Author Topic: Bye-Bye Bark  (Read 2976 times)

kayadogg

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Bye-Bye Bark
« on: September 01, 2015, 04:43:51 PM »
Not really shocking news but Candice is now 100% Infinity, no longer racing on Bark boards.

http://www.supracer.com/candice-appleby-joins-infinity-speed-freaks/

It was only a matter of time and now the time has come. And how about that Blackfish v2.0 in the video  :o

greatdane

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Paddle Surf Northwest
    • Email
Re: Bye-Bye Bark
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 05:05:56 PM »
It's too bad her bikini bottoms are so big.
Kialoa Paddles
Fibre Glas Fin Co
OnIt! Pro
Monster And Sea Clothing

SUP CPA

• Waikiki Status
  • Laguna Niguel, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 06:14:08 PM »
No surprise there.  I've seen Candice paddling on her Bark with the Infinty crew for a couple years around DP and Doheney.  And her boyfriend, Anthony Vela, is an Infinity team member.  The Barks haven't been as favored in the ocean races as other well known brands for a while.  I've noticed fewer Bark riders in the elite races each successive year.

kayadogg

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 06:33:23 PM »
No surprise there.  I've seen Candice paddling on her Bark with the Infinty crew for a couple years around DP and Doheney.  And her boyfriend, Anthony Vela, is an Infinity team member.  The Barks haven't been as favored in the ocean races as other well known brands for a while.  I've noticed fewer Bark riders in the elite races each successive year.

Yeah, I was more referring to her switching to the Infinity for surfing earlier this year but now she has come full circle and is racing on them too. Candice's Bark boards are very different than the surf tech models and she's done very well on them in open water. I think it's more than the boards.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 08:26:49 PM »
Might be the engine room. Candace is pretty amazing. Bark's new downwind boards work pretty well.  I don't think a surftech deal works well for the mojo of any shaper. Can't fault the boards that surftech builds, they do what they say they're going to do, but the the designs always seem to be two steps behind the curve.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

TallDude

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Capistrano Beach
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 09:05:51 PM »
Sorry to derail this thread..
If you take a closer look and scroll to the bottom of the article, you'll see the bureaucratic's jumping on the safety band wagon. Good? The police could check everyone with a board on the beach and cite them if they don't have the proper safety equipment. Safety equipment from a nationally approved and regulated company of course. State approved safety equipment companies may not be applicable in national parks and waterways. I will mention it to Dave B next time I see him paddling without a leash. I'll put mine on as well. I've been wearing it all the time now anyway:)

It's not overhead to me!
8'8" L-41 ST and a whole pile of boards I rarely use.

Easy Rider

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 10:38:17 AM »
Sorry to derail this thread..
If you take a closer look and scroll to the bottom of the article, you'll see the bureaucratic's jumping on the safety band wagon. Good? The police could check everyone with a board on the beach and cite them if they don't have the proper safety equipment. Safety equipment from a nationally approved and regulated company of course. State approved safety equipment companies may not be applicable in national parks and waterways. I will mention it to Dave B next time I see him paddling without a leash. I'll put mine on as well. I've been wearing it all the time now anyway:)

I think it was just a general comment about the lack of leash use in the marketing of SUP. 
I do agree that manufacturers need to start using images of their athletes with leashes on.

Easy Rider is the name of my store in Edmonton, AB, Canada.
My name is Warren Currie . . . and we SUP Surf indoors . . . in a shopping mall!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal