Author Topic: Hobie Pedal SUP  (Read 20151 times)

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
Re: Hobie Pedal SUP
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2016, 07:53:18 AM »
I don't get why anyone would buy one of these. The kayak version makes more sense. It's just as fast, goes upwind better, handles rough seas better. It's just better in every way. Why would you want to stand up?
Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2016, 12:49:32 PM »
One local guy has both the kayak and SUP ones - and seems to like putting around in them.  Looks hilarious and is not for me - but he seems to like it.   :o ::)
Fast is FUN!   8)
Dominator - Touring Pintail - Bullet V2 - M14 - AS23

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2016, 03:26:58 PM »
A beautiful fall evening in NE. Paddling on Sheep's Pond (NW wind avoidance) trying to practice two things at once. I suspect Strephosymbolia, ADD, ADHD, Dyslexia are related - especially if you are a lefty!

Fisherman casting, we are all not looking forward to the time change to say the least. Whazzat in the middle of the pond?

I see poles sticking up, and a familiar logo on the side. Hobe pedal kayak on the loose. He was having a grand time as twilight settled in.

Paddled right over and had a great conversation about fishing from SUPS, kayaks, and pedal kayaks. He had done all of the above and felt that the pedal kayak was the greatest thing in the world for fishing off of.

He agreed that my Starboard 12'6" Race was faster, better exercise, but lousy for fishing!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 03:43:28 PM by mrbig »
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2016, 04:33:53 PM »
A pedal sup is not for me. I think they are a fad and this fancy will fade in my opinion.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2016, 09:07:16 PM »
I don't get why anyone would buy one of these. The kayak version makes more sense. It's just as fast, goes upwind better, handles rough seas better. It's just better in every way. Why would you want to stand up?

Because I like to??  The point of all these things, from OC1 to SUP to Kayak to Hobie pedal SUP is to have fun. What is the point of even asking that question? How could you assume that one way of getting on the water is better than another? Have you learned nothing? What a bunch of old farts you guys are. Do it my way or not at all. Time to grow a ponytail and bitch about the good old days.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 09:16:02 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2016, 11:36:01 PM »
The first ever Mirage drive race for SUPs. These things do look like they move fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijl0H0vViK4
Anybody know what the music is on this?  Maybe Hobie searched for songs about "bipedal" for the video, and couldn't find any, so went down the alphabet to "bipolar" figuring that was close enough.

ukgm

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2016, 11:46:04 PM »

You might as well ask why SUP then as its pretty inefficient when compared to kayaking. It doesn't have to make sense sometimes !

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2016, 02:54:09 AM »

Because I like to??  The point of all these things, from OC1 to SUP to Kayak to Hobie pedal SUP is to have fun. What is the point of even asking that question? How could you assume that one way of getting on the water is better than another? Have you learned nothing? What a bunch of old farts you guys are. Do it my way or not at all. Time to grow a ponytail and bitch about the good old days.

You didn't seem to feel that way about the River Skis.  ::)

http://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php/topic,30069.msg324824.html#msg324824

Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2016, 10:27:03 AM »

You didn't seem to feel that way about the River Skis.  ::)

http://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php/topic,30069.msg324824.html#msg324824
That's not inconsistent, because the River Ski video had bad music.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal