Author Topic: Laugh at Trump all you want  (Read 243254 times)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: Laugh at Trump all you want
« Reply #825 on: October 21, 2016, 08:26:55 PM »
Of course the press isn't an entity. But really? CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS.....on and on...You have basically Fox and Talk radio on the other side then it goes 5th estate which is a free for all. The socials are even being manipulated...maybe the most dangerous part of it all. You say you want the news outlets to cover things ...I still don't get how that squares with Andrew Cuomo trying to make it sound to viewers like it's illegal to look at wikileaks unless you are media, or CNN or any of the others having almost no mention of the damning contents on the front page of their site. How about Mook feeding softball questions to Andrea Mitchell and other reporters. How about Politico...isn't that part of your favorite unbiased sources....allowing editorial rights to Podesta? Have you even read what is in the wikileaks? It seems doubtful or you wouldn't need to ask the question. I get that the papers and such even typical GOP supporters are withdrawing  from Trump, deservedly so....the guy is a dirtbag. Boston Herald ...always GOP...just announced today it isn't supporting anyone. But please don't tell me that the media in general is doing it's job in an impartial manner.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 08:31:36 PM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #826 on: October 21, 2016, 08:42:16 PM »
Was this posted?
https://youtu.be/8qIQbydyHwc
LOL....I have seen that. It does seem too bizarre to be true that he is the candidate. I always wondered (in a National Enquirer kind of way) if it was an elaborate scheme between the Clinton's and Donald that went awry. Cause disarray amongst the Republicans so they would come out with a weak candidate and campaign....then the Donald started winning and the Donald being Donald....reneged on the deal.... :o

The second video that eagle posted says it all. Unless the polling is the same as Brexit Hillary is our next president.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 08:47:16 PM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: October 22, 2016, 07:58:43 AM »
I don't think traditional media is as manipulated as social media, close, but not totally. there's still some semblance of fact checking and reporting that goes on. Or maybe it's just that traditional media isn't important anymore. But the constant manipulation of social media with obvious propaganda is troubling. It's reinforcing a polarization that was always present by now is becoming stark and dangerous.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: October 22, 2016, 10:11:28 AM »
Of course the press isn't an entity. But really? CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS.....on and on...You have basically Fox and Talk radio on the other side then it goes 5th estate which is a free for all. The socials are even being manipulated...maybe the most dangerous part of it all. You say you want the news outlets to cover things ...I still don't get how that squares with Andrew Cuomo trying to make it sound to viewers like it's illegal to look at wikileaks unless you are media, or CNN or any of the others having almost no mention of the damning contents on the front page of their site. How about Mook feeding softball questions to Andrea Mitchell and other reporters. How about Politico...isn't that part of your favorite unbiased sources....allowing editorial rights to Podesta? Have you even read what is in the wikileaks? It seems doubtful or you wouldn't need to ask the question. I get that the papers and such even typical GOP supporters are withdrawing  from Trump, deservedly so....the guy is a dirtbag. Boston Herald ...always GOP...just announced today it isn't supporting anyone. But please don't tell me that the media in general is doing it's job in an impartial manner.

So you are saying that all the media except Fox and some talk radio has meetings with DNC and Clinton where they strategize how they can manipulate the election? I mean you were claiming collusion (without showing any kind of documentation). Note that for a collusion to be there you have to show patterns, and not single dishonest journalists. 

Just note that it is not a media organization's duty to just repeat information / disinformation without adding value judgment on it. It is their duty to be honest, transparent, to add value and help people interpret. In addition to just repeating social media channel and wildly speculating (read Nancy Grace et al.), he said / she said journalism is the worst transgression and perversion of the journalist role in modern time.

I do think that Clinton gets away with some stuff, but mostly because Trump is so outrageous. If he had been prepared and on point in the debate she would have gotten reamed on the wikileaks issues, but his attention span is horrible so she easily deflected that. Look at it this way. You have two kids, one fell down and got a scratch the other poured gasoline on the neighbours dog and lit it on fire and now both your kid and your neighbours dog is on fire. What do you prioritize? In many ways, this is of Trumps own making since his strategy from day one to get free press was to be outrageous.

When you socials being manipulated what do you mean? I am not sure if you understand how the social media algorthms work so yes it is being manipulated in the sense that you will get feeds based on your preferences, history, and your friends posts, but there is not a conspiracy when it comes to specific content.

To be honest, for a long time I liked Clinton when she ran against Obama. In this election I think she has been the queen of unforced mistakes and her level of knowledge when it comes to innovation and technology is poor. I would prefer someone with her policy knowledge, but with a more innovation focused mindset. I do think it is high time the US gets a female president. I mean there is already been a retarded one in Bush (I stole that joke).

Btw I have of course read wikileaks, and I read many different sources. I personally think Trump has gotten away with absolutely atrocious behavior, because of the sheer volume of insanities. I hope this is the end of Trump and his empire. He is bad man.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #829 on: October 22, 2016, 10:40:50 AM »
Maybe the polls should not give us that much comfort, keeping in mind that Rasmussen, IBD and LA Times (closest poll to actual results in last election) all have Trump tied or ahead as of this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCs1bRRraoc

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: October 22, 2016, 10:54:27 AM »

Yeah I saw this, but they explain how it works in the interview tho. They factor in passion...which of course when you go to the poll you still only have one vote.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #831 on: October 22, 2016, 11:00:29 AM »

Yeah I saw this, but they explain how it works in the interview tho. They factor in passion...which of course when you go to the poll you still only have one vote.

That is the concern.  Passion for Trump among his core seems unwavering.  Passion for Hillary?  I think we need to hope that the block Trump sentiment wins out over Democrapathy.

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 22, 2016, 11:29:09 AM »
Maybe the polls should not give us that much comfort, keeping in mind that Rasmussen, IBD and LA Times (closest poll to actual results in last election) all have Trump tied or ahead as of this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCs1bRRraoc

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/
Yes. If your voters act like ours then there will be more people who claim that they will vote for Hillary but who actually vote for a Trump than people who claim they will vote for Trump but actually vote for Hillary. This is why the margin of error for polls is larger than statistically believed: people lie about who they are going to vote for. If one of the candidates is appealing to voters' baser instincts (eg. racism, hate, greed, fear, xenophobia, misogyny etc) then people will be more reluctant to say they will vote for them than for a candidate where the views are more moderate or charitable.

So in other words, I believe more people will actually vote for Trump than the polls will say, even on the day - even in fact, at the exit polls. People lie.

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: October 22, 2016, 12:51:42 PM »
Polls have never been able to predict turnout, they don't even try, so it will be turnout more than polls that will determine the winner.
BTW, turnout and enthusiasm seem to go hand in hand.

And agreed, exit polls are often misleading, both Kerry and Gore got suckered into thinking they won by the early exit polling.
It takes a quiver to do that.

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: October 22, 2016, 01:04:29 PM »
It all comes down to voter turnout and voter apathy vs passion.  So many despise Hillary while Trump can do no wrong.  So if Hillary voters do not vote - she will lose.  Trump rallies apparently have a lot more voters attending and enthusiatic.  And both media and government are both controlled huge propaganda machines.  Often not to your benefit.  Money power and greed.  But applies to businesses as well.  Soon enough we will all see what happens just like Brexit.  And life will carry on.

https://youtu.be/bEdf3BGLJTg
Fast is FUN!   8)
Dominator - Touring Pintail - Bullet V2 - M14 - AS23

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: October 22, 2016, 01:35:10 PM »

So you are saying that all the media except Fox and some talk radio has meetings with DNC and Clinton where they strategize how they can manipulate the election? I mean you were claiming collusion (without showing any kind of documentation). Note that for a collusion to be there you have to show patterns, and not single dishonest journalists. 

Wow, really. Now I get where your avatar name comes from--twisted logic that yields no information. Restate for you own purposes and then argue based on your own definitions, created on the fly. Do you really think that is convincing or is you aim just to irritate?

You'd have to be delusional to think traditional media retains any element of journalistic integrity and impartiality. I don't think they've been as manipulated, mostly because the access is different, but honest? Transparent? Add value? That's insane.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #836 on: October 22, 2016, 04:56:38 PM »
Yeah I've pretty much given up. Hard to argue with such "logic"... :P
Bob

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: October 22, 2016, 09:49:20 PM »

Wow, really. Now I get where your avatar name comes from--twisted logic that yields no information. Restate for you own purposes and then argue based on your own definitions, created on the fly. Do you really think that is convincing or is you aim just to irritate?

You'd have to be delusional to think traditional media retains any element of journalistic integrity and impartiality. I don't think they've been as manipulated, mostly because the access is different, but honest? Transparent? Add value? That's insane.

What now? I asked the guy a question. He said DNC collude with the media. I asked why the media were. I Mean collusion is a pretty big charge. I can't really control what you get yourself irritated over. I've never said they are good journalists, but most have integrity.

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: October 23, 2016, 01:41:04 AM »
It all comes down to voter turnout and voter apathy vs passion.  So many despise Hillary while Trump can do no wrong.  So if Hillary voters do not vote - she will lose.  Trump rallies apparently have a lot more voters attending and enthusiatic.  And both media and government are both controlled huge propaganda machines.  Often not to your benefit.  Money power and greed.  But applies to businesses as well.  Soon enough we will all see what happens just like Brexit.  And life will carry on.
I wonder if Trump has been so extreme that Hillary will attract a "anti-Trump" vote as much as (or even more than) a "pro-Hillary" one.

This election certainly portrays a deeply divided America, and that is reflected in the comments on this forum.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal