Author Topic: Laugh at Trump all you want  (Read 244207 times)

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Laugh at Trump all you want
« Reply #510 on: September 27, 2016, 03:41:44 PM »
I believe you missed the point...I been a building contractor for 25 years. There is a level of project management reality that is undeniable when your building a tangable object.  It's where the rubber meets the road. It's the person who takes  the 90% design complete pipe dream and turns it into a viable structure. No hidding it, it there for all to see, the good the bad, and the ugly.

This man knows how to run a business. This country whether you admit it or not is in essence...a business. In a time when the US has such a sore need for new infastructure who do you think would get the job done? On time, under budget?

We have had far too many professional politicians running "our business" into the ground. There needs to be someone in the whitehouse that has lived in the real world, run real businesses and wants be an advocate for the American people, instead of their own agenda.

Nope, your stmt still reaches the nonsensical. Would you think anyone without any experience and knowledge about building and project management in your area could come in and do a better job than you?
If you are honest you'd be answering no. So why the hell do you think that would be different for any other job? The fact is the Trump has no idea about how the political system works. Infact he has time and time again shown he is absolutely incapable of understanding even the most trivial macro-economic questions.
A country isn't a business. There are significant differences and this is lost on Trump....and aparently you. His idea of renegotiating debt. My god there is just so incredibly much wrong with it.

Why on earth would being a builder be the one skill that makes you better fit for government than say someone who actually understand how things work?

Did you watch the debate yesterday? On the question about why Trump paid no tax, he said the money would have been squandered. On the question about how he liked the housing crisis where millions of people lost their life savings, their homes and their jobs he said because he was a businesss man. You must be absolutely joking if you think someone with an attitude like that woud advocate for the American people. I am trying to keep it nice here, but realities and what you are saying aren't exactly in congruence here.

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 27, 2016, 04:46:13 PM »
Being a developer builder who has a number of bankruptcies to his credit is not a great business model.  Hillary will no doubt pay back her cronies big time - but wait and see what the Donald does as Commander in Chief.  Could be scary.  And you can be sure he will pay his cronies big time as well.  Probably even more.  Crazy thing is - he has a very viable chance to win it.

"During Monday night's debate, Trump promised to release his tax returns "when she releases her 33,000 emails that have been deleted," adding that he would "go against" the advice of his lawyers "if she releases her emails."

Moderator Lester Holt then asked Trump if that meant releasing his tax returns was negotiable.

Trump responded: "It's not negotiable. No, let her release her emails. Why did she delete 33,000 emails?"

http://qz.com/792408/presidential-debate-donald-trump-bragged-about-not-paying-taxes-and-taking-advantage-of-bankruptcy-laws/

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-presidential-debate-fact-check/2016/09/clinton-right-about-trumps-bankruptcies-228727

http://thelawdictionary.org/article/how-is-donald-trump-able-to-file-for-bankruptcy-so-many-times/

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hillary-clinton-deleted-33000-emails-secretary-state/story?id=42389308
Fast is FUN!   8)
Dominator - Touring Pintail - Bullet V2 - M14 - AS23

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 27, 2016, 04:56:49 PM »

We have had far too many professional politicians running "our business" into the ground. There needs to be someone in the whitehouse that has lived in the real world, run real businesses and wants be an advocate for the American people, instead of their own agenda.

I'm answering you twice because I think what you are saying is such an insane thing.

Just to rehash that guy you are defending as a great business man that will advocate for the American people:
  • Trump said many times that the country was broke and bemoaned the state of our national debt
  • Trump claimed his company made $650 million profit last year
  • Trump bragged that he pays no personal income taxes
  • Trump defended his proposal to cut his own taxes (personal, business, and estate) even further
  • Trump said nothing about reducing taxes on the middle class (because his plan will barely do so)

This should be called what it is; a giant fuck-you to all the Americans who themselves already pay 20-25% in federal taxes (including payroll taxes). I'm not sure how you can at all rationalize Trump as an alternative.

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 27, 2016, 05:07:49 PM »
"This should be called what it is; a giant fuck-you to all the Americans who themselves already pay 20-25% in federal taxes (including payroll taxes). I'm not sure how you can at all rationalize Trump as an alternative."

As well - you are completely out there - if you think Trump does not have his own agenda and interests in mind.  And just wants to be an advocate for the American people.  A politician is a politician.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 05:22:44 PM by Eagle »
Fast is FUN!   8)

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 27, 2016, 05:34:04 PM »
We are all just bit part actors in the Donald Trump Reality TV Show: Season One, The Presidency. He's turned what should be an extremely serious and considered business (electing the most powerful person in human history) into pure media entertainment aimed at the X-Factor audience.

I'm not even sure he knows where the boundaries between reality and fantasy are any more. He's never had to graft to earn enough to put food on the table, and he has probably never broken bread with anyone who has for the last 20 years.

He is the most extraordinary media creation. To turn the matter of the presidency into the X Factor, with similar rules of engagement, and to still be so popular after spouting untruth after untruth, and with such a dodgy back history that you wouldn't trust him to valet park your car is certainly a genius of sorts. He understands that people will believe whatever they want to believe, so all you have to do is say what they want to hear, with enough confidence, and you can pretty much get away with whatever you like. Or speak lots of words without actually saying anything, and let them hear in your words what they want to hear. The more entertaining the better.

I suspect that political analysts and media students students will be studying the DT phenomenon for many years to come. "DT" - what an apt set of initials. Delirium Tremens indeed.

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 27, 2016, 05:41:34 PM »
Trump with the Apprentice TV background and his bombastic bullying ways - has propelled himself to maybe becoming President.  This is a new era of politician.  With Twitter and SM he has garnered hundreds millions of $$$ of free advertising - with hundreds of hours of media analysis.  But 50% of the American population lap it up.  And he just may be able to get in.  Crazy.  Very crazy.
Fast is FUN!   8)

ericmichaels

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 27, 2016, 05:49:50 PM »
Whats this all about ??? Now it makes sense how she was answering everything so easily !!
Shocking. She was wearing a lapel microphone like he was and everyone else on TV. Battery pack.
It was torture.

Luckily we had a power failure at around the 30 minute mark -
so left to go to the ocean front to cool off (big heatwave yesterday in Santa Cruz).

I seemed to me Hillary was much better prepared.
Still, well, I think the 30 minutes I saw was a tortuous draw.

But, in a way, I felt Trump kind of lost (or squandered opportunity) as he fell considerably short of
how he could have done - he had so much more to work with than she did but he failed
to expose much in a coherent sound bite manner.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 27, 2016, 05:54:06 PM »
This comment was completely hilarious - but so very sad as well - coming from a possible Commander in Chief of the USA -

"So we have to get very, very tough on cyber and cyber warfare. It is — it is a huge problem. I have a son. He's 10 years old. He has computers. He is so good with these computers, it's unbelievable. The security aspect of cyber is very, very tough. And maybe it's hardly doable."   :o

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/27/the-answer-that-best-exemplifies-how-badly-donald-trump-was-out-of-his-depth-in-the-debate/
Fast is FUN!   8)

SeldomScene

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 27, 2016, 06:28:16 PM »
Regarding Trimp's tax situation.  If anyone on here pays more taxes than they are legally obligated to, speak up.  The whole goal of tax attorneys and tax accountants is to minimize their clients taxes.  Not evade taxes, but only pay what you have to. 

tautologies

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 27, 2016, 06:46:00 PM »
Regarding Trimp's tax situation.  If anyone on here pays more taxes than they are legally obligated to, speak up.  The whole goal of tax attorneys and tax accountants is to minimize their clients taxes.  Not evade taxes, but only pay what you have to.

Oh piss off with that will you. How on earth do you find it in you to defend this??

At the same time, everyone who makes a few billion dollars speak up if you spend your non-profit foundation money on personal items and paintings of yourself? I mean just speak up if your moral compass allows you to screw over thousands of contractors and small business owners. I mean just speak up.  ::) ::)

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 27, 2016, 07:04:05 PM »
Trump has a very specific electorate he appeals to.  And those defend his actions at all costs.  It is quite amazing really how his zealots agree with and follow blindly along.

At least with Hillary zealots - they know and accept what she has done.  They do not defend her actions.  Trump zealots are an interesting faction.  He can do no wrong.  And has done no wrong.

The choices are not good - but one is worse than the other.
Fast is FUN!   8)

starman

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 27, 2016, 07:05:05 PM »
Trump not paying taxes brings up an interesting paradox when it comes to his supporters. If the rich don't pay taxes because they can afford accountants and lawyers to work the tax code, then who gets to carry the load of paying taxes to pay the bills? Well it's the same people who are protesting the establishment and voting for the outsider Trump. He's screwing them but they love him anyway. Hell he even bragged about it during the debate. Maybe its a case of Stockholm syndrome.

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 27, 2016, 07:35:56 PM »

O.K., I’ll bite and I’ll take your comment at face value.

The real issue then, is does Trump see people like himself not paying taxes as a problem? If you listen to Bill Gates or Warren Buffet they support the rich paying more tax. Trump however proposes to cut taxes to the rich. Don’t know how you can pay less than zero but I’m sure he’ll try and find a way.
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #523 on: September 27, 2016, 08:13:42 PM »
The country has gone insane. There's a level of intellectual laziness that feels overwhelming. The media--including social media--is mostly a tool for propaganda. Facebook is flooded with obvious manipulation, funded by whom? All kinds of memes that at first seem like ordinary distractions that turn out to be more about political polarization. flag burning, not standing for the anthem. all this bullshit that serves to fracture any unity of belief and divide people into narrow and vicious ideological camps.

It's getting weird.

Its them pesky Ruskies
SEA BIRDS THEY DO TOUCH AND GO AS THE WORLD JUST TANGOES BY.... SO I SADDLE UP MY SEAHORSE WITH MY FLYROD IN MY HAND.... 10'3 King custom  10'6"  c4 da beachboy

southwesterly

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 27, 2016, 08:26:17 PM »
I honestly believe Trump studies Mussolini’s hand movements and gestures.

* Recent Posts

post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Night Wing
Today at 06:29:07 AM
post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard