another thread, ukriversurfer just quoted who I'm voting for.  Clinton.  Not Hillary--George.  People may say he's unqualified, but they're forgetting he led Parliament for years.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 09:33:53 PM »
I need to drink a little scotch and go lay down. Better yet, I'll go watch F1 and then Game of Thrones. I'd like Aria Stark for president. Andyone that screws with her she'd just quietly kill. With our present set of congressment and senators that could only be for the good. Oh, wait.  Daenerys Targaryen. She toast Donald and Hillary with her dragon and then have Grey Worm thin out the senate and congress. That works.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 09:37:35 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 02:25:35 AM »
Oh, wait.  Daenerys Targaryen. She toast Donald and Hillary with her dragon and then have Grey Worm thin out the senate and congress. That works.

Bill, that has to be the best post I've seen on current politics yet !!!!!!!!
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
Custom Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 06:17:16 AM »
Yeah....I'm about as disgusted as I can get with the whole thing.

Stills haven't watched Game of Thrones yet....I see a binge watching session in my future.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 08:34:18 AM »
Yeah....I'm about as disgusted as I can get with the whole thing.

Stills haven't watched Game of Thrones yet....I see a binge watching session in my future.

Peasant.

Actually, that's borderline insane. Read the books first, then watch it with Susan and you can be a real butthead, calling out every deviation from "the book". Worked well for me, Diane started putting Ambien in my cocoa.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 08:44:52 AM »
On another thread, ukriversurfer just quoted who I'm voting for.  Clinton.  Not Hillary--George.  People may say he's unqualified, but they're forgetting he led Parliament for years.
"One nation under a groove."
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

spookini

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 10:33:41 AM »
PonoBill channels PonoWill??
-- My doctor says I suffer from low kook --
Do sharks attack?  Hope not
Do flying fish hate us?  Hells yes

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 10:56:26 AM »
That look's like my neighbor... Hey Mr. Wilson!
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2016, 11:07:39 AM »
I've got my hands full trying to learn PBill's OC1.  That's all I can think about right now.  It's freaking difficult.  Completed my first Maliko to the harbor on saturday.  Flipped once, was slow but elements began to firm up.  Started to have serious fun.  Thanks for letting me use it.  I've got the geometry right now. 

Last mile was mega hot when wind stopped and Cove helped me throw the boat on the rack.  A little overheated ...again but not as bad as previous times. 

I thought you were racing your car?  What the hell are you doing dwelling on these political freaks?  As it was said in Cool Hand Luke, "you going to get your mind right boy?"

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2016, 12:55:33 PM »
This weekend I'll be racing. I don't think about that crap much, but yesterday was one of those days. I started working on my retirement book again, and I looked at the recent progress of reforms in banking/financial industry and discovered this:

"Two days after President Barack Obama gave substantial momentum to a pending Department of Labor rule that would raise investment advice standards for retirement accounts, a House lawmaker is trying to stop the regulation.

On Wednesday, Rep. Ann Wagner, R-Mo., introduced a bill that would force the DOL to wait until after the Securities and Exchange Commission has acted on a similar fiduciary rule it is considering for retail investment advice. The SEC has circled such a regulation for years and is not close to making a proposal."

I wonder how much she costs. Her reasoning for the bill is grotesque.

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2016, 12:57:15 PM »
I  came  to  that  conclusion  about  2 years  into  the  Bush  /  Cheney  administration .  I've  got  to  warn  you , that  kind  of  talk  will  get  you  called  a bleeding  heart  liberal  and a  Hillary  lover.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2016, 12:59:45 PM »
Pretty hard to call me that. If there were a button sitting on my desk that would make her disappear without a trace I'd hurt myself pushing it too hard and fast. Plus I'm slightly to the right of Ghengis Khan. But those assholes aren't. I don't know what they are, but conservative ain't it. Kind of like the whole "Planing/Not Planing" thing.

HanaSurf

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2016, 01:38:43 PM »
Pretty hard to call me that. If there were a button sitting on my desk that would make her disappear without a trace I'd hurt myself pushing it too hard and fast. Plus I'm slightly to the right of Ghengis Khan. But those assholes aren't. I don't know what they are, but conservative ain't it. Kind of like the whole "Planing/Not Planing" thing.

Your opening post and this one quoted are exactly how I feel. Like Tom,I dropped my Republican registration in 2004 after watching Tea Party and Repubs bringing everything to a halt and their whole agenda being to obstruct Obama( in essence USA) and not do their job.
 I agree that I don't know what they are are what the stupidity they are spewing is but it ain't conservatism.
 I'm 65 yo and my Mom and Dad were die hard Repubs. Dad's dead but my Mom says she won't vote this year,1st time never voting for her. I told her,I don't recognize the GOP anymore but they ain't you're Daddy's GOP (per the Buick commercial). I don't know how I'll vote !!! and live with my conscience. Guess I'll write in my Grandson's name for President.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 01:48:25 PM by HanaSurf »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal