Author Topic: Laugh at Trump all you want  (Read 243238 times)

Off-Shore

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • HksupaHK SUP and Downwinding
Re: Laugh at Trump all you want
« Reply #480 on: September 25, 2016, 05:59:31 PM »
SB 9' x 33' x 4.1" - RPC 9'8" iSUP - SB All-Star 12'6" - Blue Planet Bump Rider 14 - SB Ace 14 x 27 - RedAir 14' Elite Race - SIC Bullet 14v1 TWC - SICMaui F16v3 Custom

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/HksupaHk_SUP_and_Downwinding

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 25, 2016, 11:25:52 PM »

You couldn't pay me to watch. They don't deserve my time, energy or vote.

+1

Same here.

I'm not going to waste my time watching a pair of nitwits make asses of themselves competing over who is the most unfit for office. It will obviously end a tie.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 11:58:52 PM by Badger »
Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 26, 2016, 08:09:18 PM »
I wish I could unwatch the damned thing...It was like watching SNL in the 80's, only I wasn't laughing my ass off...

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #483 on: September 26, 2016, 08:30:55 PM »
yeah it s a h--- of  choice on  one had you have the wife of a sexual predator  with links to unsolved or mysterious murders  ( look up clinton murders)   body count etc.  even if only 5% is true  it is shocking  ( my sister who is an attorney ) worked with another attorney   who was very involved in the clintons governorship in Arkansas and says the highway patrol used to procure  women for ol  Bill. 

Then there is trump. and his BS

yeah this country has some political issues
SEA BIRDS THEY DO TOUCH AND GO AS THE WORLD JUST TANGOES BY.... SO I SADDLE UP MY SEAHORSE WITH MY FLYROD IN MY HAND.... 10'3 King custom  10'6"  c4 da beachboy

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 26, 2016, 09:54:01 PM »
It's ironic that most commentators say that Trump narrowly lost this debate, but the market reaction to it was that confidence improved. Since when do markets like it when someone who claims to be a successful business figure looks further away from the White House, rather than more likely to be president? Just another one of the many upside-down things about this presidential race.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 26, 2016, 10:21:36 PM »
The country has gone insane. There's a level of intellectual laziness that feels overwhelming. The media--including social media--is mostly a tool for propaganda. Facebook is flooded with obvious manipulation, funded by whom? All kinds of memes that at first seem like ordinary distractions that turn out to be more about political polarization. flag burning, not standing for the anthem. all this bullshit that serves to fracture any unity of belief and divide people into narrow and vicious ideological camps.

It's getting weird.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 26, 2016, 10:41:14 PM »
It's ironic that most commentators say that Trump narrowly lost this debate,

I could only watch the start of the debate. So I saw probably the first 15 minutes. But what I’m seeing now seems to be indicating that Trump lost by a wide margin??? I know there is going to be spin all over this thing, but it looked to me like even Republican strategists were saying Trump did not do well. I certainly didn’t do any in depth study, but from the little bit of searching I did it looked like the feeling was that Trump did very poorly. I guess we will only know once people start getting polled and we get the reaction from the American public. I would be particularly interested in knowing the feeling of those who have not yet made their mind up as to who they are going to support. It is after all those undecided voters who will likely be the difference makers.
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

cantSUPenough

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #487 on: September 26, 2016, 10:57:21 PM »
yeah it s a h--- of  choice on  one had you have the wife of a sexual predator  with links to unsolved or mysterious murders  ( look up clinton murders)   body count etc.  even if only 5% is true  it is shocking  ( my sister who is an attorney ) worked with another attorney   who was very involved in the clintons governorship in Arkansas and says the highway patrol used to procure  women for ol  Bill. 

(Where angels fear to tread...)

Is this what people don't like about Hilary? I am from Australia (but lived in the US for 6 years and visit 4-5 times a year) and have always wondered why people dislike her so much (other than the fact that she is not Republican for those who lean right).
Sunova Flow 8'7" & Speed 8'8" + 8'10"
Deep Minion 7'10"
Naish 8'8" Hokua X32 and 14' Jav
And others...

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 26, 2016, 11:12:52 PM »

I could only watch the start of the debate. So I saw probably the first 15 minutes. But what I’m seeing now seems to be indicating that Trump lost by a wide margin??? I know there is going to be spin all over this thing, but it looked to me like even Republican strategists were saying Trump did not do well. I certainly didn’t do any in depth study, but from the little bit of searching I did it looked like the feeling was that Trump did very poorly. I guess we will only know once people start getting polled and we get the reaction from the American public. I would be particularly interested in knowing the feeling of those who have not yet made their mind up as to who they are going to support. It is after all those undecided voters who will likely be the difference makers.
Well I live in the UK, so I had to stay up half the night to watch it. My own view is that Trump came across like...Trump. And Clinton seemed more sympathetic that she sometimes does. So in my mind, Clinton won by a large margin. However, the media over here is falling over itself to try to be even-handed and unbiased, so might be underestimating the judgements of the public. But we've got a lot of weirdness going on in our own politics right now, so I think the media are not feeling very confident about making claims about public opinion right now, let alone that in other countries. So it might be that as well. It seems to me that half the world has gone a bit nuts right now, not just the US (and UK).

Chilly

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #489 on: September 27, 2016, 04:07:46 AM »
The country has gone insane. There's a level of intellectual laziness that feels overwhelming. The media--including social media--is mostly a tool for propaganda. Facebook is flooded with obvious manipulation, funded by whom? All kinds of memes that at first seem like ordinary distractions that turn out to be more about political polarization. flag burning, not standing for the anthem. all this bullshit that serves to fracture any unity of belief and divide people into narrow and vicious ideological camps.

It's getting weird.

I agree, this fanatical following of Trump is so weird. I’m puzzled that people are playing into this divide and conquer strategy.
NSP 2016 12'6 Surf Race Pro

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 27, 2016, 07:08:42 AM »

Well I live in the UK, so I had to stay up half the night to watch it. My own view is that Trump came across like...Trump. And Clinton seemed more sympathetic that she sometimes does. So in my mind, Clinton won by a large margin. However, the media over here is falling over itself to try to be even-handed and unbiased, so might be underestimating the judgements of the public. But we've got a lot of weirdness going on in our own politics right now, so I think the media are not feeling very confident about making claims about public opinion right now, let alone that in other countries. So it might be that as well. It seems to me that half the world has gone a bit nuts right now, not just the US (and UK).

Agreed, Area 10. There are a lot of crazy things happening in our world. And although we also have our fair share of problems, I do feel pretty fortunate to live in Canada right now.

As for the debate, as I said I could only watch about the first 15 minutes. I thought Trump was actually doing O.K. except for one major instance. I don’t remember all the details, but Hillary was making a point about how in 2008 the economy went into the tank, thousands of people were facing layoff, the tremendous stress it was putting on families, etc., and Trump chimed in and said “That’s called business”. I just couldn’t believe he would come out and say something like that. I was also surprised that Hillary didn’t come back at him for his comment, but I suppose she was trying to look “Presidential”.

When I looked at the reporting after the debate was over, they seemed to be saying that Trump did in fact do O.K. for the first part of the debate, but fell apart after that and Hillary was the clear winner. But again, it won’t be the commentators who determine who the winner is, it will be the American public. And so far at least, most of the commentators have failed miserably in most of their predictions concerning Donald Trump.
Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

SUPflorida

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #491 on: September 27, 2016, 08:29:16 AM »

It's getting weird.

I agree, this fanatical following of Trump is so weird. I’m puzzled that people are playing into this divide and conquer strategy.

Funny how we read the same post or hear the same speech and come away with opposite impressions.

A very high percentage (if not all at this point) of what Trump says is misrepresented, taken out of context, and tortured into something not even close to what was communicated. Anything Hillary says or does, no matter how undeniably egregious gets a pass.

So strange to sit an listen intently to Trump's closing speech at the RNC and then have someone with the opposite agenda recap it. I find myself asking "I wonder what he/she watched/heard because it difinetly wasn't what saw/heard."

It is unfortunate so many won't hear the man out. The number of people proudly proclaiming what amounts to "don't confuse me with the facts I'v already had my mind made up for me by the media" is alarming.

Do you realize that 90% of the media is is controlled by 6 corporations? In 1983 it was owned by 50 corporations...now it's down to 6. To the tune of nearly 276 billion dollars a year. Those that control the media control the message.

It is estimated 232 Media executives control the information of 277 million Americans. One media executive for every 850,000 Tv Subscribers. If big media is against Trump and for Hillary, what does that tell you?

Just think....the tipping point of this presidential election may be determined by a generation of pseudo-adults who's pearls of wisdom are gleamed from reality tv shows, adult targeted cartoons and video games.

Like crabs in a pot of room temperature water with the burner turned on slow boil....our freedom are being relinquished a piece at a time without so much as a whimper.

Wouldn't it be great to have a president that was actually proud of our country again? a problem solver not a problem maker?

Tom

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 27, 2016, 09:42:23 AM »
Wouldn't it be great to have a president that was actually proud of our country again? a problem solver not a problem maker?

When a candidate's slogan is "Make America great AGAIN' it implies that America is currently not great. I don't see much pride in America with slogan like that. I also have never heard one rational solution to any of the hundreds of problems Trump talks about. Saying, trust me, I can fix it is not explaining how he will fix a problem.

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 27, 2016, 09:54:19 AM »

It's getting weird.

Funny how we read the same post or hear the same speech and come away with opposite impressions.

A very high percentage (if not all at this point) of what Trump says is misrepresented, taken out of context, and tortured into something not even close to what was communicated. Anything Hillary says or does, no matter how undeniably egregious gets a pass.

So strange to sit an listen intently to Trump's closing speech at the RNC and then have someone with the opposite agenda recap it. I find myself asking "I wonder what he/she watched/heard because it difinetly wasn't what saw/heard."

It is unfortunate so many won't hear the man out. The number of people proudly proclaiming what amounts to "don't confuse me with the facts I'v already had my mind made up for me by the media" is alarming.

Do you realize that 90% of the media is is controlled by 6 corporations? In 1983 it was owned by 50 corporations...now it's down to 6. To the tune of nearly 276 billion dollars a year. Those that control the media control the message.

It is estimated 232 Media executives control the information of 277 million Americans. One media executive for every 850,000 Tv Subscribers. If big media is against Trump and for Hillary, what does that tell you?

Just think....the tipping point of this presidential election may be determined by a generation of pseudo-adults who's pearls of wisdom are gleamed from reality tv shows, adult targeted cartoons and video games.

Like crabs in a pot of room temperature water with the burner turned on slow boil....our freedom are being relinquished a piece at a time without so much as a whimper.

Interesting. Would you mind adding some specifics to this?

"A very high percentage (if not all at this point) of what Trump says is misrepresented, taken out of context, and tortured into something not even close to what was communicated. Anything Hillary says or does, no matter how undeniably egregious gets a pass."

Such as?

"It is unfortunate so many won't hear the man out. The number of people proudly proclaiming what amounts to "don't confuse me with the facts I'v already had my mind made up for me by the media" is alarming."

Where are you getting your data for this? How many people are proclaiming this, and how do you know?

"Do you realize that 90% of the media is is controlled by 6 corporations? In 1983 it was owned by 50 corporations...now it's down to 6. To the tune of nearly 276 billion dollars a year. Those that control the media control the message.

It is estimated 232 Media executives control the information of 277 million Americans. One media executive for every 850,000 Tv Subscribers. If big media is against Trump and for Hillary, what does that tell you?"

In what way is Trump the solution to a monopolistic media?

"Just think....the tipping point of this presidential election may be determined by a generation of pseudo-adults who's pearls of wisdom are gleamed from reality tv shows, adult targeted cartoons and video games."

Are you referring in general to young people, in a stereotypical and disparaging way? Are you sure you aren't being ageist?

"Like crabs in a pot of room temperature water with the burner turned on slow boil....our freedom are being relinquished a piece at a time without so much as a whimper."

In what way is your freedom being relinquished? Which freedoms, exactly? And in what way is Trump the solution?

Are you sure you aren't just falling for the "outsider" narrative that Trump is selling? After all, he's a much slicker user of media than HC.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #494 on: September 27, 2016, 10:18:56 AM »
Kind of happy I fell asleep before it came on
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal