Author Topic: Go Pro Tail mount video 1st day  (Read 1775 times)

Tom English

• Peahi Status
  • Paddle with Aloha SUP
    • View Profile
    • Aloha Stand Up Paddle
    • Email
Go Pro Tail mount video 1st day
« on: December 28, 2008, 10:46:48 AM »
The first session came out with some interesting footage.  I'll tweak it a little to get more elevation. 

Aloha,
Tom English
Aloha,
Tom English

surfcal

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Go Pro Tail mount video 1st day
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 11:00:04 AM »
Tom,
 Was that Tommy on the guitar?  He is getting really good.  Time to go on the road. ;D

DavidJohn

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 12:23:55 PM »
Nice..  ;D

DJ

Rambo

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 12:44:24 PM »
Tommy, looks pretty good where it is. If you go higher a number of things may happen.

1. You risk losing the lens flushing action from the wake.
2. You will get more "jello wobble" and jerky movement as the cam scribes a larger arc when tilting the board.
3. You put more leverage on the mount and may tear out the the board in a big wipe-out.

The lens flushing is a good thing, without it a forward facing cam will collect droplets and dried salt spots.

In the past when i have put a cam beyond the "clearing zone" but still prone to collecting the occasional droplet, i have installed a small flushing device that directs a stream of water or diluted dish washing liquid at the lens. This can be either foot operated manually by stepping on a rubber bladder or the ultimate, a small battery powered setup like a car window squirt-er. Overkill i know but when you have to get that shot ... you do what you have too. The Pros use spinning glass lens covers that rotate at speed and spin the water off the glass.

Have you tried an ankle mount or lower leg mount?

Cheers Rambo

Paddle-Plappe

• Peahi Status
  • Hoe he'e nalu stoked
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 02:30:38 PM »
wow, i got a barrel there and the sun dazzle. Tracks link very well. Soundtrack is awesome.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 04:59:58 PM »
Very, very nice. Sweet track too. I think the splash adds to the action. Be very cool to have both front and rear mounted cams and intermix the two during editing or have the same move shown from both front and rear angles.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal