Author Topic: SIC F14 Wide Glide  (Read 13365 times)

Eagle

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: SIC F14 Wide Glide
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2015, 05:16:42 PM »
Hana, we have the same 8.3 fin for our Bullet 14V2 and put it right forward for DW and right back for AW touring.

It is a fast and easy turning fin.  If you need more stability you can go larger area but every fin like every board has its own specific compromises.  In really rough slop chop conditions a larger fin does slow oscillations somewhat and increase tracking.  The offside is that it will have a greater tendency to broach going down and across steep swells and will slow down your speed slightly.
Fast is FUN!   8)
Dominator - Touring Pintail - Bullet V2 - M14 - AS23

Off-Shore

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • HksupaHK SUP and Downwinding
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2015, 09:21:10 PM »
I don't know about another F14 but I was at shop today getting my check from SIC and a paddle shortened and almost test paddled X-14 that's 28.5 wide but I didn't cause I was afraid I'd like the speed and buy it!

Hana. ... This is how quivers start... If you can only have one board and want to downwind then the F14 is a great choice. But when it's flat and you want to do distance.... Then the next logical choice for a 2 board quiver is a stable race type board and the X14 is an a great option if you can afford it and have the space. When I'm paddling in the ocean the two boards that get the most use are my SIC Bullet 14v1 for downwind and touring and my Think XO 14' Race for flat-water windless days. It's a slippery slope though because once you have two boards every further addition is less %-wise of the total.

1+1 board = +100%
2+1 board = +50%
3+1 board = +33%
4+1 board = +25%
Etc

As I say.. a slippery slope.
SB 9' x 33' x 4.1" - RPC 9'8" iSUP - SB All-Star 12'6" - Blue Planet Bump Rider 14 - SB Ace 14 x 27 - RedAir 14' Elite Race - SIC Bullet 14v1 TWC - SICMaui F16v3 Custom

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/HksupaHk_SUP_and_Downwinding

HanaSurf

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2015, 06:01:46 AM »
Thanks for the fin advice Eagle,I'll give it a try. Off-Shore,I have other boards now as I've been paddling since 2008. I think I'll paddle the F14 for a long time to get my moneys worth out of it. F14 does well in calmer conditions in the Intercoastal waterway,has plenty of glide for touring and island hopping days. Right now all my paddling is saltwater and where I'm at on the Outer Banks it's very seldom flatwater calm.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal