Author Topic: 2016 Paddle for the Cure  (Read 2041 times)

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
2016 Paddle for the Cure
« on: May 27, 2016, 06:22:01 AM »
It's a little early, but I'm announcing the 2016 Paddle for the Cure on the Hudson River. The date is September 10, 2016. This is a non-competitive, nine mile paddle from Beacon to Cold Spring. After the paddle is a party and lunch. It costs $65, but will be $50 if you register before July 1. The Brown Paper Tickets link will be up in a couple of days, which I'll post.

The organizers, the Hudson River Watertrail Association, do a good job organizing this. You drop your equipment off at the launch site in Beacon, then drive back to Cold Spring to leave your car. The group gathers at the Cold Spring railway station and takes the train (ticket included in registration) back to Beacon.

This is a casual paddle with a “poker hand” contest. At each of five stops, you get a poker card. Those with the best hands at the end of the paddle win prizes. You'll pass by some gorgeous scenery, including Storm King Mountain, Bannerman's Island with its famous castle, and Breakneck Ridge.

Here's the link for the event. We usually have about 80 kayakers and a dozen or so paddleboarders. I've been a guide for the event for the last few years. This is a pretty easy paddle, especially when the current and tides are with you, so you can bring your family.

I would be overjoyed to see some Zoners there.

http://hrwa.org/events/paddle-for-the-cure/
Pau Hana 11' Big EZ Ricochet (Beluga)

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
Re: 2016 Paddle for the Cure
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 04:37:29 AM »
I was talking to the organizers of the Paddle for the Cure and we just had a NSP 10'2" board donated to raffle. It's bright pink, guys! I know you want one!

The event is September 10. Hope to see some Zoners there. Here is the link for registration:

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2555479
Pau Hana 11' Big EZ Ricochet (Beluga)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal