Author Topic: RSPro does it again with Deck protection  (Read 26156 times)

anonsurfer

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: RSPro does it again with Deck protection
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2016, 08:52:14 AM »
1st session report:  The Hexatraction worked great.   

I am going to put some more sessions on it before replacing my standing area pad with the Hexatraction.  It's only been 1 session but so far I am very happy with the looks and performance. 
Home Break: Doheny
Tic Tac v3 (Hoglet): 6' 6" x 23" x 3.6" x 67L
Omni: 6' 9" x 23" x 3.75" x 68L
Tic Tac (OG): 7' 0" x 22.75" x 3.5" x 70L
In The Pink (Incoming): 8' 0" x 22.9" x 3.25" x 70L

Blackproject Surge S77 (Soft Flex Shaft, T-Grip, +0" OH)

anonsurfer

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2016, 12:17:52 PM »
So I went ahead and completed the install (photo below).  I purchased 1 kit and ended up using 16 of the 18 full HEXs plus all 4 of the half HEXs included in the kit.  I have had a couple of sessions on it and really like it.  The biggest benefits compared to my previous pad are appearance and performance.   It looks great and the feel and response when surfing is sooo much better than with a thicker cushioned pad.  It's the best of both worlds:  the low weight, feel and response of wax with the low maintenance of a pad.   

It will be interesting to see how the Hexatraction holds up over time.  As it stands right now I definitely plan on using it on my next board.  I would recommend it to anyone that wants the benefits of wax without the mess and maintenance of wax.

Home Break: Doheny
Tic Tac v3 (Hoglet): 6' 6" x 23" x 3.6" x 67L
Omni: 6' 9" x 23" x 3.75" x 68L
Tic Tac (OG): 7' 0" x 22.75" x 3.5" x 70L
In The Pink (Incoming): 8' 0" x 22.9" x 3.25" x 70L

Blackproject Surge S77 (Soft Flex Shaft, T-Grip, +0" OH)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2016, 08:20:26 PM »
Wow, that looks great. I like how subtle and "techy" the pattern is. Looks like a surfboard from the future.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

tunalaguna

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2016, 09:22:07 PM »

I just put hexatraction on my custom 8'4 L41 Popdart. it used 1 1/2 boxes with approx 10 extra hexatraction to spare. I was very skeptical on buying this traction it sat in my shopping cart on Amazon for a few weeks before I pulled the trigger. I'm very stoked I did it give you great traction and it's not harsh on the feet at all. I would highly recommend this traction for your SUP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

NorthJerzSurfer

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2016, 07:04:54 AM »
Ditto.   

I have it on my 10'6 wood norseider from the Pad to the nose.   I had been waiting for a product like this- since all my noseriders have also served as my wife's flatwater boards and she HATED when i waxed 'the pretty wood grain' and made a mess.

im walking around up there so far with great traction during the summer micro sessions here in NJ in 1-2ft peelers.

i never thought about it as a pad replacement...I wish I had as i just used FCS dimple on my shortboard and it still was weighty.

Sup-position

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2016, 03:51:26 PM »
Ralph
Sup-position
(714) 899-3020 call, Text or Message

supthecreek

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2016, 07:08:25 AM »
I installed the Hex at the beach the other day, I was in a hurry to beat the tide, so my install was careless & sloppy.

You can't really see it unless you hold it in the light just right

Pictures I took today, showed a lot of air bubbles and a misplaced tile

I peeled up the tile and moved it to the nose with ease.... it stuck like when it was 1st applied.

Then I pierced the air bubbles with a small exacto knife and squeezed the air out..... ended up looking good.

Nice product, it leaves the beauty of the board and gives you the traction you need  :)

Night Wing

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Piney Woods of Southeast Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2016, 08:35:34 AM »
I've found it is hard to avoid air bubbles even in deck pads.
Blue Planet Duke: 10'5" x 32" x 4.5" @ 190 Liters (2 Dukes)
Sup Sports Hammer: 8'11" x 31" x 4" @ 140 Liters
SUP Sports One World: 11'1" x 30" x 4.5" @ 173 Liters
CJ Nelson Parallax: 9'3" x 23 1/2" x 3 3/16" @ 78.8 Liters (prone surfing longboard; Thunderbolt Technologies build in Red construction)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2016, 08:52:16 AM »
I don't know what that magic adhesive is, but it's one of the things that makes the RSPRO products so practical. Even if you peel it up a few times and get your greasy fingers on it you just press it down, wait a while, and it will adhere, even if it didn't at first. Weird stuff, but damn good.

I'm looking forward to using the deck traction. I need to drop by NSI and buy a few packs.

Wouldn't it be cool to order a Sunova with no deck pad and put the RSPRO on it?
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

NorthJerzSurfer

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2016, 08:10:18 AM »
the wood look of the Sunova and the RSpro Hex really is a great looking combo.

My nose looks just like Creek's- and im a fuction over form guy (I have some ugly boards) but the Sunova with Hex is beautiful.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2016, 08:23:55 AM »
Wouldn't it be cool to order a Sunova with no deck pad and put the RSPRO on it?

That would be really cool PB.  Maybe not an issue with Sunova, but for anyone contemplating swapping out an existing deck pad for full translucent, beware that the deck pad may hide some ugly flaws.  I found all kinds of neat stuff underneath when I swapped the pad on my Corban Pure.

baddog

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2016, 11:19:11 AM »
I don't know what that magic adhesive is... Even if you peel it up a few times and get your greasy fingers on it you just press it down, wait a while, and it will adhere, even if it didn't at first. Weird stuff, but damn good.

Probably the same as 3M helicopter tape.

covesurfer

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2016, 12:44:58 AM »
The adhesive is pretty remarkable. I just stripped the wax and mounted Hexatraction to my prone board. They recommend using water when you are mounting, which I did. I'm hoping to get the board into the surf ASAP to see how it works. I don't hate wax but it has it's drawbacks. Will report back after testing.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2016, 07:01:38 AM »
If nothing else, that looks amazing. I'm considering stripping most of the deckpad off my new blackfish and replacing it with the Hexatraction.  Probably just leave the existing stuff in the standing area.

Baddog, I don't think so. The times I've used Helicopter tape the adhesive is aggressive (difficult to peel up once it's placed) and won't re-stick. If you get your fingers on the tape surface it's done. Not so with RSPRO. You can peel up RSPRO and reapply it years after you've laid it down, and if you get it greasy enough not to stick, all you need to do is tape the lifted part down with masking tape and let it sit. In a short time it will be somewhat adhered, and in a week or so it will be indistinguishable from the rest of the tape.  The tape on my V1 Bullet has been on three boards and is at least three years old--maybe four (maybe more, I'm always surprised at how many years have gone by).

I kind of like wax when it's new and clean. I like the grip and I like the look. But once it's gets funky, it's ugly. It figures your wax would be pretty, Cove.  Did you plan that all out, use two types of wax, protect it from the sun, keep it out of the sand. Is that a wallhanger or is that your actual board.

My wax NEVER looks that pristine.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 07:06:09 AM by PonoBill »

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2016, 07:54:19 AM »
Gaston may deliver. Check leashes. Check strings. Re wax!

Wax 'em up baby! But no we are going to remove all of the ugly wax from my short sups and replace with RSP Hex.

I did the noses on three boards. Groveled on the Orange 🍊 Krush and the stuff works!

I think I have finally figured out resizing..

Mahalos to Jimmy the K. Blue light special aisle six..
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 07:59:14 AM by mrbig »
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal