Author Topic: Victory KoreDry board covers  (Read 6463 times)

Luc Benac

• Teahupoo Status
  • Super Natural British Columbia
    • View Profile
    • When not paddling...
    • Email
Re: Victory KoreDry board covers
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2016, 02:56:02 PM »
I only do that while sitting in the parking lot.
Ha, that makes sense. I would rather have the fabric wear out than having the cover fly away.

Cheers,

Luc
Sunova Allwater 14'x25.5" 303L Viento 520
Sunova Torpedo 14'x27" 286L Salish 500
Naish Nalu 11'4" x 30" 180L Andaman 520
Sunova Steeze 10' x 31" 150L
Blackfish Paddles

LeeBee

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2016, 03:35:46 PM »
My experience.
Bought one for my 14 x 26.25 BlackBox UNO. The nose was too wide for the narrow entry on the board, and the cut out for the fin was far too long. I also was concerned about the single fabric at the nose wearing out quickly as well. I went to the local sewing shop, and reduced the size of the fin cut out and pulled the front sides together back about 14" to narrow the nose and put a second layer of fabric at the very front to insure the bow wold not cut through it. This cost me $20 and everything now works fine and does not flap too much at 65 MPH. It is nice not to have the weight of a full padded cover added to the board weight and a lot less wind resistance when carrying it. It seems to provide good sun protection.
One other tip for boards with a concave bottom, where the straps want to vibrate. I slide a piece of 1/2" foam under the cover about 36" x 26" in size so the straps catch it at both front and rear positions, this completely stops the buzzing. You do not have to twist the straps.
Glad to see the manufacturer has doubled up the nose fabric, suggest a Velcro strip on the fin cutout and perhaps on the front as well to narrow the nose width.

2019 Mistral Stealth 17' 6" x 24"
2019 Mistral Interceptor 17' 6" x 24"
2017 NSP Ninja 14' x 25"
2016 JP Australia All-Around 11' 8" x 31"
Stellar S16S surf ski
Kai Barton ARES OC-1 outrigger canoe

Sup-position

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2016, 12:00:39 PM »
Love my topless board cover, really keeps the board cool. I throw mine on over my sup strapped to my car while at work and pull it off when I leave. If you put it on the board and then strap it, it's a bit slippery and the straps will wear into the fabric. Need one for my ski now!
Have you ever had any problem with it becoming loose? I was considering doing this but choose against it as I was too scared that it would fly away on the next car on the highway.

Don't know what Geno is doing.

But he doesn't have the resources for fabric and materials that Victotry does..
And we have made improvements as necessary
Ralph
Sup-position
(714) 899-3020 call, Text or Message

ford

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2016, 04:02:37 PM »
It would be good to add some new pictures to the KoreDry sight showing the improvements and changes or even putting them in the description.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal