Author Topic: Jimmy Lewis Sidewinder - will it, won't it DW  (Read 31407 times)

surfssup

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Jimmy Lewis Sidewinder - will it, won't it DW
« on: February 11, 2016, 03:49:27 AM »
By looks of it and feedback during development it looks like it will cream a downwind run so am looking forward to them arriving in the UK.

27,25, 23.     One of my guys has the 23 on order and I've got the 25 so let's see who gets the longest glides.

Am pretty convinced now about the RAIL. Super quick in smaller sharper bumps.   M14 def. still cuts it when conditions get ugly and not so clean.

We've had a lot of DW runs in UK this year already.  Most have been spending time on the harbour near us, but a few of more adventurers have gone out to open water to crack out some runs and it's been worth it.

WIll get some reviews up and pics once we have got the Sidewinders in and ridden.
Jimmy Lewis UK Importer

Badger

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Seacoast NH
    • View Profile
Re: Jimmy Lewis Sidewinder - will it, won't it DW
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 04:15:49 AM »

Maybe it's called the Sidewinder because it goes good when the wind is from the side.   ;)   

Just kidding.   

http://www.jimmylewis.eu/news/report-sidewinder-race-2016/

« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 04:32:13 AM by Badger »
Kalama E3 6'1 x 23" 105L
Axis HPS 980 / PNG 1300
Sunova Flow  8'10 X 31"  119L
Me - 6'0" - 165lbs - 66yo

Muskoka SUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 05:56:17 AM »
...as usual, Jimmy's naming convention for his boards dictates that it be some sort of weapon.   ::).  As for the graphics and colour, well that too, is personal.  I'm not liking the black and the pseudo tribal artwork.  It should be red - it's soooo much faster... Or the JL orange, or even the ice blue.   Regardless, that's all superficial...the proof is in the pudding: someone needs to paddle one and report back.
It ain't over until the fat board sinks....

surfssup

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 07:06:29 AM »
I'm very much looking forward to this one as a few of us had some input into things so be good to see how that was translated.
Jimmy Lewis UK Importer

Chilly

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 07:41:13 AM »
These new wide nose boards are interesting. I’m looking forward to hear more about the Bark Vapor and this one. If you still have input on the Sidewinder, please mention that black boards don’t do well in the hot tropical clement. 
NSP 2016 12'6 Surf Race Pro

robon

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 08:00:25 AM »
By looks of it and feedback during development it looks like it will cream a downwind run so am looking forward to them arriving in the UK.

27,25, 23.     One of my guys has the 23 on order and I've got the 25 so let's see who gets the longest glides.

Am pretty convinced now about the RAIL. Super quick in smaller sharper bumps.   M14 def. still cuts it when conditions get ugly and not so clean.

We've had a lot of DW runs in UK this year already.  Most have been spending time on the harbour near us, but a few of more adventurers have gone out to open water to crack out some runs and it's been worth it.

WIll get some reviews up and pics once we have got the Sidewinders in and ridden.

Looks like the Sidewinder is coming in a 29" width too in the ocean model. Read that in a link here. All the bases are covered for all sizes of paddler. The shape looks very functional but I'm not feeling the graphics and the black colour.

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 08:18:25 AM »
Robon, I clicked on the link and got an awesome offer on (Yonex PC SC-6 Badminton Shoes-ocean blue-Model 2013) ;D

surfssup

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 08:27:01 AM »
Can get it in any colour with a pre-order.  JL boards come in a range of pantones so if you want something unique and without tattoos all over it (maybe pink) then you can request it.
Jimmy Lewis UK Importer

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 06:59:13 AM »
By looks of it and feedback during development it looks like it will cream a downwind run so am looking forward to them arriving in the UK.....

Am pretty convinced now about the RAIL. Super quick in smaller sharper bumps.   M14 def. still cuts it when conditions get ugly and not so clean.....

Agree that the M-14 cuts it when conditions get festive.  Look forward to your reviews.   :)
Fast is FUN!   8)
Dominator - Touring Pintail - Bullet V2 - M14 - AS23

robon

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile

Area 10

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2016, 10:33:35 AM »
Robon, the 14x29 at 320L would even float you :)

robon

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2016, 10:47:29 AM »
Robon, the 14x29 at 320L would even float you :)

Umm...yeah.

viatormundi

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2016, 03:09:27 PM »
Has anybody tested this board? Any comments?

coldsup

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2016, 12:33:29 PM »
Has anybody tested this board? Any comments?

Not heard any feedback that isn't from a dealer or sponsored rider.

supuk

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2016, 12:59:41 PM »
A friend has this board in 14 X 23 and came on a dw with us. The first thing I noticed was the board is incredibly flexy which I wasn't expecting, upside down on the ground you can see it flex just by using one hand and lightly pressing down  its almost like they left something out although it was very light. it was looked prity hard work by all accounts and he was on his knees at the end going into the harbour when I was still very happy on my 26 wide dw board and normal prity much ok on my 24 wide on the same run which is about 7 miles, the board is very thick which is probably not helping with stability.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 01:20:50 PM by supuk »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal