Author Topic: Sharia Law  (Read 10635 times)

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Sharia Law
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2015, 12:37:45 PM »
Our actions have displaced 7.6 Million civilians in the Middle East, Killed 210,00 civilians.  http://watson.brown.edu/costsofwar/

210,000 civilians killed is incredibly conservative because many estimates put it at 1 to 2 MILLION. And that doesn't include the hundreds of thousands that have been physically injured and mentally/emotionally scarred for life. It also doesn't include the spike in birth defects and cancer in Iraq from the depleted uranium shells that were left behind. https://www.google.com/search?sclient=psy-ab&site=webhp&source=hp&btnG=Search&q=cancer+and+depleted+uranium+shells+in+fallujah&oq=&gs_l=&pbx=1

I'm always amazed at the lack of empathy that most seem to have towards the deaths and injuries in the middle east thanks to western interventionism. This is a very sad fucked up situation that continues today. Flip it around and can you imagine the justifiable outrage those same people would feel if there was a terrorist attack here that killed 200,000+ people and continued for decades?!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 12:40:12 PM by magentawave »
Pluto Platter: 7-10 x 29.25 x 4.25 x 114.5 liters

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 01:47:20 PM »
Pono:

Are you advocating a US-led ful scale military intervention in Syria as a means of defeating ISIS? If so, why do you think it would be any more successful than our full-scale invasion of Iraq?

Wow, where did that come from. If I were king I'd get us the hell out of that mess as fast as possible and stand on the sideline while the rest of the world bangs their heads against that wall.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2015, 03:43:06 PM »
If I were king I'd get us the hell out of that mess as fast as possible and stand on the sideline while the rest of the world bangs their heads against that wall.

Then you have my vote.  How do we get you elected king?

othpaddler

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2015, 04:48:48 PM »
Sorry if I misunderstood where you were coming from Pono.  It is just that there are plenty of critics of this administration's approach to Syria, etc. but virtually none with any coherent and reasonable plan to neutralize ISIS.  Recall that the Colonel on Colbert's show said that it would take 250,000 ground troops in the region for DECADES in order to defeat ISIS and create order in this snakes' pit of competing interests and factions.   

Jeb Bush is now saying "make it a war." Cruz and Trump would almost certainly advocate the same.  In this context, is not Hilary's approach (likely very similar to Obama's) the better option?   

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2015, 05:34:12 PM »
I actually think Obama has done well to keep us from getting deeper into that hole. It's such a bizarre mess of conflicts. The number of groups that are all willing to kill each other and/or us is crazy. I'd say arm the moderates and build an army but they spent hundreds of millions and came out with something like 50 guys...wtf?    Here's an answer, draft all the male refugees 18-45 send them back with weapons and training, take in the women, children, disabled and elderly until that army with international support has wiped out ISIS. Help the survivors rebuild the country.....everybody goes home to help.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2015, 07:04:52 PM »
Um, no.  Both because it's nutty, and because it wouldn't work. take people who just ran away from the violence and send them back. You and what army.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 08:03:39 PM by PonoBill »
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2015, 08:24:05 PM »
I actually think Obama has done well to keep us from getting deeper into that hole.

Not true. The chaos going on in the middle east now is a direct result of Obama's continuation of everything Bush started. The only difference between now and when Bush was president is that mainstream media isn't yelling about it like they did with Bush.

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2015, 04:53:13 AM »
In this context, is not Hilary's approach (likely very similar to Obama's) the better option?

Hillary and Barrack are significantly divided on this. http://time.com/4120896/hillary-clinton-paris-attacks-isis-speech/

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton outlined a more aggressive approach to fighting ISIS in a major speech Thursday that showcased a more hawkish approach to foreign policy than her former boss.

In a closely watched speech at the Council on Foreign Relations, the Democratic frontrunner called for sending more U.S. special forces to Syria, imposing a no-fly zone in northern Syria and possibly arming Sunnis and Kurds in Iraq.

The speech struck a more assertive tone than President Obama’s remarks on the same subject earlier this week, even as she was careful to keep from directly criticizing the current strategy.

“It is in many ways an intensification, an acceleration of the strategy,” Clinton said of her plan to attack and destroy ISIS. “There has been an evolution in their threat and we have to meet it.”

also http://www.npr.org/2015/11/24/457275456/russian-military-jet-crash-heightens-debate-over-syria-no-fly-zone:

A no-fly zone over Syria wouldn't involve a major ground deployment, but it could cost about $1 billion per month, according to one Pentagon report.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 04:57:56 AM by Admin »

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2015, 06:02:56 AM »
Not usually a fan of Bill's, but this time I may have to agree.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntv3a80RGiw

I get it, he's an atheist, religion is hugely flawed, abused, etc. woohoo!  But, singling Islam out now is on the far side of reckless.   

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2015, 06:28:06 AM »
the main diff btwn shrub and bama is in the boot on the ground--bama has resisted booting up--thank goodness

beyond that, magenta, i agree--in fact he's upped the droning etc

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2015, 09:38:51 AM »
Obama quadrupled the troops in Afghanistan his first year in office - even after getting the "peace" price. And what a sick joke that was!

the main diff btwn shrub and bama is in the boot on the ground--bama has resisted booting up--thank goodness

beyond that, magenta, i agree--in fact he's upped the droning etc

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2015, 10:20:07 AM »
Hillary is a lethal combination of being a neocon of the first order, a lapdog for the international banksters, and an obvious psychopath. Here she is speaking to the new world odor creeps at the CFR and saying: "We get a lot of advice from the Council, so this will mean I won't have as far to go to be told what we should be doing and how we should think about the future." (The video is only 29 seconds long.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba9wxl1Dmas

In this context, is not Hilary's approach (likely very similar to Obama's) the better option?

Hillary and Barrack are significantly divided on this. http://time.com/4120896/hillary-clinton-paris-attacks-isis-speech/

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton outlined a more aggressive approach to fighting ISIS in a major speech Thursday that showcased a more hawkish approach to foreign policy than her former boss.

In a closely watched speech at the Council on Foreign Relations, the Democratic frontrunner called for sending more U.S. special forces to Syria, imposing a no-fly zone in northern Syria and possibly arming Sunnis and Kurds in Iraq.

The speech struck a more assertive tone than President Obama’s remarks on the same subject earlier this week, even as she was careful to keep from directly criticizing the current strategy.

“It is in many ways an intensification, an acceleration of the strategy,” Clinton said of her plan to attack and destroy ISIS. “There has been an evolution in their threat and we have to meet it.”

also http://www.npr.org/2015/11/24/457275456/russian-military-jet-crash-heightens-debate-over-syria-no-fly-zone:

A no-fly zone over Syria wouldn't involve a major ground deployment, but it could cost about $1 billion per month, according to one Pentagon report.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2015, 12:52:42 PM »
Um, no.  Both because it's nutty, and because it wouldn't work. take people who just ran away from the violence and send them back. You and what army.
Carrot and stick.....volunteer and you get 3 hots and a cot and we'll build you a home back in Syria when its done. Don't volunteer and you can live in a refugee camp until its done, then go home to whatever is left with a stigma of no coalition funded home for you. I'd bet a fair number would jump at the chance if they knew the US and the rest of the world would really be backing them. Pull together the international coalition and talk to each other as we bomb the shit out of these pricks. Ground forces should be only locals with support and logistics from us. Letting this cancer fester will be far worse.
Do you guys really think its in the long term interest of anyone to allow this bunch of nutbags to continue their existence?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 01:02:25 PM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2015, 05:22:47 PM »
And by "nutbags" are you referring to those who have been provoking and instigating this chaos for 65+ years?

Carrot and stick.....volunteer and you get 3 hots and a cot and we'll build you a home back in Syria when its done. Don't volunteer and you can live in a refugee camp until its done, then go home to whatever is left with a stigma of no coalition funded home for you. I'd bet a fair number would jump at the chance if they knew the US and the rest of the world would really be backing them. Pull together the international coalition and talk to each other as we bomb the shit out of these pricks. Ground forces should be only locals with support and logistics from us. Letting this cancer fester will be far worse.
Do you guys really think its in the long term interest of anyone to allow this bunch of nutbags to continue their existence?

Admin

• Administrator
  • Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • StandUpZone
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2015, 04:02:29 AM »

I had the same question.  Which nutbags were you referring to, Bob? 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal