Author Topic: Ouch!?!  (Read 5549 times)

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
Re: Ouch!?!
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 04:24:22 PM »
@surfinJ

Those were some absolutely beautiful waves to surf in the video you posted. I would love in my lifetime to ride some waves like that.

Thanks for sharing the video.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2016, 09:37:40 PM »
No sh!t ouch! That was nasty! But that video was cool and that jam was INSANE! On the bright side I actually lol when the shore break was first getting you and the singer screamed out! So there's that. Good luck w/the repair. I blew out two fin boxes New Years day in 2' shorebreak. $200 repair between the boxes, labor and a new set of fins. Worst fin wreck ever for me.
...and for what it's worth, I think your break there in France reminds me of Cape Cod from Creek's vids. Beautiful bucket list places for sure!

« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 09:51:18 PM by surfercook »
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

addapost

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2016, 10:40:45 AM »
Loved the music.
Spot looks great.
Glad the board will be ok
Bunch of old shit

SUP Leave

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2016, 10:54:41 AM »
Ha great video.

I am the same way about the shore break. I get too stoked on a wave and just go for one   more    turn    and I'm rolling on the sand. I think a wetsuit increases your willingness to do that as well, because rolling on the sand without one is a lot more scratchy.

The other day I was at a wave in central Oregon where there was a back wash that created a mini ramp that would intersect with a wave most the time. This was so fun to jump over, that I did it over and over again even thought it put me in the shorebreak impact zone. Getting out of the wave earlier I would be right in the channel and conveyor belt back to the 'line up' (I was alone), but I would just ride past the channel to get to that ramp and spend 5 minutes dealing with the shorebreak to get back out. Fun is fun.
Make paddleboarding great again!

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2016, 08:52:40 AM »
Thanks, glad to share in the love of the surf.

That was some tail slam Cookie!  My board should be ready in a week, don't want to know the price.  For pennace I've forced myself to use solely my 8-4,
no matter the conditions.

The song was,  Isla de Encata, from the Pixies.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2016, 09:30:42 AM »
I've never broken a board on a wave, but I've turned two into junk in ten inches of water. Creased my Tilton longboard at thousand peaks and broke a slightly delammed Jimmy Lewis 11er into three pieces at the same place. For that matter, decades ago I turned about 4K worth of windsurfer into garbage on the beach at friendly ol' kanaha. I saved was the fin and the booms. All I did was step off it wrong and miss the grab for the mast. The shorebreak did the rest. I must have looked like Bobo the clown trying to rescue my stuff. Thank god there were no gopros and youtube back them. Mr. Fail.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2016, 02:02:25 AM »
I had to think of Night Wing as I walked over the dunes,  behave myself and don't take off on the suicide shore break temptress.

I'm lucky to have a board much less get it fixed when I fail.
Not a ounce gained and some carbon to neaten it up.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal