Author Topic: Laugh at Trump all you want  (Read 243287 times)

Weasels wake

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Laugh at Trump all you want
« Reply #285 on: April 20, 2016, 10:34:36 AM »
When helping out with some remodels down in San Diego in the mid 80's, there was only one place where my brother and I would go for interior or exterior tile and patio pavers, Tijuana Mex.  I hear that some contractors still do that, along with other building materials like ornamental wrought iron.

BTW, a pet peeve, it's Ti-Juana, 3 syllables only, not Tia-Juana 4 syllables, been driving me nuts my whole life, and I'm not even Mexican.

Back to Trump, the border has to be secured, I don't care how it's done, but it has to be done.
It takes a quiver to do that.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 20, 2016, 10:43:32 AM »
Not to mention you guys have a leader that can give an intelligent answer to a question about quantum physics.... 8)

Actually that answer was not that great, and it was about quantum computing, not physics. It's significant that quantum computing is multistate, but that isn't why it's important.

With all the crap going on in the world, that last place I'd have any complaint about is Canada. A great place, fine people, and might get a lot more population real soon now.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 20, 2016, 11:01:43 AM »
hmmmm

trump or hillary elected, pono house sells===> off to canada--it'd certainly be an interesting next chapter
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #288 on: April 20, 2016, 10:31:27 PM »
That's what I get for just reading a headline.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

SeldomScene

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 21, 2016, 04:43:04 PM »
Sorry not to reply I had to drive to the next city south to get some tires, the local Costco was booked within 10 minutes of opening by Canadian buyers.  They cut off sales for the day.  By the way, I can't stand Trump.  No where in here did I ever say I liked him.  Didn't Junior Trudeau just pull out of the anti ISIS coalition.  Like within 5 minutes of being sworn in?  That'll show those terrorists they're not afraid.

Quickbeam

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 21, 2016, 05:18:20 PM »
It’s getting tiring Seldom, real tiring. But the same as I have the right to post my views, including any views I might have on U.S. politics, I suppose you have the right to post whatever views you have.

But now, for everyone else, I thought I might inject a little humour into this. I belong to a group that sends jokes back and forth, and this is the one I just received:

Just Think - If Trump wins the election it'll be the first time in American history that a white billionaire moved into public housing vacated by a black family...

Infinity Blackfish 12’ 6” x 23”
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 24”
Infinity Whiplash 12' 6" x 24 1/2"
ONE SUP Evo 12’ 6” x 26”
Bark Competitor 12’ 6” x 29”
Red Paddle Explorer (Inflatable) 13' 2" x 30
Starboard Airline (Inflatable) 12’ 6” x 27

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 21, 2016, 05:56:12 PM »
Sorry not to reply I had to drive to the next city south to get some tires, the local Costco was booked within 10 minutes of opening by Canadian buyers.  They cut off sales for the day. 
This must be a reply to my question about what's wrong with Canadians crossing the border to shop.  I can totally relate--crowds of them flooding into town from the north, half of them wearing their weird blue-and-green numbered jerseys, jamming up the parking lot and checkout lines, buying out the groceries, then heading back to Vancouver or further north--all to save a buck and avoid taxes.  We don't call them Canadians here, though.  We call them Washingtonians.  They're like Junior Oregonians.   ;D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 06:00:04 PM by pdxmike »

SeldomScene

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 21, 2016, 07:40:52 PM »
So you know exactly what I mean. 

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 22, 2016, 07:50:01 AM »
Nope, seldom scene, Trudeau differed with the work of the part of the coalition that was doing bombing, so he pulled out of that group, and tripled the troops canada has put on the ground over there, in favor of training the Iraqi troops to fight ISIS.

In fact it has been said that Trudeau is taking more risk than many coalition countries engaged in bombing--his troops are on the ground, at risk, not up in an airplane pushing buttons and risking collateral damage to civilians. So, yeah, seems the Canadians are showing all they are less afriad, and are willing to commit ground troops to serious risk, as they seek to do the right thing. Call his approach what you will, but Trudeau never "pulled out" of any anti ISIS coalition.

And funny you whine about the significant injection from Canada into your local economy. Betcha the local business owners and their employees arent so upset as you. Maybe you don't work, so youre out of touch with things like drawing people into your local economy to spend money?

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 22, 2016, 08:40:12 AM »
"Americans looking to take advantage of the favourable exchange rate have been heading north......"

Seems like junior Canadian seems more appropriate.  And tons of Americans flocking and spending greenbacks in Vancouver on their way up to Whistler as well.  They clog up traffic all the time - but we Canadians up here understand.  We like visiting Americans as they help support our local economy.  Not to mention we have many American friends and relatives.  SS - you must not be a business person.

http://business.financialpost.com/news/retail-marketing/cross-border-shopping-reversed-this-black-friday-canadian-outlet-malls-set-to-be-packed-with-americans
Fast is FUN!   8)
Dominator - Touring Pintail - Bullet V2 - M14 - AS23

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 22, 2016, 01:50:28 PM »
We in Canada will be very interested in what plays out down South in the upcoming months.  And if things get a bit crazy - we expect the border to be pretty busy with friendly Americans.  Some view Vancouver as a nice quiet place to retire to.  We actually have a number of neighbors who are American citizens.  Work in the States for money - then play golf and relax in Canada when they are done.  We like them - they are quite nice friendly people.  Relatives always view Canada as safe haven Plan B.   ;)

http://youtu.be/ipeD3Tket48
Fast is FUN!   8)
Dominator - Touring Pintail - Bullet V2 - M14 - AS23

headmount

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #296 on: April 28, 2016, 08:42:33 PM »
Has it crossed anyone else's mind that the Trump campaign had taken the "wall" concept from Game of Thrones and made it their own.  It's a pre packaged message that is so easy to make a stand on.  Preventing night walkers from south of the border from invading our land, makes all the other petty squabbles between the kingdoms look insignificant compared to keeping out the zombies. 

But it isn't the big deal.  It's a knee jerk.  The big deal is corruption in government and elections.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 29, 2016, 05:55:03 AM »
here are the goods on manafort, who trump brought in to run campaign, as he deemphasized lewandowski--the guy is a complete pos, regardless of which side of the aisle you live on:
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/04/paul_manafort_isn_t_a_gop_retread_he_s_made_a_career_of_reinventing_tyrants.html
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #298 on: April 29, 2016, 07:18:23 AM »
here are the goods on manafort, who trump brought in to run campaign, as he deemphasized lewandowski--the guy is a complete pos, regardless of which side of the aisle you live on:
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2016/04/paul_manafort_isn_t_a_gop_retread_he_s_made_a_career_of_reinventing_tyrants.html

Hillary doesn't outsource that kind of shit....she takes care of it herself.

On another note....I find Ted Cruz and his batshit crazy christian fundamentalist dad far more scary than anyone else. If he got the GOP nod I'd actually vote for Hillary.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 29, 2016, 07:24:26 AM »
and now we have Carly "think baby parts, not that I destroyed HP" Fiorina!
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal