Author Topic: Anyone interested in using my numbers to plug into Shape 3DX for my new board?  (Read 2345 times)

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
I have a board I want to build for myself and was wondering if anyone would be interested in plugging in all the numbers I have for an 8'-6" design into Shape 3DX? If so, how much would you charge me for this?

I haven't decided yet if I'll have just the rocker cut and shape the board myself or have the entire board machine shaped. Either way, I'll need whatever file(s) the foam cutter and/or CNC shop needs. (I have the FREE version of Shape 3DX.)

I understand your time is valuable, but full disclosure here...  I'm a CHEAP bastard with a goal to build an awesome board with quality materials as inexpensively as possible. With that goal in mind, the cost of everything matters, so please, no hard feelings if I decline your offer because your price doesn't fit into the parameters of my intended goal. Fair enough? Good. :) And if it's too expensive to outsource this, then I'll just have to take the time to figure out the program myself.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 02:42:53 PM by magentawave »
Pluto Platter: 7-10 x 29.25 x 4.25 x 114.5 liters

supsurf-tw

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
I have a board I want to build for myself and was wondering if anyone would be interested in plugging in all the numbers I have for an 8'-6" design into Shape 3DX? If so, how much would you charge me for this?

I haven't decided yet if I'll have just the rocker cut and shape the board myself or have the entire board machine shaped. Either way, I'll need the file whatever file the foam cutter and/or CNC shop needs. (I have the FREE version of Shape 3DX.)

I understand your time is valuable, but full disclosure here...  I'm a CHEAP bastard with a goal to build an awesome board with quality materials as inexpensively as possible. With that goal in mind, the cost of everything matters, so please, no hard feelings if I decline your offer because your price doesn't fit into the parameters of my intended goal. Fair enough? Good. :) And if it's too expensive to outsource this, then I'll just have to take the time to figure out the program myself.

Thanks.
Sure no problem. PM the dimensions and I'll just do it for you.
Boards:

8-10 x 31 Egg
8-11 X 32 Double wing Fangtail Tom Whitaker
8-6 X 30 1\2  Inbetweener Tom Whitaker
8-4 x 30 Hyper quad Tom Whitaker (wife's now)
8-4 X 31 1\4.  Round (wide) Diamond Tail Quad Tom Whitaker
 9-4 X 30 1\2. Swallow Stinger Quad Tom Whitaker (ex wifes now)
10-0 Brusurf for teach

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Hey that's awesome, Tom, thank you! ;D I've been away the last few days but hopefully I can get everything to you in the next day or so. I wrote all the measurements, rocker, rail profiles, etc. on a legal pad. Would it work for you if I scanned those sheets and created a PDF out of them, or since I can't do attachments with PM's, should I just put all the measurements here?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 09:29:19 AM by magentawave »

supsurf-tw

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hey that's awesome, Tom, thank you! ;D I've been away the last few days but hopefully I can get everything to you in the next day or so. I wrote all the measurements, rocker, rail profiles, etc. on a legal pad. Would it work for you if I scanned those sheets and created a PDF out of them, or since I can't do attachments with PM's, should I just put all the measurements here?
email to me

twhitassociates@live.com
Boards:

8-10 x 31 Egg
8-11 X 32 Double wing Fangtail Tom Whitaker
8-6 X 30 1\2  Inbetweener Tom Whitaker
8-4 x 30 Hyper quad Tom Whitaker (wife's now)
8-4 X 31 1\4.  Round (wide) Diamond Tail Quad Tom Whitaker
 9-4 X 30 1\2. Swallow Stinger Quad Tom Whitaker (ex wifes now)
10-0 Brusurf for teach

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Tom, I just sent you an email.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal