Author Topic: Anybody getting some ?  (Read 3647 times)

Sup-position

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Anybody getting some ?
« on: June 25, 2016, 05:04:31 PM »
Last few days have had some size..
Pretty good drift somedays..
Not so bad today..

A buddy got Couple shots of me on an average set wave from Friday
No One out...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 05:07:02 PM by Sup-position »
Ralph
Sup-position
(714) 899-3020 call, Text or Message

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody getting some ?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 05:40:49 PM »
Nice, bigger than expected here today

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 05:47:17 PM »
L41 and Santa Cruz were incredibly violent today.  I wasn't expecting it.  I held up pretty well balancing my neighbor's Pearson Arrow, but short period stuff relegated me to the inside rinse cycle more than I really wanted.  I also wound up in exactly the wrong spot for a series of overheads at Privates.

I was bashed, twirled, dunked.  I had sunglasses ripped off (again) and even some extra pieces of wetsuit I keep on my knees for padding torn off. I spent a lot of time uncurling my impact vest from under my arms.  At one point,  I lost my paddle, which I saw some distance ahead.  I paddled prone into the next wave, and managed going at warp speed to pick it up while zinging past it, then standing up to finish riding the wave, a fairly exotic experience for me.

Several times I wound up with violent white water surfing me in sideways with me dangling off the board.  I was able about half the time too jump on, redirect the board, then do a prone pop up to finish the ungainly ride.

When I got home I was pretty dazed, and bent over at lunch to have what looked like a bucket of water draining out of my nose.  During a nap, I was suffering post wave stress disorder because I kept having nightmares of tossing around.
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

southwesterly

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 06:55:04 PM »
Pleasure Point was as good as it gets the last few days.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 06:59:58 PM by southwesterly »

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 08:35:58 PM »
Everybody around here. And I mean everybody!
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

supthecreek

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 01:59:44 AM »
L41 and Santa Cruz were incredibly violent today.  I wasn't expecting it.  I held up pretty well balancing my neighbor's Pearson Arrow, but short period stuff relegated me to the inside rinse cycle more than I really wanted.  I also wound up in exactly the wrong spot for a series of overheads at Privates.

I was bashed, twirled, dunked.  I had sunglasses ripped off (again) and even some extra pieces of wetsuit I keep on my knees for padding torn off. I spent a lot of time uncurling my impact vest from under my arms.  At one point,  I lost my paddle, which I saw some distance ahead.  I paddled prone into the next wave, and managed going at warp speed to pick it up while zinging past it, then standing up to finish riding the wave, a fairly exotic experience for me.

Several times I wound up with violent white water surfing me in sideways with me dangling off the board.  I was able about half the time too jump on, redirect the board, then do a prone pop up to finish the ungainly ride.

When I got home I was pretty dazed, and bent over at lunch to have what looked like a bucket of water draining out of my nose.  During a nap, I was suffering post wave stress disorder because I kept having nightmares of tossing around.

could be my all time favorite!  ;D

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 08:10:32 AM »
Doheny Saturday, with the whole family.  I think my wife scored the most waves and my son the fewest. At least 8 foot faces on most of the set waves.  Capo Reef was breaking consistently.

Bulky

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 09:31:40 AM »
Goleta (def)--Chumash word for "that swell didn't hit here"

Glad you all got some!
Santa Barbara, CA

SIC RS 14x24.5
Infinity Blackfish 14'
Naish Glide 14' (2012)
SupSports Hammer 8'11
Starboard WidePoint 10'5
Ke Nalu Mana, Konihi, Maliko

surfshaver

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 09:54:18 AM »
Sitting here resting my shoulders, knees and back after five straight days of overhead surf in Malibu.  SUPCheat has it right -- definitely violent.  Broken leashes and boards at my local spot.  Friday afternoon and Sat morning was solid 10-12 foot faces breaking wide and cleaning everyone up.  I went to bed Sat night and when I put my head on the pillow, about a latte's worth of water came out of my sinuses after I had thought they were totally drained.

Old School 213

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2016, 02:49:14 PM »
You must have scared everyone off Ralph!? I'll be out with you again soon. Summertime has brought the crowds to my happy long board spot so it's time to find my paddle.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal