Author Topic: SUP fishing on the Adriatic?  (Read 7455 times)

lucyland

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • East Bay SUP
    • Email
SUP fishing on the Adriatic?
« on: May 08, 2016, 01:39:39 AM »
My husband and I are moving to Croatia where we will have two inflatable touring boards waiting for us, and he just announced a desire to take up SUP fishing on the Adriatic. Naturally, I encourage this.

But where to begin? Assuming he can borrow fishing-related gear what is the minimum he needs to get his SUP ready for a fishing excursion?

I'm wondering if there's a SUP Fishing primer in the vein of Rob Casey's book and whether anyone on this board his had experience fishing on the Dalmatian Coast (on a SUP or not)?
Twitter:
@EastBaySUP
@carouselno3

Trout_Creek_Outdoors

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Board and Kayak Life
    • Email
Re: SUP fishing on the Adriatic?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 07:25:22 AM »
Wow, Croatia is beautiful. I don't have any specific recommendations for paddle board spots there, but having been there on a boat there are many beautiful places in and around Croatia.

Cavtat is stunning and it's one of the most southern ports of call before you hit Montengro. Speaking of which, you might want to check out Montenegro as well. They have huge channels flanked by mountainsides that would be a great place to paddle (so long as it's permitted). Kotor is particularly scenic.

If you can make it to Mljet, that's stunning as well. Beware of the bees though. I was told that Mljet roughly translated means 'bee' and for good reason. Happy paddling!
Paddle On!

deepmud

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: SUP fishing on the Adriatic?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 01:51:30 PM »
Maybe get some d-rings in case they are harder to get there?  I like a cooler to sit on or mount poles to for fishing.

I got these from Amazon - WAY cheaper than anywhere else I could find @ 4 for about $12 - instead of $15-20 each.

http://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Steel-D-ring-Inflatable-Dinghy/dp/B00XFXPYQO?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

I put a bunch on my 14' Tower Xplorer - it makes a good fishing barge :D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal