Author Topic: Laugh at Trump all you want  (Read 243239 times)

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Laugh at Trump all you want
« Reply #555 on: September 29, 2016, 04:00:02 AM »
Yugi, it's true, cyber was once an adjective, but now it's a noun...

^^ Wikipedia and Merriam-Webster can't keep up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyber

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cyber

At least Urban Dictionary has a handle on it. And they may have got it right!
     http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cyber

We have entered a time warp.

Unless it's the comics supervillain he's speaking about.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 04:04:26 AM by yugi »

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: September 29, 2016, 04:07:44 AM »
Thanks for the "google" Yugi!  See, a former proper-noun that's now a verb...

Chilly

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #557 on: September 29, 2016, 05:05:34 AM »
"the cyber"

Seriously?

bwahahahahaha... The more I watch it the worse it gets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYJ_H2c5IWc

What strikes me in that response is how his brain short-circuits and gets off the subject than back on. He does this a lot. He hides it by repeating his words. His campaign attacks Hillary’s physical health, but as President mental health is what I’m concerned with. I hope I’m wrong and it’s just stress, but either way it’s not good if you become President.

NSP 2016 12'6 Surf Race Pro

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 29, 2016, 07:50:00 AM »
Chilly, yes he does short circuit, but so do a lot of people who do not do a lot of public speaking.  Career politicians spend a professional-lifetime honing their public speaking and debating skills.  This guy's only experience has been largely scripted for him.

The short circuit trait, which is really just one example of his unpolished approach, could actually have a very humanizing effect and may be endearing for some. 

all~wet

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 29, 2016, 11:29:17 AM »
Literally the first time anyone has ever used the term "endearing" in the same sentence as Trump.  Trump has little experience with public speaking?...? He has quite a bit..... but probably the thing most alien to him is being held even slightly accountable for the veracity of his words. Even more so- the concept of giving audience or even a split second for someone else to express an opposing view. Heck... even in his "debates" something literally or maybe I should say theoretically structured for this to occur, he's done his solid best to prevent that from happening.

****This comment is addressing the subject of Trump and not to be taken as an endorsement of Clinton.

SUPflorida

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #560 on: September 29, 2016, 11:38:11 AM »
Bean...I saw that too. But it also appeared to me tha Hillary spent a lot more time looking down at her notes where Trump seemed like you was hearing what he thought rather than what someone else was feeding him.

Trump is far from perfect but when he talks I get the impression that I'm hearing what he believes...where as when listening to the vast majority of politician I feel I'm being told what the morning polls said I wanted to hear. They have no thoughts of there own...Trump doesn't come accross that way to me.

Chilly

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #561 on: September 29, 2016, 12:12:05 PM »
Trump is far from perfect but when he talks I get the impression that I'm hearing what he believes....

I get the same impression, that’s what scares me.
NSP 2016 12'6 Surf Race Pro

SeldomScene

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 29, 2016, 12:22:43 PM »
There is a reason she is so scripted.  Her entire adult life, since Bill was sworn in, has been dedicated to becoming the first female president.  That's why she didn't leave Bill when he was having all that extramarital sex, and lying about it to her and the American public.  He was her ticket to her own political advancement so she had to defend and preserve him, (and herself).  Every move she has made has been a carefully scripted, carefully lawyered, progression towards being president.  When the new guy Barry Obama kicked her ass, she again adapted and morphed.  No press conferences means no off the cuff mistakes.  Home brew server, not applicable to federal freedom of information requirements, unless you get caught.  Even then, it's all got to be pieced together and recovered from other email accounts and destroyed devices.  Its all designed to shield her from the scrutiny that destroyed her in 2008.  An army of lawyers, to help her slink along the edge of legality.  Indictable, but not convict-able for any number of misdeeds.  Every word calculated.  Trump?  Says what he feels, be it good or bad. 

Subber

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 29, 2016, 12:30:25 PM »
There is a reason she is so scripted.  Her entire adult life, since Bill was sworn in, has been dedicated to becoming the first female president.  That's why she didn't leave Bill when he was having all that extramarital sex, and lying about it to her and the American public.  He was her ticket to her own political advancement so she had to defend and preserve him, (and herself).  Every move she has made has been a carefully scripted, carefully lawyered, progression towards being president.  When the new guy Barry Obama kicked her ass, she again adapted and morphed.  No press conferences means no off the cuff mistakes.  Home brew server, not applicable to federal freedom of information requirements, unless you get caught.  Even then, it's all got to be pieced together and recovered from other email accounts and destroyed devices.  Its all designed to shield her from the scrutiny that destroyed her in 2008.  An army of lawyers, to help her slink along the edge of legality.  Indictable, but not convict-able for any number of misdeeds.  Every word calculated.  Trump?  Says what he feels, be it good or bad.

Oh no no  no....no, she is doing this just for Our good and for the good of the country.
That is why she did All those things.
 ;D
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:42:48 PM by Subber »
Jimmy Lewis Black & Blue Noserider 10'1"x31"x4.25," 164 liters, 24 lbs, 1 box
Pearson Laird Surftech Longboard 10'6"x23"x29.75"x18"x4.375," 154 liters, 24 lbs, 3 boxes
Takayama Ali'i II Surftech 11'x21.375”x28.5”x17.25”x 4.25,” 162 liters, 26 lbs, 3 boxes

surf4food

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #564 on: September 29, 2016, 05:46:25 PM »
Trump is far from perfect but when he talks I get the impression that I'm hearing what he believes....

I dunno.  I don't think Trump even knows what he believes.

yugi

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 30, 2016, 02:48:57 AM »

I dunno.  I don't think Trump even knows what he believes.

He might know, but he certainly doesn't care.

But scarier is the proportion of the US population that clearly doesn't have any regard at all for facts or truth. Very very worrying.

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 30, 2016, 03:45:46 AM »
But scarier is the proportion of the US population that clearly doesn't have any regard at all for facts or truth. Very very worrying.
I get what you are saying I think and it is. You would think in this day and age it would be easier to......separate truth from myth and facts from.....whatever but I think it is murkier than ever at least on the surface. I could go on and on and would take far too long and be useless to spew out what I am thinking but.....Editorials and opinions presented as news......doesn't matter what the headline or news is, you really have to dig to find out what is really going on. I am not so certain that we have little regard for facts or truth rather than......ingrained tendencies depending on where you are and been that way for as long as......we started spreading out 200 years ago. So many different pockets of different attitudes and cultures and each has their own.....way of life and what they believe to a point. Way different and in the end really pretty similar at the same time.........it's the best.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #567 on: September 30, 2016, 05:29:27 AM »
The debate was an exercise in losing by winning.  Same presumption, still wrong.  Same repackaged zingers, same clinical...nay..courtroom reduction of the evidence, coached hand gestures give way to a shimmy and we are back to the first corner of our circle.  Hold on now, Trump doing everything he can not to pay a dime of tax?  Who does he think he is, Apple?  Lawyer-weighting small contractors/vendors/suppliers into negotiated submission?  Profiting from the housing crash like he had Big Short premonition?  Yes, if she could only litigate these issues to us Americans...then we would see the horns protrude from the weave.

Head of the Girl Hater's club, beaner maligner, ragheadophobic prodder...prosecute precisely and polls will plummet. 

The BOD (basket o' deplorables) seems to be larger than our team of statisticians initially estimated.  Hire more statisticians.

But she intellectually dominated him, backed him up against his own magnificent wall, exposed - no - pantsed him in front of the world, the Clarence Darrow moment.  Forcing him to, seemingly without resistance, admit his atrocities.  The death blow.  And yet...

« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 07:25:15 AM by Admin »

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 30, 2016, 06:11:56 AM »
And yet...

The propaganda war continues. It's amazing how social media has bloomed into such a machine. Repeat lies fast and furiously and some people will believe some. Lather, rinse repeat and you have all the brainwashed zombies you need. It's terrible for anything remotely like democratic rule, and both sides have become addicted to it and use it without restraint.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

LaPerouseBay

• Teahupoo Status
  • downwind dilettante
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #569 on: September 30, 2016, 06:22:42 AM »
Support your local shaper

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal