• View Profile
    • Email
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 03:18:42 AM by DavidJohn »

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: iRig.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 09:54:56 AM »
Interesting idea. With some development it could be practical. That version looks like iRig 0.7
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 06:10:09 PM »
It's an excellent way to get new people interested in the sport, windsurfing that is, the windsurfing industry could use something like this to add to the number of customers interested, they are needed.
In a weird way, thru ideas like this, the SUP industry could actually help the windsurfing industry.
It takes a quiver to do that.

outcast

• Peahi Status
  • Ambassador for Nihilistic Surf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 07:17:08 PM »
Seems like an easy transition to a Wing Suit.

Make a step drop on a cross -off wind....detach and fly.

I would use it to teach kids
Too many for the rack
Some in the shack
Some under decks
Some have straps

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 07:11:38 PM »
Now you're talking about the old Wind Weapon. I used to sail those. I dropped right out of the sky once and broke a board in half. Lucky it wasn't my legs that broke.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 03:26:27 PM »
Ok. Who's tried it? I know, it looks like a toy but it looks so damn easy to pack around, to set up, and to goof off on. Seems it has been through a season Down Under by now.
I have looked at the Aerotech windsup rigs for a few years now, said I was going to get one, and still haven't pulled the trigger. Way close a time or two but haven't. They just don't seem quite as easy or really, more to the point, portable enough for what I want. From the time I start packing my inflatable all summer I would ideally want to pack a sail and rig if I going to get one. Not on top of my ride but in it. With me all the time, just like the board. Stop at the lake on the windier afternoons on the way home and go out rather than not. Could lead to getting an Aerotech rig, I don't know. Just wondering...is it a hunk of junk or is it a fun toy that can fill in the gaps on windy afternoons?   

Dwight (DW)

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • supSURFmachines
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 04:26:18 PM »
Harness or no harness, that is the difference between the Aerotech and iRig

No harness would be a deal breaker for me.

spookini

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 05:24:48 PM »
I believe the windSUP rig includes a 2-piece mast.  The 6-ft long "carrybag" shown in their videos assumes you want to walk around w/ the mast already assembled and dressed w/ the sail.   But if you break it down in b/w uses, then it's really just a std 2pc mast, boom, foot, and windSUP sail.  All of which is easily stowable inside your car.

In lo-wind boardsailing, the boom is your steering wheel:  you grasp it at many different locations along the boom arm, hang from it, underhand it, use 'body english on it, etc. etc.  The iRig, you lose that for a few loosey-goosey handholds.  (Plus, from the few vids online, it looks pretty underpowered.)

I'd go w/ a windSUP rig.  After you learn how to rig/de-rig, it usually takes under 10min to get going.

-- My doctor says I suffer from low kook --
Do sharks attack?  Hope not
Do flying fish hate us?  Hells yes

SUPflorida

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 05:38:11 PM »
That Irig gives me visions of a slog fest...I am of the school of "if your not planing your complaining" this I rig looks like the worst of both worlds. 😝

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 04:30:01 PM »
Thanks for the input for sure. If/when I get something I will definitely post about it. Either way it will start out as something to play around with. Let's see, probably one of a few things.  I get the Irig, see what I could do, then get the Aerotech, then figure out the board I have isn't up to snuff. I get the Aerotech and figure out the board I got isn't up to snuff, or get either and don't like or am just fine with it as is. I have a feeling it would fall within the first two....I see new stuff on the horizon no matter what. Summer is on it's way........too bad the smoking deal I have discovered doesn't have a mast track on it.

JimK

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Big Guys can have fun too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 08:16:14 AM »
Guys,

I've been using these (WINDSUP  & tested the iRig)

The WINDSUP rig can be used in planning & Subplanning conditions and are GREAT for SUP Surfsailing.

The iRig works but it is a "Go Windsurfing" rig not performance planning This rig gets all "Twisted" at 15mph. We are excited to use these in our windsurfing school for kids and smaller adults (We do not teach beginner windsurfing lessons over 15mph) and folks who wanna use a rig on their iSUP

If you have specific questions feel free to PM or Email me

We offer ZONER Deals on all items ZONERS buy at Extreme Windsurfing

JimK
Extreme Windsurfing

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal