Author Topic: allstar flex - real or BS?  (Read 20677 times)

photofr

• Peahi Status
  • Dakine… fun
    • View Profile
    • Extreme Outdoor Photography
    • Email
Re: allstar flex - real or BS?
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2016, 12:44:16 AM »
Here's something that should CHEER UP the mood on venting.

The thing is... the last mountain bike most people bought may have been in the $400 range. My new lighter brakes cost me $520 - yes, just for bicycle brakes.

So prices are all relative...
I still wish sports equipment would be cheaper (more affordable).
I still wish SUP board would be stiffer and in the 7 kilos range.

But let's face it:
Most people agree and still wish for that single board that can do it all. I have the answer, and deep down, so do you. In fact, I am pretty sure you've the answer for some time, but you are probably choosing to ignore it. Here's a friendly reminder... This board can do it all, or almost.

Sunday - RACE (downwind, sidewind, flat conditions without suffering too much...)
Tuesday - A BEGINNER TESTING YOUR BOARD (flat conditions, or slight wind)
Wednesday - TRAINING WORKOUT - pushing some personal limits, any condition.
Thursday - DOWNWIND - just for the fun and the crowd.
Friday - TECHNIQUE
Saturday - TOURING (any and all conditions).

BOARD:
17 feet in length
Needle nose with high volume
27" in max width
Rudder operated
7 kilos (all rigged)

For anything else is not going to be even close to the glide you will experience.
Nelo SUP - 14' x 23"
Nelo Surfski 560M - 18'4" x 17"

ukgm

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2016, 12:52:20 AM »
Yeah the price per pound up charge is over the top - and silly.

You never charge what something costs - you charge what you think people are willing to pay.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2016, 06:36:57 AM »
I'm headed off to race my vintage race car this weekend. It makes anything human-powered seem free. I confess to having second thoughts about doing this sport at all, though I'm fairly good at it and I've been doing it in one form or another all my life. Not because it's expensive and a lot of work, but just because it's blowing like stink right now, and I had such a blast downwinding yesterday.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2016, 07:42:08 AM »
I'm headed off to race my vintage race car this weekend. It makes anything human-powered seem free. I confess to having second thoughts about doing this sport at all, though I'm fairly good at it and I've been doing it in one form or another all my life. Not because it's expensive and a lot of work, but just because it's blowing like stink right now, and I had such a blast downwinding yesterday.

POTD

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal