Author Topic: rattle paddle  (Read 2085 times)

NXLVL

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
rattle paddle
« on: March 30, 2016, 07:05:08 PM »
so has anyone had the epoxy from the inside of the paddle to break off and rattle up and down the shaft during a session? leaving you with no way of taking off the t-handle with out shortening your paddle. i may have a solution if you own such a paddle or.....you guys are way smarter than i am and you "sand the inside of the shaft and bottom part of handle before attaching permanently." quote by CHILL

NXLVL

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: rattle paddle
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 07:06:11 PM »
did this with a brand new Riptide and i drove me completely crazy!!

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 11:29:07 PM »
There isn't anything you can do about it that I know of, other than take it apart. 

Simple tip for gluing a fixed paddle with epoxy:
We hang paddles upside down after gluing them to keep the resin in place while curing because little resin drops running down the inside of the shaft will eventually get loose and rattle around.
Robert Stehlik
Blue Planet Surf Shop, Honolulu
Hawaii's SUP HQ
http://www.blueplanetsurf.com

NXLVL

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 04:39:25 PM »
There isn't anything you can do about it that I know of, other than take it apart. 

so...i drilled a hole about 1/4" on the finger side of the t-handle, not palm. i then go some "great stuff" from lowes and get the rattle piece in the t-handle (paddle now upside down.) i spray some "great stuff in the t-handle and let the foam expand inside the paddle trapping the piece inside the t-handle. after full expansion, i then plug up the hole with marine epoxy and sand flush. no mo rattle, no weight added either. "rattle paddle" fixed! i knew for sure pono would have an answer, but no pono on this one

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 07:14:08 PM »
You did exactly what I was thinking...... :)
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal