Author Topic: Best SUP locations in SE NC  (Read 3951 times)

diveChick

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
Best SUP locations in SE NC
« on: June 24, 2016, 04:39:39 PM »
My twin sister is a beginner paddleboarder and she lives in NC. She is interested in the best places to go paddleboarding near Wilmington or Topsail Island. Any suggestions for her? Thanks!

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
Re: Best SUP locations in SE NC
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 05:07:40 AM »
Flat water or waves?

flat water, park across the street from the blockaide runner or anywhere along the street. Feed the meters. At the end of every cross street it is considered a public access, so she can walk freely to the channel with her board. Paddle laps around harbor island. She'll see many others doing the same.

In Wrightsville Beach

diveChick

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 06:28:05 AM »
Thanks so much! Appreciate the info.

Flat water or waves?

flat water, park across the street from the blockaide runner or anywhere along the street. Feed the meters. At the end of every cross street it is considered a public access, so she can walk freely to the channel with her board. Paddle laps around harbor island. She'll see many others doing the same.

In Wrightsville Beach

supthecreek

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 07:26:22 AM »
Great info from DW.....that's a nice area, the only thing I would add is that your sister set up a "Pay by phone" account for the parking meters. I have never seen a more expensive place to park.

A great place for her to check in, is Carolina Paddleboard Company on 1322 Airlie Rd, Wilmington, NC .
Jason, April and the rest of the crew are great sources of information, plus they have weekly paddle groups that meet there for some flat-water paddling. They all SUP surf as well.

diveChick

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 12:27:23 PM »
Thanks very much. That's very helpful!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal