Author Topic: Jersey Go Pro Session  (Read 3060 times)

NorthJerzSurfer

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Jersey Go Pro Session
« on: June 21, 2016, 06:03:41 PM »
Finally go the go pro on to the paddle- waves were just big enough to care- but not so good i'd be bothered if i missed waves because of trying this out.

Nice little windswell today hoping tomorrow keeps it going.  heres my first screen grab as i process the footage.

Fog City Rider

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Jersey Go Pro Session
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 10:47:48 PM »
Nice shot.  Which model are you riding? 
San Diego, CA
10'0 Naish Nalu Pro (2017 version)
9'0 Pearson Arrow Laird custom
9'3 Pearson Arrow custom (prone)
9'8 Takayama In the Pink (prone)

NorthJerzSurfer

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 07:07:23 AM »
its a Starboard pocket rocket.- The original pad bit the dust- so it has the FCS dimple pad and a stomp pad on it now so looks different than stock

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 11:09:07 PM »
Nice! You've got it under control! I should score a Session...the Hero is just too darn big for the paddle mount.
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

NorthJerzSurfer

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 04:12:50 AM »
surfercook.  You should- its night and day.

I made the mistake of trying my hero on the paddle with a bike mount during hurrincane Joaquin and it was horrible. swing weight really threw me off- and i ruined a great session (best waves of the year in fact)

i barely notice the session is there.  I just wish I had it when i surfed LI more- since the footage is much better on frontside waves- and now i surf NJ almost exclusively and its all rights for my goofyfoot.

surfinJ

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 06:01:46 AM »
That's a cool picture.

I made the mistake of trying my hero on the paddle with a bike mount and it was horrible...swing weight really threw me off- and i ruined a great session...

This was my experience as well.  It was so bad I never tried again. I also found it complicating to use my paddle as a camera mount.  The habit of touching the water in some way while riding the wave is hard to break.

supthecreek

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 04:18:53 PM »
Nice shot NJS... clear and good action!

I am hopeless with the paddle mount camera, so I appreciate how good that shot is!

I took a "wetstuff" creation to GeoffC today for modification... it will be sort of "Dogman, backpack mount" but using a Roadwarrior getup that should get me run out of most lineups  :)

NorthJerzSurfer

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2016, 10:05:01 AM »
Nice shot NJS... clear and good action!

I am hopeless with the paddle mount camera, so I appreciate how good that shot is!

I took a "wetstuff" creation to GeoffC today for modification... it will be sort of "Dogman, backpack mount" but using a Roadwarrior getup that should get me run out of most lineups  :)

thats the beauty of the session....its barely noticable on a black paddle....so it is certainly less kooky than other setups.

If I head up to the cape again with the family this summer ill let you borrow it creek!

supthecreek

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2016, 01:32:36 PM »
Absolutely let me know when you are coming to the Cape!
Road Warrior meets Blade Runner ;)

clay

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • www.clayisland.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016, 12:34:49 PM »
Nice shot!  Look forward to more and the video.

+1 on the session, the lighter weight, no case/no fog is a game changer for me.  I look foward to the next release and I think there is a rumor the hero 5 will have a similar form factor.
Aloha, I welcome and appreciate all responses of positivity and good feeling.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOIE6FWr1SpWvbPJIIiEgog

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 10:25:57 PM »
there is a rumor the hero 5 will have a similar form factor.
Hmmm..interesting. I haven't done a paddle mount in quite some time now. That swing weight is def rough after a while. I don't even care to remember all the times I've muscled through sessions w/it! Such a cool pov though!

I remember this wave a coupla yrs ago..the weight of the camera was def effecting my performance! And the footage was useless backside!
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal