Author Topic: Wishfull thinking  (Read 4880 times)

1tuberider

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wishfull thinking
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2015, 10:35:29 AM »
Hi Eastbound
I updated my email address. A few years ago my carrier was playing musical chairs
with my email.
I have had the wrong address for years. Opps and corrected.

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2015, 09:52:10 AM »
stranger things have happened. Some years back, there was a serious flat  spell.   no waves for days  i would go down hang out watch  the water lapping on the shore maybe 4 inches in height  truly like a lake. So one day while sitting around  this random guys a stranger is my guess plus up paddles out sits there for 20 minutes or so.  and out of nowhere there comes a solid 3 foot high wave ( shoulder high )  breaks perfectly he catches it rides it  gets  out packs up and leaves. We were stunned. The ocean goes back to being dead and I mean dead dead flat.  if we didn't see it we wouldn't have believed it.  Finally about a week later a swell comes though.  I have often wondered about that day.   and had forgotten it for a long time until I saw this post.
SEA BIRDS THEY DO TOUCH AND GO AS THE WORLD JUST TANGOES BY.... SO I SADDLE UP MY SEAHORSE WITH MY FLYROD IN MY HAND.... 10'3 King custom  10'6"  c4 da beachboy

Bean

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2015, 12:00:36 PM »
That happens all the time in Texas, you just have to know the tanker schedules. ;D

johnysmoke

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2015, 05:09:00 PM »
Bether than working.
I paddle that beach a lot, sometimes in my kooky little surf kayak, even if it's flat pretty good workout. Cruise sprint roll sprint cruise. Beats fighting the wind with a 14 footer that wants to blow away. Even with little non-surfable waves can check out the different contours of the waves and beach as I make my way down. Paddling around the point at the north end of the beach is another story, always something moving around out there.
SIC F14
Bark Eliminator
C4 Beachboy

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal