Author Topic: Jimmy Lewis Carbon versus epoxy  (Read 8239 times)

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Jimmy Lewis Carbon versus epoxy
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2016, 09:39:58 AM »
Having said that, I've always felt it far more important to have the right size and shape board to match your size, skills and waves than the actual board construction itself.
Agree wholeheartedly.
I demo'd a Wardog Stoke in epoxy and loved it.  I bought a used one in all carbon and love it even more for being light, super easy to throw around on a wave, and a breeze to carry.  That said, the epoxy was only slightly heavier and considering the small difference in weight having the right shape and size meant everything.

surfshaver

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2016, 10:39:47 AM »
Toolate,

I weigh 185 (190+in a wet fullsuit) and I ride a 9'2" Stun Gun in everything from waist high to DOH.  The board is so stable in wind and chop that I don't feel like I'm working hard.  I could easily be on an 8'7".

From what I can tell, the Super Tech is similar to the Stun Gun in shape only with a squash tail and more aggressive  bottom contours -- Single to Double Concave where the SG is mostly flat.

Given you that you surf in Hawaii -- juicy waves and windy conditions -- I'd go with a SG or ST and get a more conservative (bigger) size for your weight.  It will be a one board quiver!

toolate

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2016, 01:46:23 PM »
Thanks! I did and so far am happy! Have made some turns i never thought would be possible for a 56 year old

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal