Author Topic: Fort Point Shame and Righteous Anger - Video  (Read 19813 times)

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Fort Point Shame and Righteous Anger - Video
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2016, 07:37:46 PM »
I do have to counterpoint a bit on Cowell's today.  Since it was my first time there, I had no idea who the regulars are and there were some expert surfers, not just twirling groms.

Aside from the guy who took a bead on me and succeeded in running me over, there were several very nice, gnarly longboarders who greeted me with friendly nods and even chatted a bit.  One gave me a thumbs up when I managed to chase a few successive waves all the way into the sand.

It does seem to break the ice a bit if you can catch a wave with reasonable competence, even if you look like a glaring kook like me with my helmet and vest.

It ain't all bad, but the bad Cali rep was one of the things that I was afraid of when I first went out on the ocean.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 07:47:31 PM by SUPcheat »
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2016, 09:38:26 PM »
Clay, did he do anything to your car?
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2016, 09:50:24 PM »
I hear that every once in a while. Around here it usually ends with "I'm going to tell the ranger that you were surfing here :'( ". Then I hear "mmam maaa blah blah south of the blah blah signs ONLY!" on a loud speaker, which I am completely numb to at this point and it doesn't even register anymore with me. I usually end up staying right where I'm at. Maybe drift south a little. A little.
Haters are haters for life.

To bad Clay. Just one of those days.
It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

IRideYellow

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2016, 09:51:41 PM »
You can now say, paraphrasing former Speaker of the House, John Boehner,  “I have never surfed with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life”

Starboard WidePoint 8'10, Sunova 8'10 Speeed (Sold), Wardog  7'10 Jammer,  L41 8'8 S3 (sold), Naish Mana 10 (sold), 3 Wavestorm 9'6

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2016, 11:58:35 PM »
I have a long fuse, but halfway through your video mine had burned all the way to the powder.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2016, 06:53:33 AM »
I have a long fuse, but halfway through your video mine had burned all the way to the powder.
Can you imagine how it would have gone with me?......RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Very glad I don't run into dicks like that much, I'm too old and banged up to solve it the old fashioned way but I still don't have much patience or tolerance for bullies. WTF is with people thinking that others need to do shit their way?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 06:55:19 AM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

UKRiverSurfers

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2016, 07:06:39 AM »
I love that the local dip shits that surf there think it’s some kind of secret spot. All within view of the 112,000 cars that cross the bridge daily.

It’s sad that you had to put on your game face… but you did a good job of it.

When crap like that happens to me, the bummer is I spend the next week thinking of snappy retorts that I should have said.

Funny thing is, I knew about that break in the mid nineties, sitting here in Oxford :)

Was the knob head on a short board, pretending it was 1992??

So 'Last century  ;D
SIC Bullet 17v2 Custom
Richmond Custom Carbon 16'
Starboard Point 14'8
Starboard K15
Starboard Astro Touring 14
Starboad Big Easy
Redpaddle Ride 10'6
Badfish Rivershred
Jackson SUPercharger
Badfish MVP 9'o
Badfish IRS 7'2
Pack OC1 12'

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2016, 07:09:45 AM »
first, clay, you have put enough of you out here on the zone for us all to know you are a decent, good human, period. the problem here wasnt remotely you.

second, i'd say you handled it just right. you stood up but didnt get drawn into physicality.

i would have been at serious risk of calling the POS out and saying "either stfu or let's get to the beach now you big pussy, so i can shove you head up your ass where it belongs" (that's the "what i shouldda said" shit that SWerly wrote of). it is tough to walk away angry. i have tried to rein that in as the asshole wins if he remains in your head.

My recent bad run-in featured a guy who, after I stood up to some BS he threw my way, said "you dont know how bad you just fucked up". I laughed at the guy and "really, when will i find out? how bout showing me right fucking now". he slunk off, and ive seen him many times since--as I paddle up he starts talking shit about me with other proners, many of whom have seen me around, getting along fine, for years. no more problems from him.

I was a scrapper back in the day, know how to take a punch, and wasnt afraid of a good beating.  but this aint back in the day. I am glad he didnt take the bait, frankly. with my luck he'd have turned out to be a MMA fighter!

so yeah clay you handled it right. you stood up but didnt escalate.

what HS did you go to? hilarious That moron likely failed his GED.

stoney, can you pls fly out for a session or two at FT Point?

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

NEplay

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2016, 09:24:52 AM »
That was fucking awesome!!!!Man I laughed with you and at him.  Both videos, so excellent with the wonderful self-depreciation on the fall after fall edit. I CAN RELATE and what a geek you are!!!! Why-SUP-obviously speaks for it self-" Like look at me standing, wobbling around while flailing on this big ass board with a giant canoe paddle in my hand with with my big IPA belly not being hidden by my black wetsuit.(Clay you are all ripped up but IPA belly can endemic amongst Standup surfers-NTTWWT, your antagonist being a case in point.) Your GoPro show is tight and that is geeky and you have a giant watch which looks pretty techie and techieness is a close relative of geekiness although less so in more modern times. Geek is the new cool and the clown show on the yellow board was  not even cool in the Jurassic age.

I must get my GoPro show wired.
New England Is My Playground

clay

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • www.clayisland.com
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2016, 09:33:02 AM »
Thanks Carl, SD Surfer, SUP Leave, southwesterly, stoneaxe, Chilly, SUPJorge, Ichabod Spoonbill, robon, pdxmike, covesurfer, Rick, Zooport, TallDude, IRideYellow, Bill, UKRiverSurfers, eastbound, NEplay, I appreciate the comments and support.

As far as I know he didn't mess with my vehicle, I was concerned for several minutes and then I suspected it was just another scare tactic to try to get me to leave the lineup and not come back.

Man these incidents can linger in the mind and sometimes I catch myself second guessing or playing out the woulda shoulda couldas.  Really glad I have a supportive community like the zone to share with and get awesome feedback.
Aloha, I welcome and appreciate all responses of positivity and good feeling.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOIE6FWr1SpWvbPJIIiEgog

Ichabod Spoonbill

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Hudson Valley, NY
    • View Profile
    • HVH2O
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2016, 10:19:30 AM »
I get it about how that negative crap can grab ahold of you. I'm definitely a “let's all get along” kind of guy. I grew up getting cursed out every day, so now I get really upset when people talk smack to me. I had a coworker get very testy to me yesterday, and I'm still upset about it. Letting go of that stuff can be hard because what the person says echoes in your head, but letting go is what you need to do. After all, you're just holding on to an asshole.
Pau Hana 11' Big EZ Ricochet (Beluga)

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2016, 10:23:50 AM »
Your vids and your camera mount experiments are awesome and help keep up the stoke around here. Party and video on!

What's IPA belly?  I have a sneaking suspicion that I am an exemplar of the class.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 10:36:46 AM by SUPcheat »
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2016, 11:08:53 AM »
Yes...I resent that IPA comment...my belly is from milk.... ;)
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2016, 11:19:16 AM »
Lager for me, or is that pilsner, oh I'm not picky.

This might help explain manatee-boy's reluctance for da GoPro. 

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2016, 11:41:42 AM »

Man these incidents can linger in the mind and sometimes I catch myself second guessing or playing out the woulda shoulda couldas.  Really glad I have a supportive community like the zone to share with and get awesome feedback.

I'm with you, Clay.  While I do well enough on the water with these kinds of conflicts, internally, I hate them and think about them for days.
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal