Author Topic: Come on Jouquin  (Read 23920 times)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: Come on Jouquin
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2015, 07:12:12 AM »
Looking to do a Cape downwind 101 for anyone interested.
http://www.standupzone.com/forum/index.php/topic,28375.0.html
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Califoilia

• Axis Demo Rep
  • Teahupoo Status
  • San Clemente
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2015, 09:47:56 AM »
Just great, after reading the thread title, I now can't stop humming this......

https://youtu.be/RXLHUThBib8?t=1m5s

....thank you very much. :o :-\ 

And if that don't mess up your day like it did mine....there's always this....you're welcome.  ;) ;D
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 09:50:00 AM by SanoSup »
Me: 6'1"/185...(2) 5'1" Kings Foil/Wing Boards...7'10 Kings DW Board...9'6" Bob Pearson "Laird Noserider"...14' Lahui Kai "Manta"...8'0" WaveStorm if/when the proning urges still hit.

PabstSUP

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2015, 03:17:43 PM »
A little too windy here in RI for SUPs today but people were out.  I'm saving up my energy for tomorrow, Mon and Tue...  Snapped a few shots though. 

Hobie Raw 8'11
Sunova Flow 8'4"
Sunova Speeed 8'10
SIC Bullet 14' ASS

supthecreek

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2015, 03:26:14 PM »
Great day for fly-a-way kick-outs  ;D

Bigger is coming !

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2015, 04:46:32 PM »
i am going to LB at dawn, low tide. it'll be windy. may have to settle for not too many waves, short sesh. and if we catch a lull, it'll be great.
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2015, 06:28:20 AM »
friday pm was wild in western LI--overhead and + sets, ne winds in the 30 zone--strenuous, but got some of the biggest waves ever for me--exhausting sesh pulled the plug after an hour and a half

sunday at dawn we (proner brother and me) did in fact catch a bit of a lull to high teens/lo 20's---great sesh--huge current moving west, we walked up 3 jetties and drifted catching waves the whole way, then redid the walk back up current several times

only sup in sight, both sessions--not sure why, prolly the sick winds---proner crowd was very light too.

had a lil runin friday pm, where i let a proner paddle for like 6 bombs in a row, all rideable, and he pulled out of every one of them----then i go to paddle for one, he does too, and this one's his wave, so i pull out for him, then he pulls out and tells me "you gotta look"--i said "yeah that's why i pulled out, but of course you didnt take the wave anyway, like you didnt take the last ten you paddled for"  dbag paddled off--didnt see him get a wave all day
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2015, 06:32:34 AM »
will be dawning again tomorrow--sposed to be light winds, with much of the swell still up
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

supthecreek

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2015, 07:02:47 AM »
I am packing up slowly.... don't want to arrive too soon.
Waves will be getting bigger all day.... since my "off" button doesn't work..... I am managing my session timing from this end  ;D

Hopefully everyone will be worn out by the time the waves and I arrive  ;)

NorthJerzSurfer

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2015, 08:08:02 AM »
I am packing up slowly.... don't want to arrive too soon.
Waves will be getting bigger all day.... since my "off" button doesn't work..... I am managing my session timing from this end  ;D

Hopefully everyone will be worn out by the time the waves and I arrive  ;)

Eastbound- Im gunning for a Dawn Patrol at Long Beach tomorrow with the winds forecasted to be under 15mph.  Shoot me a PM if you want to grab some waves together.  Be fun to see another SUP out there- only really one other guy i see regularly out at LB.

outcast

• Peahi Status
  • Ambassador for Nihilistic Surf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2015, 06:38:25 PM »
Had a good weekend, saw one dude in a green harbor making a sup work in some serious wind...seen him on Cape before with a brushed carbon Starboard...dibs...but sailing made more sense

jealous of those who could get some today, but work won out.

Too many for the rack
Some in the shack
Some under decks
Some have straps

outcast

• Peahi Status
  • Ambassador for Nihilistic Surf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2015, 03:58:56 AM »
Well, Cmon Creek dish it
I got some suspect reports from Newport about Monday

When i sailed at your favorite Misty place on Sunday, there wasn't much penetration and still would have had a fair amount of texture yesterday.

Give a workin fool something to hold on to...I can't get any until tommorow
Too many for the rack
Some in the shack
Some under decks
Some have straps

supthecreek

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2015, 08:08:20 PM »
ha ha.... 2 days of great waves in the can..... just got home..... it will take time to work through the pics and videos.
I was mainly shooting Pabst and Mrs Pabst in between sessions. It will take a day to download the vids and look them over.

It was never as big as I had hoped for..... the kind of big that sends many to the showers and opens up the line-up

I was out as the solo SUP in close to 100 surfers.
When taking pictures I was running into people from Deleware, LOTS of guys I know from New Jersey, New York, Cape Cod, and all over New England.
At one point there were at least 10 people I know from all over, standing together watching the surf..... and thats 120 miles from home. It seemed like everyone was there.

From time to time there were 4 or 5 SUPs.... but mostl stayed out of the main action area..... Except me and Pabst.... we were annoying shortboarders on 2 different peaks.
I actually.... for the first time on the southside.... got a ration of shit from a LB..... it turns out, just for being on SUP..... so I followed him closely and questioned his feelings  ;)..... he just kept paddling away, yelling "Here we GO!"  he was pissed.... but I didn't hear from him again.

Yesterday, a surfer, sitting in the middle of a huge pack of people yelling "Everybody get the FUCK out of here.... go BACK to NY and New Jersey.... get the FUCK out of here!" ..... it was pretty funny  ;D

Yesterday was the biggest at a little OH....and I got what was by FAR the biggest wave of the day.... not even close. I was inside of at least 60 people.... some 75 yards further out than me, when a HUGE set appeared way out on the horizon.... I paddled hard out, and way over, where the ones that swing wide end up.
I fickin' knew the whole time, that I was the only one with any hope of getting it.

It pitched out and mowed down every other surfer.... I was just inside of the pitching peak.... paddling towards the shoulder... when the last surfer got swallowed, I spun into the drop backside.
Holy shit.... it was pretty damn big.... at least 2x OH..... straight into the pit...... the Speeeds super kick nose did it's job, came off the bottom with no problem and headed back up the rather sizable wave.... as I took the drop, I was actually a little freaked how big it was..... it was a long roping wave, with a perfect shoulder.... I pumped it 150 yards before it threw out inside and nailed me trying to go out around the section.

I keep hoping someone took a picture.... it was noticeably bigger than any other set of the entire swell.... and the damn SUP nabbed it ;D ;D ;D

Here's a shot I took of Mrs Pabst this afternoon. It was smaller and the wind had gone side shore. She is a new SUP'r and she was charging hard on her 8'10 Speeed  ;D
The 2nd pic is another point I checked out on the way home.....  that is a zoomed in shot from a 5 MP camera..... grainy, but shows the quality of the break

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2015, 08:39:34 PM »
So pissed....after Saturdays adventure normal decided it was very angry with me and took a vacation. I may get out tomorrow local for something after seeing my Doc but so frustrated right now. Fingers crossed that Brown's is working tomorrow...might make up a little for missing the fun down south.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

jpeter

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2015, 04:55:37 AM »
Returned to the scene of Sundays windsurfing on Tuesday mid-day.   It was busy at the breaks on the west side,  but I stayed at the other end.   Light south wind of 6-8mph had some complaining,  but it was pretty nice.   Seemed to get better for the 4-6pm session.
Great afternoon,  nothing like having the sun go away into shade from a ripping wave to the west.
Shot a few friends for about 20 minutes before round 2 of fun.
JP

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2015, 05:42:55 AM »
caught a sweeet morning sesh at LB yesterday--minor crowd issues compared to what creek says re points NE. Sadly I had work issues which limited my water time to just over two hours, but they were very nice hours. Connected with NJS as planned. Safe to say he was pleased to be there.

Caught a few glassy beasts. Rode the AW.
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal