Author Topic: Is SUP Cool?  (Read 33951 times)

pdxmike

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Is SUP Cool?
« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2015, 09:20:23 AM »
Cool is something that people that care about trends care about. Which means people who raise the bar on solipsism. You need to be 14 to 28 or immature well past that to really define and act on cool. You need to care much more about what other people think of you than you do about what you actually do. I haven't bumped into any of those fragile beings on the Zone. In the marketing world I previously inhabited, they were the dominant species. I don't miss them.

I knows me a lotta werds but I never did hear about no solipsism. So's I went ahead and looked it on up

sol·ip·sism
ˈsälipˌsizəm/Submit
noun
the view or theory that the self is all that can be known to exist.
And here I thought solipsisms were witty quotes from the lawyer on Breaking Bad.

standuped

• Sunset Status
  • Zapotocky family values
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2015, 10:25:34 AM »
Cool is something that people that care about trends care about. Which means people who raise the bar on solipsism.
I'm not sure those people even exist.

Killing once again, you are the king sir.
Florida gear.. Bic 12'x31"~207L.. JP Fusion 10'8"x34"~190L..Angulo custom 9'6"x33"~160L.. SIC Fish 9'5"x29.6"~145L..Epic gear elite paddle~7"x75"..Oregon gear..JP Fusion#2..Foote Triton 10'4"x34"~174L.. Surftec Generator 10'6"x32.3"~167L..Kialoa Pipes 6 3/8"x75"...Me 6'1" 220 lbs circa 1959

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2015, 01:02:15 PM »
I don't know if the ocean is a place to be cool, anyway.  It is kind of an insult to the majesty and permissiveness of Mother Ocean to brag, show off, or take for granted.

I like the Hawaiian practice of asking the ocean's permission before each session, and then remaining humble and grateful.

Very good point, Carl.  I think we would all be happier if we were more humble and grateful in general.  That's something I have been working on for myself, and it has made me a happier person.  Ego is intoxicating, but eventually it leaves you flat and empty.  Humility and gratitude is the way to be happy because it puts you into a completely different, and healthy frame of mind.
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2015, 01:05:39 PM »
Well said.

I don't know if the ocean is a place to be cool, anyway.  It is kind of an insult to the majesty and permissiveness of Mother Ocean to brag, show off, or take for granted.

I like the Hawaiian practice of asking the ocean's permission before each session, and then remaining humble and grateful.

Very good point, Carl.  I think we would all be happier if we were more humble and grateful in general.  That's something I have been working on for myself, and it has made me a happier person.  Ego is intoxicating, but eventually it leaves you flat and empty.  Humility and gratitude is the way to be happy because it puts you into a completely different, and healthy frame of mind.
Pluto Platter: 7-10 x 29.25 x 4.25 x 114.5 liters

Gramps

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #110 on: August 02, 2015, 03:42:21 PM »
cool is val lilmer plying doc holiday in tombstone  "i'll be your huckleberry"
SEA BIRDS THEY DO TOUCH AND GO AS THE WORLD JUST TANGOES BY.... SO I SADDLE UP MY SEAHORSE WITH MY FLYROD IN MY HAND.... 10'3 King custom  10'6"  c4 da beachboy

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 03, 2015, 04:42:12 AM »
naish, an incredible water athlete has always stayed on point, kept his dignity. laird??..............

http://pagesix.com/2015/08/03/pro-surfer-saves-lena-dunham-from-paddle-board-mishap/

Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

Busted Paddle

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: August 03, 2015, 08:14:09 AM »
Paul Newman was cool
The coolest