Author Topic: Unproductive day  (Read 4207 times)

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Unproductive day
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2016, 06:35:24 PM »
I forgot to say that I've been cut worse than your hand on my lip and never quit whistling.

You might notice that there's very little hair on my wrist. that's where the bandage was adhering best. Like a bikini wax job. I learned a whole bunch of new words.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 06:38:46 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

SUP Sports ®

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Stoked For Life ®
    • View Profile
    • SUP Sports ®
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2016, 07:59:12 AM »
I have really tough hands...my boom grippers were developed over the last three decades of windsurfing...plus, have never run from hard labor...;-)
Thank god that area of the hand has padding...the tendon was exposed...so, they sent me to a hand surgeon...1mm more and it would have required surgery...

I have pics of a much nastier gash to the back of my head while surfing big waves...I'll spare you...but, I did wear a brain bucket in big surf for awhile after that injury as it nearly knocked me out cold...saw stars and the whole shebang...shoulda/woulda/coulda have used an inflatable vest for sure...
Mahalos...{:~)

WARDOG ®
Owner/CEO  StandUp Paddle Sports®  &   SurfingSports®.com, Inc.

(805)962-SUPS (7877) store
(888)805-9978 toll free

Retail Store:
Standup Paddle Sports, LLC
121 Santa Barbara St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 12:29:49 PM »
Amazing what you can see when you open things up a little. I cut open the web between my thumb and forefinger trying to pry open a dimmer for Christmas lights with a meat cleaver. One of those incidents I remind myself of when I start thinking I'm a really smart cookie. The other is riding home from my vasectomy on my motorcycle. I could look down inside the web and see my bones and tendons move around. It was almost as bloodless as pulling open one of those rotisserie-roasted Costco chickens, and just as educational.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 08:03:58 PM »
I wish I hadn't seen that fin cut on the hand, (SupSports)! Looked almost as bad as that one Joel Parkinson had on his foot/heal a while back.
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal