Author Topic: How many members of this forum are women?  (Read 38629 times)

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
How many members of this forum are women?
« on: April 18, 2016, 11:10:44 AM »
One....

spirit4earth

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: How many members of this forum are women?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 04:38:47 PM »
Obviously I worded this topic wrong.  I should have said "How many of you are women?".

NEplay

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 05:04:02 PM »
shred ready!!!
New England Is My Playground

SeaMe

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 05:02:56 PM »
Late to the party, but there's at least three of us.  :)
“I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.” ― Anaïs Nin
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
Fanatic Fly HRS 10'6"
Fanatic Ray HRS BVI 12'0" ヾ(@°▽°@)ノ

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 05:08:27 PM »
Not me, but can I use your bathroom?  ;)
It takes a quiver to do that.

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 06:38:47 PM »
I'm a guy but I've been trying to get the "hot chicks" thread deleted for years. We will never have much female input here until we get rid of the silly high school boy content.

The struggle is real. Welcome.

supthecreek

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 06:57:47 PM »
Good poll.... maybe add, because it matters:
How many "guests" are women?

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 07:01:36 PM »
Yeah the forum title is kinda creepy
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
Custom Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 07:32:58 PM »
How many "guests" are women?
Kind of ties in with what Weasel asked...........I don't think we will ever know.

SeldomScene

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 08:08:00 PM »
I don't mind the hot chicks pictures, but some of the vulgar comments about the chicks are downright disturbing.  As in the recent "meat curtains" vulgarity.  Definitely not for minors.  Makes you wonder how adults can be so sophomoric, or is that just moronic. 

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2016, 09:36:27 AM »
I wish there were more, far too much testosterone on here sometimes, my own included. It's too easy for conversations turn into guy talk. Just like girl talk only different. I have mixed feelings about the hot chicks thread. I appreciate the female form as much as anyone and especially a fit woman showing athletic prowess but some of the pics and commentary go over the line for me. I've always told women I know that SUP to join...none have. I don't think it has anything to do with and male behavior here though. I could be clueless though.... :P
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

clay

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • www.clayisland.com
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2016, 12:29:53 PM »
I've been trying to get the "hot chicks" thread deleted for years.

I'm a man as well, and glad I'm not the only that objects to that thread.  for me it's not the nudity or prudishness, it's that viewing women in that shallow superficial way messes up my relationships. No matter how subtle it conditions men to believe they will be happier if their woman looks like that, and conditions women to believe they will be happier of they look like that.  So to often men end up coveting other "hot" women, and women hate their bodies.  From what I've seen in other cultures us men are not hard wired to find magazine cover girls attractive, it's programming. I can only imagine what the massive amount of photos and videos on the Internet does to young people, I know I was certainly confused in high school.

I hope to see more women and feminine energy on this forum and in the water.
Aloha, I welcome and appreciate all responses of positivity and good feeling.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOIE6FWr1SpWvbPJIIiEgog

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2016, 01:22:13 PM »
Sigh...yeah I've objected to that thread as well, and been roundly attacked for it. So strong were the objections to my viewpoint that I wondered if I was being over-sensitive. So I showed it to my wife and asked her what she thought. Her verdict was succinct: "sad wank&rs".

It's a great shame there aren't more women in this forum. I've learnt a lot from several in the past, including (if I remember their handles correctly), JillRide and Celeste, whose contributions have been outstanding IMO.

Esteroali

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2016, 02:11:54 PM »
So glad this topic was started. I am female. Middle aged.  Pretty open minded. Think all of this hot chix stuff is pretty juvenile. Affects the whole attitude of the zone.  Hopefully it will fade with time as the forum evolve. You know, we can all act like grown ups?

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2016, 02:44:30 PM »
It's a great shame there aren't more women in this forum. I've learnt a lot from several in the past, including (if I remember their handles correctly), JillRide and Celeste, whose contributions have been outstanding IMO.
Interesting, those are the two I thought of first also.  And how sad that is there are so few we can name most of them.  I pass JillRide's board advice onto every woman who asks me about choosing a board.  And here (Portland) it seems like most new paddlers are women.   

The activity on the local facebook SUP page seems to be mostly by women.  There's also quite a bit of interest in standup on pinterest, which is 99% women.  Not that I know that from using pinterest myself. Not that there'd be anything wrong with it if I did, even if I did want to, which I don't, other than perhaps for the pictures.

So more should be here eventually.  Of course they may already be, and just aren't making it obvious.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal