Author Topic: Laugh at Trump all you want  (Read 243229 times)

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Laugh at Trump all you want
« Reply #810 on: October 20, 2016, 11:24:09 AM »
Did America just get punked by Donald?

http://www.npr.org/2016/10/20/498691090/did-trump-tv-launch-last-night

No that would assume he makes long term plans. Trump is not that elaborate. He is spontaneous and unplanned...otherwise he would have you know actual policy plans.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #811 on: October 20, 2016, 03:48:35 PM »
Taut...your argument is so full of bizarre inconsistencies. You're hyper critical of the GOP for not handling Donald, a candidate that nobody took seriously until too late. They simply thought the best strategy was to ignore him and he would eventually implode on his own. What nobody took into account is just how pissed off the people are. Both Sanders and Trump owe their success to the same phenomenon. If there had been even close to the same number of candidates in the Dem side Hillary would have been toast. If the DNC and the press weren't colluding to get Hillary elected she would have been out of this long ago. Critical of the GOP because they didn't see the future but being OK with the fact that the Dems KNOWINGLY IGNORED all the dirt they did know, helped bury it in fact, on Clinton is so over the top bizarre. To ignore the fact that the DNC played favorite over the candidates is disingenuous at best, this wasn't just about super-delegates and the inside mechanics.....this was rigging things for Clinton pure and simple. You're so blinded by your own bias it's really getting silly to even argue with you.

I'm angry that people don't get better informed as well but it's Oh so progressive of you to suggest that it's better to have the party elite select the candidate than to work on getting the people informed. How strange you complain about the uninformed electorate and juvenile behavior but you're fine with the media not informing people and favoring a candidate because it agrees with your dogma.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 04:31:11 PM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: October 20, 2016, 04:17:32 PM »
From an outsider looking in, isn't it being forgotten that the Trump was, at least at the beginning, threatening the Republicans that he would run as an independent if they got in his way. It looked to me that the Republicans were concerned enough about this threat that they backed off and just hoped Trump would implode. When he didn’t, it was too far along for them to do anything.
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: October 20, 2016, 05:06:04 PM »
DNC and the press weren't colluding to get Hillary elected....You're so blinded by your own bias it's really getting silly to even argue with you.

Woaa there. You tinfoil didn't protect you today?
Also tea-pot-kettle-whatever-color.

I'm angry that people don't get better informed as well but it's Oh so progressive of you to suggest that it's better to have the party elite select the candidate than to work on getting the people informed. How strange you complain about the uninformed electorate and juvenile behavior but you're fine with the media not informing people and favoring a candidate because it agrees with your dogma.

I think you assume way too much here. I am highly critical of the 4th estate. I have been for years. I think it is one of the greater failures in modern society mostly because they are so very needed to keep the politicians in line and they do not provide that service.

I do not think it is okay for party elite to select, but it is a hell of a lot better than having a madman get elected...however I did write out in that stmt above I think GOP's system is better...but that I bet THEY regret not having more power. Not sure how you missed that part.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #814 on: October 20, 2016, 05:50:45 PM »
No sorry...didn't miss that part.

Tinfoil really...at least be creative with your silly insults. The fact that you think I show bias that compares even slightly to yours says more than anything else.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 21, 2016, 12:52:47 AM »

Tinfoil really...at least be creative with your silly insults. The fact that you think I show bias that compares even slightly to yours says more than anything else.

Well you know when you see a conspiracy between the DNC and "the press" (whatever that is), then the tin foil label is well earned.

So since you did not miss that I prefer the GOP model then why state: 
Quote from: stoneaxe
Oh so progressive of you to suggest that it's better to have the party elite select the candidate
I mean either the willful ignoramus label fits you or you simply do not understand what the words you are writing means. At this point, I would believe either.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #816 on: October 21, 2016, 04:10:01 AM »
Before you admonish the DNC...I think it is better to put that criticism on the low level of information that the voters has. DNC did not change a thing before the election, and complaints comes as a result of an uninformed electorate, and their juvenile disagreement with the results. I do not disagree that they should update the super delegate process, but you cannot do that after a vote simply because you do not like the results. It has to be part of a bigger restructuring. Remember that Sanders lost on all accounts, with a larger margin than Clinton lost to Obama.

The DNC purports a commitment to neutrality during the nominating process.  That is why we participate in the process.  That is why Wasserman Shultz after Wikileaks exposure was oustered.  Suggesting that voter ignorance is to blame is disingenuous.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #817 on: October 21, 2016, 06:41:05 AM »

Well you know when you see a conspiracy between the DNC and "the press" (whatever that is), then the tin foil label is well earned.

Oh so progressive of you to suggest that it's better to have the party elite select the candidate
I mean either the willful ignoramus label fits you or you simply do not understand what the words you are writing means. At this point, I would believe either.

No I just recognize bias when I see it. The fact that you think there isn't collusion between "the press" (do you really not understand what that means) is mind boggling since there is plenty of evidence.

What does the mechanism matter when the fix is in? Of course you deny that's the case, again despite all evidence to the contrary. If you want to see an ignoramus just look up as you brush your teeth in the morning. Your hypocrisy is astounding.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 06:43:26 AM by stoneaxe »
Bob

SUPflorida

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #818 on: October 21, 2016, 08:06:22 AM »

No I just recognize bias when I see it. The fact that you think there isn't collusion between "the press" (do you really not understand what that means) is mind boggling since there is plenty of evidence.

What does the mechanism matter when the fix is in? Of course you deny that's the case, again despite all evidence to the contrary. If you want to see an ignoramus just look up as you brush your teeth in the morning. Your hypocrisy is astounding.

Spot on Bob!!!!!

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #819 on: October 21, 2016, 08:33:49 AM »
I simply can't understand how a mind can work that way. Claiming to be critical of the 4th estate but ignoring the evidence of all the collaboration between reporters and the DNC and Hillary's campaign. It's obvious Taut isn't stupid, at least at 1st glance, then he questions what "the press" means while using the term the 4th estate...which was coined to describe..."the press"...but I'm an ignoramus that doesn't understand the words he writes....you just can't make this shit up.... ::)
Bob

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 21, 2016, 11:16:18 AM »
Donald Trump gave a convincing argument about press bias at a recent event.  He pointed out how when Michelle Obama gave a speech a while ago, the press went wild about how great it was, and are still raving.  But when Melania Trump gave EXACTLY THE SAME SPEECH, the press got all over her case.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3621255/donald-trump-melania-might-be-mad-after-joke-about-michelle-obama-speech-video/

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: October 21, 2016, 02:26:21 PM »
I simply can't understand how a mind can work that way. Claiming to be critical of the 4th estate but ignoring the evidence of all the collaboration between reporters and the DNC and Hillary's campaign. It's obvious Taut isn't stupid, at least at 1st glance, then he questions what "the press" means while using the term the 4th estate...which was coined to describe..."the press"...but I'm an ignoramus that doesn't understand the words he writes....you just can't make this shit up.... ::)

How do you imagine this collusion happens?

The press isn't an entity. There are hundreds of different outlets, and if one member of the press had discovered that a major party colluded I think that in itself would be a huge story for them. Obviously you have seen that by a mile most newspapers...even newspapers that has never before endorsed a candidate, and newspapers that through a 100 years has endorsed the GOP candidate think Trump is so unqualified that they support Clinton, but that doesn't mean there is a gigant ploy to get her elected. But hey if you have some evidence showing this big conspiracy between Clinton and all of the press, I am more than willing to read..

Admin: I do think the smackdown Wasserman got was good, and obviously what she did was not acceptable behavior. I take issue with Clinton campaign hiring her after as it shows a culture that I deeply dislike. It is problematic when parties does that, but what I was trying to say above, is that it is moving in the right direction. The uninformed electorate is about people complaingin about super delegates since they have been there before the process even started. In addition when pressed many of the Sanders supporters really though he won, which of course he didn't. Even if you took out the super delegates he wasn't even close. Another interesting fact is that if the DNC primary had been done under GOP rules, Clintons win would have been insanely big...with over 1000 of the electoral votes, but at the end of the day Clinton won the primaries with a larger margin than Obama and Trump. 

starman

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: October 21, 2016, 02:45:09 PM »
A brief return to the past and dirty politics.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2004/11/mccain200411

Don't forget the swift boat smear against Kerry.

But it's all a grand conspiracy to take down ________.  (Just fill in the blank with your candidate)

This shit has been part of politics since voting was invented. Why pretend this election cycle is any different.

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: October 21, 2016, 04:42:33 PM »
This was a nice diversion at this charity event according to many.   ;D

"Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump may have been the guests of honor at the Al E. Smith foundation dinner, but it was a Fox News anchor who stole the show."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3861172/Maria-Bartiromo-s-dress-steals-Al-Smith-dinner.html#ixzz4NlY55qve
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

https://youtu.be/eKcn249-6Xk

https://youtu.be/2NSpSXHuy8I
Fast is FUN!   8)
Dominator - Touring Pintail - Bullet V2 - M14 - AS23

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: October 21, 2016, 06:44:42 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal