Author Topic: Ke Nalu Blade Suggesions  (Read 2333 times)

NorthJerzSurfer

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ke Nalu Blade Suggesions
« on: November 24, 2015, 05:11:39 PM »
guys- my Ke Nalu Wiki blade (84) just bit the dust today after a crack that held on for longer than i ever expected...

its cavatating bad now so i'm going to replace it.

Its been 2 years with this and now there are more offerings i think i need to explore.  I'd like some opinions on the replacement:

Options:
Buy the same blade 
Downsize to the 74 Wiki
Explore the Ho'oloa in 84

what Im using it for.  Surfing only.  Punchy NJ beachbreak on a small board where i generally am working high cadence and late drops due to weight and board size. (200LBS - 8'5 pocket rocket and most likely going smaller soon)

Ive loved the paddle and blade by mainly its because i have never had another 'good' paddle in my hands before it.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Ke Nalu Blade Suggesions
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 07:07:55 PM »
First of all, take a picture of it and send it to Lane, he'll probably give you a smoking deal on a replacement. He understands the value of going above and beyond for loyal customers.  Then, decide on what you want. I wouldn't be without a wiki, no matter what was available otherwise. I consider the rest of the stuff to be nice options, but wikis and malikos are baseline.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 07:10:06 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

capobeachboy

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 10:21:57 PM »
I love the Wiki 74 for racing and downwind but I love the Ho'oloa 95 in the surf.  Also consider your shaft length - for surfing, especially a shorter SUP - my paddle length is almost equal to my height. Send Lane some of your surf pics using KeNalu and he'll be stocked. 
West Coast Distributor
Dolphin Surfcraft
DEEP Ocean Boards
Ambassador/team rider/rep
KeNalu Paddles

NorthJerzSurfer

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 03:00:34 AM »
thanks for the replies guys- I  will send some pictures to lane through his website.

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 06:33:51 AM »
love my konihi 84-i keep two in the car, so youre wlecome to try one of mine next time i ride nj
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

TN_SUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 09:45:19 AM »
After paddling with the wiki for 2 years, I liked the hooloa much better IMO.
'13 SB Sprint, '15 SIC X-14 ProLite, RH Coastal Cruiser, Think EZE Ski, Kenalu Konihi 84  & Mana

NorthJerzSurfer

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 12:14:36 PM »
Sweet Eastbound.

I may try to get out to LB for a surf Fri-Sun.  Looks like Sat might be real good- if you are headed out let me know maybe ill get a real live demo!

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 05:20:20 AM »
tomorrow i will likely be where you saw me last time--dawn, or shortly thereafter. my recollection is that you were comp height to me. If i had to guess my paddles are 75 or 76". I am 6' 1.5".
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

viatormundi

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 12:19:05 PM »
I just ordered an xtuf wiki 74 and xtuf shaft for surfing. Just wonder if Ho'oloa is better option for surfing and why in that case? I have a Ho'oloa 84 also but with 100% shaft.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal