Author Topic: Best SUP Handle that's available?  (Read 16369 times)

Fanman

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Best SUP Handle that's available?
« on: November 27, 2015, 05:08:38 AM »
Other than FCS what handle do you like that has a finger ledge, or one than you can get a good hold?
Thanks,
FM

supthecreek

Re: Best SUP Handle that's available?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 05:23:40 AM »
Check out Blue Planets unique handle.
I hear really good things about them!

http://blueplanetsurf.com/products/sup-grip

loosehead

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 06:02:13 AM »
ez plug stick on!!!!

JimK

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Big Guys can have fun too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 07:29:12 AM »
I'm wondering are you asking what Aftermarket handle works best (IMHO Sup Lifts) or What boards have the best ledged handles as std (again IMHO Fanatics)

Just my 2 cents

JimK
Extreme Windsurfing

surfcowboy

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 09:41:59 AM »
I will say that a strip of deck pad on the inner edge of any handle makes things a lot better.

linter

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 09:47:59 AM »
i've used the blue planet one before and it is the answer.  i don't understand why every manufacturer isn't using it.

tde

• Sunset Status
    • MSN Messenger - Timellispv@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 11:04:44 AM »
Not sure who makes the component but the handle on the Slingshot SUP is the most comfortable and ergonomic I've found 👍!!

supuk

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 12:15:25 PM »
you can get the handles that come on all the china boards (fanatic,naish etc) from places like alibaba for a few $ each just google sup handle personal i like the fcs for surf sups as they are not to big and not to small.

Fanman

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2015, 04:56:21 PM »
Yes, I am looking for good one's to install on custom boards!
Thanks for the info. I will check those out! That's a good Idea with the deck pad ledge.
My last boards, mistakenly the glasser put in Futures, no ledge and sharp edges etc. The FCS ones were back orderd and heard they had some leakage problems too!
FM

supdiscobay

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2015, 09:57:18 PM »
For smaller surf sup's, Jimmy Lewis has the best ledge handle.  Not sure if you can get them though. Try getting in touch with Jimmy.   For larger boards (over 10') I would go with the Blue Planet handle.
8'5" Starboard Pocket Rocket, 8'0" Kazuma Fugu custom,  8'10" Kings Sidewinder, 10' Starboard Noserider, 14' BARK Carbon Dominator, SIC F16 V3, KeNalu and Quickblade paddles, 19' Eaton Prone, 67" Goode 9700

newleafsup

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • New Leaf Paddle & Surf
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 02:11:59 PM »
i've used the blue planet one before and it is the answer.  i don't understand why every manufacturer isn't using it.

Most american made boards use the FCS handles simply because it has the intergratted gortex vent so there is no need for another process putting in one on the nose of the board. Also wholesale for the FCS handle with plug is only $16. I do love the Blue planet handle but at $20 plus another $10-$15 for another breather vent (and another manufaturing process) is not ideal when trying to keep margins low. This is a great idea as a after market because most boards are built over seas and already have the vents somewhere on the board. If Blue Planet would intergrate the vent I will switch immedieatley. I love how you can run a lock through it fot theft protection.
GET LOST LIVING!!
http://newleafsup.com//

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 02:47:37 PM »
Hi Guys,
I just saw this thread. Thanks for recommending our SUPGrip handle, we spent a lot of time and money developing the design, 3D printed samples, molding, patent application process etc.  We do offer wholesale pricing to manufacturers and retailers ordering 10 or more handles at a time and distributor pricing to manufacturers that order larger quantities.  Please PM me if you are interested in ordering more than 10 handles.
Aloha,
Rob

Robert Stehlik
Blue Planet Surf Shop, Honolulu
Hawaii's SUP HQ
http://www.blueplanetsurf.com

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 02:52:22 PM »

Most american made boards use the FCS handles simply because it has the intergratted gortex vent so there is no need for another process putting in one on the nose of the board. Also wholesale for the FCS handle with plug is only $16. I do love the Blue planet handle but at $20 plus another $10-$15 for another breather vent (and another manufaturing process) is not ideal when trying to keep margins low. This is a great idea as a after market because most boards are built over seas and already have the vents somewhere on the board. If Blue Planet would intergrate the vent I will switch immedieatley. I love how you can run a lock through it fot theft protection.

Regarding putting a vent plug into the handle, I don't think it's a good idea.  Part of the reason you want to have a self venting plug is so air can get into the board when it cools off.  When you take the board from your roof or from the beach and go into the cooler water, the board will want to pull air in as it cools off.  If the vent is covered with water as it usually is inside the handle, it can't pull air, so it will suck in water through any little crack or pinhole on your board if it not completely waterproof.
Robert Stehlik
Hawaii's SUP HQ

Fanman

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2015, 05:35:47 PM »
Thanks Robert,
I sent and got an email back from Kevin @ blue planet  8)

blueplanetsurf

• Site Sponsor
  • Teahupoo Status
  • Hawaii's SUP HQ
    • View Profile
    • Blue Planet Surf
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2015, 10:26:42 PM »
Thanks Robert,
I sent and got an email back from Kevin @ blue planet  8)
Good, you probably sent it through the contact us page on our website.  My direct email is robert@
Robert Stehlik
Hawaii's SUP HQ

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal