Author Topic: Sunova Construction and supthecreek info  (Read 6078 times)

supthecreek

Sunova Construction and supthecreek info
« on: February 11, 2016, 08:48:36 PM »
Basic info for all Sunova's in XXX TEC construction:

The construction is the Sunova XXX TEC Balsa wrap. Super strong and very light.
Sunova's XXX TEC is constructed with tiny "I-beams" throughout the deck which provide strength and stiffness.
The bottom is soft and supple, with a built in "give" to it, which makes all Sunova's buttery smooth on even the choppiest day....
It is noticeably smoother than and other construction I have ridden.
The strength and weight of carbon, without the high price.
The rails are wrapped in carbon for impact protection.
The XXX TEC has no paint, except a little strip of hand painted silver brushed over the carbon rail.
The FCS fin boxes are set in a large piece of high density foam, covered with bamboo and multiple layers of glass. The fin will break before the box.
There is a large, grippy deckpad and stomper, a Goretex vent for trouble free pressure control, a leash plug and a LiftSUP handle.
Each Sunova over 8' has a mini Mast Track installed, so they can be used as a windSUP.
They are very pleasing boards to look at.... and better to surf.

I have a pile of Sunova's at my disposal, and since I will be giving feedback on these boards, I will give my stats, so you have a reference to go by.
Me:
67 years old, 5'11, 225 lbs, surfing around Cape Cod and New England in waves ranging from fast beachbreak to perfect pointbreaks.
In the winter, below freezing temps require thick wetsuits and bigger boards to float me.
I have been surfing non-stop since 1964. SUP surfing since July, 2011.

When I got my 1st 8'10 Sunova Speeed, I fell in love..... simply the best SUP I have ever surfed
Sunova reached out to me, because they liked my stoke and Speeed reviews.
Tino, the Sunova Factory owner, asked if I would like to join him on an East Coast promotional run in December, 2015
I jumped at the chance!
We met a lot of Zoners along the way, surfed from Maine to Florida, and introduce the Sunova line to stoked SUPsters at Demos.
After 10 days of living up close and personal, in a Caravan with 12 boards or in cheap motels... we still like each other  ;D

I didn't need any incentive to be a Sunova fan......I did that on my own, the awesome Sunova boards are what got me....and keep me.
My new friendship with Tino and Bert is an incredible bonus. They are stoked like groms and genius board makers  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I will add info of the ECO TEC line soon.

Sunova_Tino

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sunova Construction and supthecreek info
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 05:51:41 AM »
Hey CREEEK. That was such an amazing trip. This its great that the next road trip is planned around the 20tn of March. We shall promote that a bit earlier so we don't miss so many cool guys and girls. We are gonna have a full car of boards and it's gonna be a blast!!! Can't wait. Miss you ;-) 8)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 06:30:29 AM »
I told creek a long time ago he should be  a rep or at least an ambassador for somebody. He has the creds...he has the gift of gab (in spades... ;))....he has the time..... and he's a good guy. He wasn't interested. I understood why, same reason I dropped the idea. But then he fell in love and that changed.....happy for you my friend. If anyone deserves a bunch of great SUPs to share with friends it's you. Once I get myself back I need to come down and play with all your toys.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 02:53:58 PM »
Creek, next time your heading to little Rhodie gimme a call as I would like to take on ride on your new love...bring some boards too  (sorry someone has to crack the wise ass jokes since we don't hear much from Spookini anymore)
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
Custom Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

WhatsSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 03:30:26 PM »
Sunova Road Trip: Part Deux

Cool!  Look forward to the itinerary!
Jimmy Lewis B&B Flat nose 10'1"
Sunova Creek 9'4" 
TAVA 11'2"
NSP Element 11'
KeNalu Wiki paddle
Kialoa Insanity paddle
Misc other paddles

supthecreek

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 09:42:40 PM »
Tino, it will be great to see you again, my friend... I am excited!
ha ha ha.... a CAR full? It better be a BIG car  :)

So stoked for round 2.... March 20th is the 1st day of Spring.... good planning!

I am really looking forward to meeting more Zoners, and to see the folks we met in December again.
The great thing about the Zone....... it's like we have all been friends forever.

There were a few folks we missed last time, that I am really hoping to meet!

Plus, there will be more boards, some smaller boards and I imagine...some nice big cruisers as well?
And...... maybe some surprises?????

Alright.... I'll put my baggies on and wait for the call.

Thanks Stoney.... and yeah, I'm not a Rep..... that's too much like work....
It's more like I surf, and hang around with Tino...much better!  ;D

PDLSFR.... I'll trade loves with you... and you can try some spiffy boards too.
I may be in Rhody tomorrow..... it depends on the wind.... probably good here and there.... but they say bigger there.

Whatz^.... we won't miss you this time!

Sunova_Tino

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 08:09:45 AM »
ok. the trip is getting closer and more real. its happening for sure and it looks like after 22nd is the dates. We will get much more specific asap.
Most important i felt is to show what we are planning to demo. Here is a estimated list. If you feel like we are missing something just let us know.

Thanx,
Tino

baddog

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 08:39:15 AM »
Tino, luv to have a go on an 8 Ball :)

mdsurf

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 10:10:56 AM »
Sounds good.  How about a Style XL 10.6 for Florida.  We will wait with waves and sun for you all to arrive with the demo boards.   8)

supthecreek

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 11:21:01 AM »
Can you guys repost on the "Demo Tour" thread?
I want to make it easy to follow, so I reposted with the new thread title.

BetterIwas

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 02:12:45 PM »
STC,

You mentioned you were intending to post details of Eco Tec construction.

Have you had a chance to get the info ?

Looking at getting a 9'5" surf for the Mrs.

Thanks

supthecreek

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 03:13:40 PM »
Hi BBIw,
Thanks for reminding me.
It is bamboo wood epoxy sandwich construction with reinforced rails

I took my 9'5 ECO out this afternoon. I was showing it to someone and mentioned that there is not a single mark on it.
The there is no paint on the rails, and I'm not even going to put rail Tape on them.... they don't show any wear at all. Very tough rails.
The deck shows zero foot wells, even after 6 sessions with my 230 lbs jumping around on it.

Here is some info from the catalogue

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal