Author Topic: WTB carbon Avanti  (Read 2984 times)

rbgar

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
WTB carbon Avanti
« on: May 23, 2016, 03:15:16 PM »
I love my Avanti and want a lighter board so a carbon is a natural choice. New or used will do, even all dinged up I can fix. Any out there???

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: WTB carbon Avanti
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 05:29:10 PM »
If you find a used Avanti Carbon, I'd go ahead and get it.

If you're looking for something similar that surfs great but is much lighter, you should contact SUP Sports (a site sponsor) and ask about the Mahalo and One World models.  I've owned both and both surf great.  Obviously, the shorter you go, the more agile the board becomes.  The owner of SUP Sports can customize an all carbon for you at any size and shape you're looking for at the price of a normal construction Starboard Avanti.  I've seen 4 and 5 year old versions of his carbon boards out in the water every weekend in Santa Barbara.

I'm only a customer, but I've been very happy with the 2 production and 4 custom boards I've owned from SUP Sports.  I got good bang for the buck, and plan on getting my next board from them too.

best of luck in your search.
Jim

rbgar

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 03:57:37 AM »
Thanks Jim, I'll give them a look!

rbgar

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 10:10:46 AM »
wow they do nice stuff there at SUP Sports with so much info out there i think i over tweeked my brain, leaning towards a Hammer as they say its glides and stable like a bigger board but surfs like a shorter one, sounds good to me!

Sup-position

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 09:39:12 AM »
We have a couple
2016 Avanti's available in Carbon Construction

Superior Design, Construction, Quality and Warranty...

Ralph
Sup-position
(714) 899-3020 call, Text or Message

SUP Sports ®

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Stoked For Life ®
    • View Profile
    • SUP Sports ®
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 12:35:50 PM »
wow they do nice stuff there at SUP Sports with so much info out there i think i over tweeked my brain, leaning towards a Hammer as they say its glides and stable like a bigger board but surfs like a shorter one, sounds good to me!

Aloha rbgar,
Thanks...the Hammer is a much faster board than the Avanti...which is overly rockered...
We can knock 1' off of the length and narrow it up a bit, at essentially the same volume...and, you'll gain glide along with stability...

We made a custom carbon 10' x 35" Hammer for a local client that was 207.6 liters...
Our production 10'6" x 33" is 198 liters...and, we are building one of those for a client right now...it's getting ready to be painted...

Our California built carbon customs are more than $1K less than the SB's...I see the list price on the 2016 is $3299...YIKES!...;-)

The five fin option is terrific for loosening it up...plus, you'll also be able to nose ride...

Here's a testimonial that captures the ride qualities of the Hammer...

5/12/16
Subject: 8’11” Hammer SUP

Hi, I saw one of the 8’11” Hammers for sale at my local board shop (Sandy Point Progressive Sports).
I have read the posts online about its performance, so I bought it. No Demo!
It seems to have been made very well.
Took it out this am in waist high glassy conditions.
I’m impressed! Catches waves like a 10′ board, but turns like a short board.
I had reservations about the huge tail, but somehow it works! I guess it keeps you from bogging down during cutbacks.
I rode it as a tri with cheap plastic fins. I’ll have to change that soon!
I can’t wait to get back out and try to find this SUP’s limits.

Thank you,
Marty D**** (Daytona Beach, FL.)

http://supsports.com/standup-paddle-boards/hammer-series

BTW, I see that you are only 250#...
Big Will in these pics was over 260#...and, he's riding our 9'5" x 33" Hammer at 188 liters...you can see that he is floating high and dry...

If you have any questions feel free to PM me, or email me off of the website...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 12:47:08 PM by SUPsports »
Mahalos...{:~)

WARDOG ®
Owner/CEO  StandUp Paddle Sports®  &   SurfingSports®.com, Inc.

(805)962-SUPS (7877) store
(888)805-9978 toll free

Retail Store:
Standup Paddle Sports, LLC
121 Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal