Author Topic: The Ohmygoditsfreezing Gorge Report  (Read 10213 times)

cnski

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Ohmygoditsfreezing Gorge Report
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2016, 04:28:16 PM »
I was 20 in Hood River 25 years ago. Bikinis were pretty rare back then.

SD1

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2016, 04:39:10 PM »
Fellas...
Been really enjoying these posts. Looks great! I will be in Hood River from July 3 to July 15th. My wife and I are making the trek up from San Diego. We will be bringing up a Naish Glide and Rogue Rage 14. Did a guided downwinder with Big Winds last summer. Wind was very low, but the scenery was amazing. It would be great to meet up with you guys for a downwinder. I was planning on just taking the Big Winds shuttle, but I am sure I could convince my wife to shuttle at some point...hopefully ;D Pretty much have read all the great information on Hood River on the zone.

Anyways, if anyone is interested in meeting up for a downwinder or have any advice or information...One or a few tasty beers will be rewarded for your help of course!That would be amazing and deeply appreciated. Fell free to PM me.

Thanks again,
Mike

laszlo

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2016, 06:19:57 PM »
o
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 06:59:08 PM by laszlo »

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2016, 10:26:13 PM »
Bikinis were more than just rare. Thirty years ago when I started windsurfing here it was an absolute sausage fest. I wasn't twenty, I was 40, but still, there were aa tiny number of women in the sport and darn few hanging out in town or on the beach. For some reason we called the event center the marina then, before it was developed into a dedicated windsport venue. The town has radically changed. Where there was only Bette's and Pietro's for food--until Full Sail started flipping burgers on a grill on their back deck, now there's dozens of restaurants. Males still predominate a little bit, but nothing like the 80's.

SD1, sure, glad to get together and share some shuttles. I'm racing in Seattle this weekend, won't be back until tuesday, and then racing in Portland the weekend after, but still some time in between and afterward to make it work. 

I try to go at least twice a day when it's good. Also fun to go over to the Hatchery and/or swell for a little surfing in the late afternoon or early evening.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SD1

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2016, 10:35:35 PM »
Polo Bill,

That sounds excellent! Looking forward to it for sure. I will send ya message when I get up there in your Hood on Sunday/Monday. Have Fun Racing!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal