Author Topic: Half the Planet's Coral is Already Gone  (Read 5081 times)

goodfornothin

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Half the Planet's Coral is Already Gone
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 10:21:48 AM »
There are No solutions.  Yes,,I'm a Debbie downer,,sorry.  I have told a lot of dieing patients they will make it,,knowing dam well they wont.  We are currently experiencing close to 50 positive feed back loops leading to total climate collapse.  It doesn't matter if you stop industrial civilization tomorrow,we are cooked. 

Have you scene any birds lately? I have not.  Can't find them.  One or two here and there.  Have you guys looked at the trees? I'm in socal,,so you would think it's the drought.  It's not,,everything is still getting watered.  The trees are experiencing hyper nitrogen, coupled with heat and humidity.  Look at the leaves,,leaves are not supposed to be elongated and see through.  And mass ag is hitting the wall.  There is no solution.  As you water a crop,,salts accumulate.  Once the soil is saturated you no longer can use it.  Scientist have been battling this for many centuries.  Modern ag has only acclerated the process.

Politics and money have overcome any logical conversation.  I suspect we will hit many walls along with the climate wall,,and a few people actually think we are in the backside of collapse.  Mother nature is  screaming  something  is wrong.  And it's not just the heat.

I like to follow, robert scribbler, Paul beckwith, and Sam carna.  No bs, just observational science,,no models.  I personally feel models are screwing us.  If you feel really doomy,,look up guy mcpherson. He is looking at everything, one of very few that are.

There's a politician that responds on guys blog. Mark austin,,he gives out info as he can.  The main concern and handwringing of the beltway are the nuclear plants.  If we have any, any disruption to our global JIT system,,then we are beyond cooked.  Stupidest thing humans have ever done,,really,,we have let the lunatics convince us boiling water for electricity via life ending materials was a smart thing to do.  the bank's wanted their bomb,,and they got it,,

But hey,,they found oil in the Golan heights,,guess who owns the rights? Rothchild, chenney and bush famililies.  Happy motoring indeed

all~wet

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 01:35:52 PM »
"There are No solutions."

I couldn't disagree more.

Coral reefs are a mirror- a graphic representation of the overall health of the oceans ecosystem. It, the life it supports are sensitive to changes in temperature, CO2/Ph as well as runoff/sediment. Significant issues with all of the above through emissions, pollution, deforestation, degradation of wetlands are killing them off.

This truly is the water planet… our ocean’s health is a graphic representation of the health of the earths ecosystem in its entirety. We all have heard that it spans 3/4 of our planet… yet few really grasp, K N O W this… are in touch with the reality that it represents/contributes proportionally to our sustenance: offers a safeguard/buffer in our atmospheric/O2, CO2 scavenging, moderates weather/temp/storms/rain/water, is the foundation of the food chain- the ability of our tiny unique planet/incubator to sustain life…us!.

Our world, the planet’s environment is a mirror. It is a graphic representation of humanities relationship to it, our worldview/psyche. Our culture has been built upon a faulty premise or perception of nature. That it is based on separation and competition- a war between separate elements. What science is learning more and more is the interconnected, interdependence of everything. 50 years ago Max Planck told us that the universe/nature is literally an interconnected, symbiotic, cooperative intelligent matrix.

If we want to flourish and prosper as a species, we have to stop declaring war on our problems/the people, the world around us and interact with it and each other motivated by cooperation- assume a symbiotic cooperative approach. Next to perhaps bacteria, we are far and away one of the more influential life forms on the planet… and the only true parasite as in nature, even parasites are intelligent enough to offer a measurable substantive benefit to the host. The good news is: nature is amazingly resilient, self repairing with pretty significant tolerances built in. That said, we’ve hit a point of critical mass in populations influence on our surroundings. There is no longer room for error or the ability for nature to recover or make up the difference for our ignorance. But there IS a solution. A simple choice to be made as a species: adapt or die. In other words- change our behavior and the mirror will reflect acordingly.

The answer is simple… implementation, well... maybe not so much.   People abhor change. We refuse to do so until made significantly uncomfortable. The human race also seems to love a great drama wrought with pain, conflict and a protagonist that pulls off an amazing comeback, snatching an unlikely victory at the very last hour. Well.... things are well on the way to getting really uncomfortable and we are being presented with an amazing opportunity to pull off a dramatic last minute victory. Dunno bout the rest of you but... I'm fully invested/ excited to see how this story goes.

goodfornothin

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015, 02:21:23 PM »
Reality is a bitch,,

We got a 1.8c degree increase a few weeks after 9/11.  Once the planes starting flying again the temp went down.  A bunch of smart dudes figured out modern industrial pollution was keeping  the Temps at bay.  The minute we do the "right" thing we will get a 1.8c increase on top of the 1.8c we are experiencing now.  That leads straight Into a Venus event, like nothing left.   The heat we are experiencing is from industrial pollution decades ago,,and we are allready releasing methane at uncontrollable levels.  Why do we have a hurricane reaching into alaska,,and why are we experiencing insane amounts of rain, all at once. Why do we have humidity in deserts, and droughts in the tropics. I think the co2 or other pollutants are no longer driving the heat machine.  The positive feedback loops are driving now and that my friend is a far bigger problem than any human PhD can overcome.

What solutions do we have for the soil, we have hit peak phosphorous and our soils are getting saltier.  The only solution to that is a few million years of composting.  What solutions do we have for the nuclear plants?  Our navy is about to play chicken in the spratleys, we are playing who knows what in the middle east, it's very obvious the petrodollar is being challenged.  Our derivative markets are close to bursting.  Any one of those will disrupt the jit system.  Planned or not,,doesn't matter really.  What matters is, a bunch of scientist don't have the solution. The nuclear power plants require energy to keep cool.  There's literally not enough carbon stored on this planet to keep them cool forever. how do we get out of that mess?

The most common solution is green energy,,,it takes earth driven resources to produce green energy.  There's literally not enough resources left in earth to accomplish that goal either.  It's a fools errand, eroi..it's not there for the greens. 

And exactly when are we going to jump on the save the planet train,,,we are all riding boards that virtually destroy the thing we love.  The phones and computers and cars and electricity and fuel and plastics and pesticides and blah blah blah.   

I am 100% behind whatever it will take.  But I am also a realist,,I have not read one plan that addresses all the issues I have stated.  The will of our politicans, corporations, the populace and the bank's who fund it all,,are not on the save the earth train. 

I'm sticking with, there is No solution.  That's why I grow and smoke a lot of weed.  It helps with the glaucoma,,,,,and the vision of our truly fucked predicament.

Did I mention HB has been completely mental the past couple days,,,it's going off.  And I'm wrapped around a toilet barfing.  The worst luck

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2015, 03:09:04 PM »
Blaming corporations or some deep conspiracy for our problems as a species is just deflection.  We have evolved. which means we won a countless number of competitions--most of which left our competitors dead and eaten.  We have enough of a brain to understand the value of altruism, but the wrong instincts to take advantage of it.  People decry water in plastic bottles but buy them because its covenient. We cry for the planet while we fill our heating tanks with fuel oil, our cars with gas, and hop a plane to where we want to be.

So worying about it is bullshit unless you do something about it. Each of us, all of us. It isn't corporations or the faceless Rothchilds, its the face you look at in a mirror. Anything less is just the blame game, as substantial and useful as a popcorn fart.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

goodfornothin

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 04:14:39 PM »
I disagree, corporations and the rothchilds have given us no choice.  The propaganda is so thick nobody knows up from down.  How do you justify the propaganda if they didn't Intend on steering the ship they way they have.  Why can't I be concerned about the truth? You say because I'm not doing anything? What should I do about the nuclear plants.  What should I do about the glyphosate, not a gosh darn thing I can do. Except research and avoid. I'm trying to protect my family.  I'm trying to search out the truth to keep mine safe.  Sticking my head in the sand won't help. And fighting through courts won't help.  And how are we supposed to enact change if every avenue of communication is stifled through people like pono bill.  Every forum you go to,,mention the problems and you get slapped with conspiracy theorist, or a piece of shit for causing the problem and not fixing it.  It will be impossible to ever reach that 100th monkey with people like pono bitch slapping the useless eaters, impossible. 

I say keep talking and researching. 

I wasn't addressing pono. Just the mentality of beating the messenger(s) to a bloody pulp. 

all~wet

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2015, 05:05:33 PM »
We have evolved. which means we won a countless number of competitions--most of which left our competitors dead and eaten.  We have enough of a brain to understand the value of altruism, but the wrong instincts to take advantage of it.

Yes. Yes. Yes.  And yes! And more yes to personal responsibility and the corporation blame game. Governments/corporations are quite aware of, reflect, are dependent on our tolerance vs impulses and needs for their survival.

May seem like it, but I’m not espousing head in the clouds altruism. Quite the opposite. We are in complete agreement… we have evolved AND our instincts will lead us wrong. Our evolution as humans means having developed an advanced prefrontal cortex. In the name of self serving/preservation, I’m proposing that rather than react with our limbic/reptilian brain/leaving our competition eaten or dead- we put our evolving to use and utilize advanced, problem solving thought, work in concert with rather than against nature and its laws.... so we can save our fish and eat them too.

LoL, OK, so… to make sure I’m not talking complete B.S., I looked up prefrontal cortex:

quote: The PFC controls intense emotions and impulses, it is sometimes referred to as the seat of good judgment. As such, a properly functioning prefrontal cortex inhibits inappropriate behaviors — including delaying gratification of needs, for things like food or sex — while encouraging wise, acceptable choices. In part, this occurs because it works to allow humans to balance immediate reward with long-term goals.

This vital region of the brain regulates thought in terms of both short-term and long-term decision making. It allows humans to plan ahead and create strategies, and also to adjust actions or reactions in changing situations.

If the state of our population, our lifestyle, technology and our planet doesn’t constitute changing conditions, the need to balance immediate reward with long term goals and perhaps a change in approach. than…... I dunno what to say. I suspect we will hit a point where the negatives outweigh the benefits in our current approach, the discomfort will initiate change. Hopefully it's soon enough, eh?

Anyhow- just thinking out loud on paper. Think I'm gonna go take advantage of this SW swell and catch a sundowner. Goodfornothin..... dude.... I'm not surprised you're feeling nauseas. Get in the water my friend!

goodfornothin

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2015, 07:53:13 PM »
I wish I could.  I went out front and watched gotwavz having a grand ol time in pumping drainers.  Argh, so jelous.  I got a virus from a patient in 07 and it rears it's ugly head right at the complete wrong time. 

Im just expressing concern, I'm seeing our beautiful planet getting destroyed and I like to talk about it.  I think if we where able to talk about it, and not get slammed for differing opinions then things could move faster.  I have a different time line than some.  Ive had 12 doctors, all tell me I would be dead by now.  I was in the er 2 months ago, told I was to make arrangements for my family and asked what hospice I thought was best.  I'm still here fighting, cmv, massive MI, 300 pulmonary emboli, thyroid cancer (died twice on second operation), lung cancer, melanoma, pancreatic cancer and kidney cancer. and I'm still here fighting.  I'm learning a lot of what we are told is bullshit.. And if I'm still here then I'm going to speak up.  I'm doing it for my son.  I want him to have the same experiences I had.  And I am not seeing that in his future.

You speak of the frontal cortex,,,I feel the answer lies more in the pineal gland.  I will happily discuss this in private with you. I don't think to many here would accept my experiences as ligitimate.  But I'm happy to discuss privately.

There's a lady trying to simply get to the bottom of glyphosate.  She's asked the fda to simply show their results that the product is safe.  It took her tons of dough and time through foia just to get 9 studies out of 300 they have.  That's a public entity.  How can we possibly push this change in this environment.  Clinton simply waved a golden rod during fukushima,,no testing of sea life necessary.  There is no funding and no govt oversight with a reactor pumping out shit 24/7 until 3015.  And no testing. Yet here we are,.. 

I have gone through all the stages of grief, like 5 times now, hahah.  I'm well into acceptance phase.  Long long past anger stage.  I'm just throwing ideas out here to talk about.  Seems to be uncomfortable for some.

If anybody is interested, I gave some good guys to look up. Maybe some things to reconsider and really explore. Other than that I ain't got no beef with nobody.  I'm here to smile and love my son and hopefully catch some swell.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal