Author Topic: First ride on my stun gun  (Read 1775 times)

ninja tuna

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
First ride on my stun gun
« on: October 06, 2015, 05:59:08 PM »
Hurricane Joaquin swell.  What better time to test a new board. Especially this board. I was able to pick up a MINT used 8'7 stun gun.
The Sunday of the swell, I was able to get out my JP 9'2 surf.  On Monday I took out the stun gun.  Waves were head high to overhead and half with the occasional DOH set. Not as many as the day before.  This is now my smallest board volume-wise at 110L.  Me, 192lbs that morning.  The Jp is 136L and my Foote is about the same.  I was definitely in the water a lot more today getting used to the lower volume but it was not as bad as I expected.
With the lower volume, I lost the glide that I was used to with the other boards. I had to get used to sitting further on the inside.  The waves were a lot of walls that you had to race down the line and out run or get drilled head over heels.  But I was able to connect a few for some really good rides. I only got to hit the lip one time and this board made me feel like a pro.  Backside on this board almost felt like a regular prone surfboard. I used to love backside.  I set the board up as quad to see how it works and I was not disappointed.  I will try it with the tri fin set next chance I get. I may consider Jarvis' mod of removing the futures box and adding a fin box that I can adjust the placement of that back center fin.

supthecreek

Re: First ride on my stun gun
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 07:13:29 PM »
Yeeehaw.... waves for a new board....that rocks!

Thanks for the feedback on that board.... I am not surprised that you love it, they look like great boards!

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: First ride on my stun gun
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 04:47:28 AM »
Sweet, nice score.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal