Author Topic: iRocker isup - anyone use their boards?  (Read 3207 times)

isupJOE

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
iRocker isup - anyone use their boards?
« on: May 30, 2016, 07:40:56 AM »
New to this forum and like many are looking for a SUP.  Read many reviews on pro's and cons of isup vs regular sup's.  I was thinking of buying an iRocker as you can buy 2 different boards as a package for what I thought was a great deal.  But have not been able to find any reviews on them, except one.  Looking for more info.  They seem like good quality and I have been in touch with the company and they seem very responsive.

Looking for some guidance here. 

Thank you,
isupJOE

spookini

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: iRocker isup - anyone use their boards?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 09:11:56 AM »
iJoe:

iSUPSs definitely have their place, some folks on here love 'em, others hate 'em. 
IMO, they're great if you're a newbie, casual paddler, and/or not doing any hi-performance surfing.

That said, the iRocker looks like any other cheap-o iSUP.  The paddle looks like garbage.
There are much better products out there...

There's nothing on their website that seems compelling. 
What is "triple military grade"??
-- My doctor says I suffer from low kook --
Do sharks attack?  Hope not
Do flying fish hate us?  Hells yes

Easy Rider

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: iRocker isup - anyone use their boards?
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 10:26:12 AM »
To the original poster - Please go to a SUP specific shop, if there is not one close by - search and call the one closest to you.
The people there are paid to know about SUP's - and will know way more than the intrawebs does. 
If the shop  is not local - chances are they can ship one to you - especially an inflatable. 

SUP really is a "get what you pay for" sport.  If you are only going to use the board 2 or 3 times a year - a lower priced (and quality) board will work.  If you plan on doing it more - get a better board.  You will have a much better experience - and therefore enjoy the sport more. 

Just my 2¢
Easy Rider is the name of my store in Edmonton, AB, Canada.
My name is Warren Currie . . . and we SUP Surf indoors . . . in a shopping mall!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal