Author Topic: Anybody hit 1st Beach today?  (Read 99416 times)

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody hit 1st Beach today?
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2016, 09:33:02 AM »
2nd was slightly bigger early this am, no clue what was going on w fiilming but i heard there where a bunch of proners out over there.

Tomorrow forcast not looking as good as today but possibly some leftover swell, maybe I'll see you, if not I'll keep an eye on the cam for you.
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
Custom Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2016, 11:40:54 AM »
Naps are good. Caught a couple and then the wind switched HARD on shore. SEABREEZE is a commonplace event here in NE.

I looked at the  last ten pics on the cam. Captured again!

Second bigger, SE Mass bigger still as this was a SW swell..
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

kayadogg

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2016, 01:27:07 PM »
Don't need much swell when you bring yer raceboard  ;)

Really fun morning despite super mellow conditions. About as glassy as it gets and only PDLSFR and one other standie out. I'd catch em way out the back and get off the wave by the time they'd start to paddle into them. Felt like a workout.

WhatsSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2016, 07:13:28 AM »
Nice morning....got in the water at 6:30am and out at 9:00....Not sure what was up the first hour with me - just didn't have my usual balance.  Settled in after a short slurp of coffee and a muffin at the truck.  Enjoyed the dozens of clean knee to occasional thighers.  Only Zoner out.  Light offshore started some minor bumpiness about 8:30.  One proner down towards carousel and that was it.   

All in all...nice little am sess.

Be back at it the next couple of am's....hoping for a little more supin supin Sat/Sun.

8) 8) 8)

Jimmy Lewis B&B Flat nose 10'1"
Sunova Creek 9'4" 
TAVA 11'2"
NSP Element 11'
KeNalu Wiki paddle
Kialoa Insanity paddle
Misc other paddles

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2016, 11:24:10 AM »
I watched you on the cam for awhile and saw you scoring a few fun rides... As the story goes... You should been there yesterday (much bigger) LOL
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

mrbig

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2016, 11:33:01 AM »
Dude, You reeeaally missed it!! 8)  8)  8)
Let it come to you..
SMIK 9'2" Hipster Mini Mal
SMIK 8'8" Short Mac Freo Rainbow Bridge
SMIK 8'4" Hipster Twin
King's 8'2" Accelerator SharkBoy

salinity

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2016, 01:00:27 PM »
Nice morning....got in the water at 6:30am and out at 9:00....Not sure what was up the first hour with me - just didn't have my usual balance.  Settled in after a short slurp of coffee and a muffin at the truck.  Enjoyed the dozens of clean knee to occasional thighers.  Only Zoner out.  Light offshore started some minor bumpiness about 8:30.  One proner down towards carousel and that was it.

I think I may have been out there with you this AM - proner blue & white singlefin - got out when you were going back in for session #3. SUP was definitely the right choice of vessel out there today. Unfortunately, mine isn't too fun to drive with on top of the Cherokee at highway speeds (my hour + commute to the cape for work)!

WhatsSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2016, 02:33:50 PM »
Salinity:  Yep, we had it all to ourselves that's for sure....watched ya score some nice rides yourself!  You definitely seemed to score a few!!!!!  Was gonna say "Mornin" a few times but seemed to grab a few front sides (being a goofy) and headed off towards Cliff Walk away from ya.  Next time!

Best,   
Sunova Creek 9'4" 
TAVA 11'2"
NSP Element 11'
KeNalu Wiki paddle
Kialoa Insanity paddle
Misc other paddles

salinity

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2016, 06:13:32 PM »
Salinity:  Yep, we had it all to ourselves that's for sure....watched ya score some nice rides yourself!  You definitely seemed to score a few!!!!!  Was gonna say "Mornin" a few times but seemed to grab a few front sides (being a goofy) and headed off towards Cliff Walk away from ya.  Next time!

Best,   
Sweet! Name's Jason for next time. I'm at 1st or 2nd (when you don't have to be a movie star to surf there) most mornings when there's a bump. 

I actually came here to see there was info on SupATX boards (entry level). I found one in CT that looks more reasonable to gen in some surf than the 11'4" x 33" boat I currently try to run from time to time. The ATX is Poly too, which I haven't seen much in the SUP world.

PS. How do you get your gloves back on so easy when they're wet?

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2016, 02:51:51 AM »
Jason, I would hold off on that SupATX board as you could probably score a much better board even cheaper this Sunday if your wiling to drive a little further into southern RI. Matunuck Surf Shop is having it's Spring SUP Sell/Swap meet. Below is the shops ad on craigslist. I myself will be bringing a full carbon BIC Pro Custom 9'2 which I'll sell or trade for around $450 as well as a full Carbon KeNalu Wiki paddle for $150. I will also have another board from KayaDogg a brand new Gulliver V-Box 2 8'6 for $600.

I only mention this if your willing to go to CT for that board might as well see what's at this event.

WhatsSUP, not sure if your still around Sunday am, but I'll be hitting this event around 8:30 (early bird gets the good score), figured I'd keep you posted since if there's no surf here you could try surfing there or doing a little sup swap meet shopping? It's only 30 min from 1st beach.

Matunuck Surf Shop @ 706 Matunuck Beach Rd, Wakefield, RI "Come sell your unused SUP equipment at the Matunuck SUP Swap on Sunday May 1st 9 to 2pm. All you do is bring your stuff , hang out , sell it and you have money. No charge to come. Looks like already have over 20 guys bringing stuff. We'll try to post a list if people let me know what there bringing. Only $395 and up for boards, Paddles for $50"
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

WhatsSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2016, 03:45:23 AM »
Jason:  Todd here....my goal this year is to get up here once a month for 3-4 days each the balance of the year.   My wife is from Newport and her fam is scattered here, Mddletown, and East Greewich.  Still working on getting up here full time which is likely to come to fruition within the next year. Anyway, went by 1st about 6:00am and double over ankle and bumpy.   Sitting here at 2nd now typing this----same conditions.   No filming today.  MIL tells me Robert Redford had been in town for weeks films some "Discovery" movie with Jason Segel.  See ha next time!

Derek.  I'm interested in the paddle if its the 84'. How long overall?  I'm 6'1" maybe it's a perfect match(?). PM me.  I'm looking at a house at 2pm today but could potentially come your way today.  As for Matunuck...Given Sunday's rainy forecast I was gonna hit the water tommorow am then head back to Annapolis. I'll stand by.

Sunova Creek 9'4" 
TAVA 11'2"
NSP Element 11'
KeNalu Wiki paddle
Kialoa Insanity paddle
Misc other paddles

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2016, 03:57:18 AM »
It's 72 inches long, it was my back up surf paddle, my new surf paddle is cut down to 65.5 inches, short surf paddle feels so much better (takes getting used to but awesome once on a wave and switching hands and moving it easily around the wave left to right).

Sorry we didn't have much waves for ya !!
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

WhatsSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2016, 05:26:29 AM »
Jason:  The gloves are 3mm O'Neil's....really like them.  Got them at Island Surf last fall...right around the corner from 1st....I'm sure you probably know where it is (across from Atlantic Grill).  They've kept my hands toasty the last two visits in water ranging from 42-45 degrees.  Think I paid around $35.   Attached are a couple of pics.

Derek:  Sorry for the confusion....was wondering if the blade size was 84".  I might be okay with the 72" overall length...worse case could probably get one of their extender handles, no? 

R,
Sunova Creek 9'4" 
TAVA 11'2"
NSP Element 11'
KeNalu Wiki paddle
Kialoa Insanity paddle
Misc other paddles

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2016, 05:50:35 AM »
quicksilver logo on them gloves
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

WhatsSUP

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2016, 05:52:20 AM »
Eastie:  Yep...my bad.  I was thinking QS but the fingers were thinking supin else.
Sunova Creek 9'4" 
TAVA 11'2"
NSP Element 11'
KeNalu Wiki paddle
Kialoa Insanity paddle
Misc other paddles

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal