Author Topic: Juan Sanchez-Lopez  (Read 18230 times)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: Juan Sanchez-Lopez
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2015, 10:31:21 AM »
Well Starman I suggest you look at reality. We've been bringing in seasonal farm workers for a LONG time. Shit they fly them in from  all over to here to work cranberry bogs. That doesn't mean those workers need to be given amnesty and citizenship. I'm not saying we need to stop immigration, just that it needs to be controlled to benefit the citizens of the country, not hurt them. Are you telling me there aren't millions of our fellow citizens out of work because someone here illegally has a job they could be doing? That corporate greed isn't selling us out just as it did when shipping manufacturing elsewhere? Look at admins last post....the we in the 1st sentence wasn't your average American citizen making the decision to maximize his profits.

Why would I choose to live on public assistance? I have some pride. I've had many people tell me that I should file for social security disability based on my health issues but i have zero interest in doing so. But I could give you a list of folks that are doing just that...with far less disabling problems than I have. No jobs in the inner city...really? Where the hell do you live...I grew up in the inner city. Plenty of jobs for folks to get a start...that is until they were all taken by people here illegally. A large percentage of the folks living in poor areas are here illegally? They're working but there are no jobs? complete BS.

We have "progressive" policies that created the inner city slums, created generations on welfare and an now an attitude that its OK. Now we need more progressive policies to get out of it?  What's that definition of insanity again?

I grew up amidst the reality of living in poverty, we were the wealthy family in the neighbor hood and we were lower middle class at best. I ate the canned chicken and government cheese at my friends houses, don't preach to me what its about. Back then those friends had a chance to get out, get a job, work hard and you can do OK. Those that chose to did. Try being a young black guy and go look for a starter job as a laborer or dishwasher or almost anything today....who's you're competition? A guy or girl willing to work dirt cheap and do whatever their employer wants because they have little recourse because they are not here legally.

A bunch of stereotypes?...only in your mind.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 10:47:15 AM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

feet

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2015, 08:21:07 AM »
Back to the issue of what to call immigrants...

This is what happens when we use language that dehumanizes and turns humans into "other" of lesser or little value...

http://www.texasobserver.org/illegal-mass-graves-of-migrant-remains-found-in-south-texas/

SeldomScene

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2015, 06:43:54 PM »
Funny that you should use fat cats in top hats....the shadows are cute but they are the folks that want illegals here now so they can pay less to everyone and pocket the difference. It's not the wealthy that are being hurt today by illegal immigration. A more relevant cartoon would have them welcoming the immigrant while an out of work regular Joe American is pan handling on the corner. Maybe you care more about the guy coming off the boat......me I care about my neighbor.

I have a friend who is really struggling these days because he refused to hire illegals in his contracting business. Never mind the guys that he has had to lay off because he can't compete. He would think that cartoon was SO funny!
R

People here, would rather panhandle with their cardboard roadside sign because it's good tax free money and it doesn't require being up on a roof nailing shingles, carrying heavy drywall, or mowing lawns.  Come to think of it, I have never seen a Latino here with a cardboard free money sign up. 

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2015, 09:10:32 AM »
Funny that you should use fat cats in top hats....the shadows are cute but they are the folks that want illegals here now so they can pay less to everyone and pocket the difference. It's not the wealthy that are being hurt today by illegal immigration. A more relevant cartoon would have them welcoming the immigrant while an out of work regular Joe American is pan handling on the corner. Maybe you care more about the guy coming off the boat......me I care about my neighbor.

I have a friend who is really struggling these days because he refused to hire illegals in his contracting business. Never mind the guys that he has had to lay off because he can't compete. He would think that cartoon was SO funny!
R

People here, would rather panhandle with their cardboard roadside sign because it's good tax free money and it doesn't require being up on a roof nailing shingles, carrying heavy drywall, or mowing lawns.  Come to think of it, I have never seen a Latino here with a cardboard free money sign up.

Me either...but doesn't that help make my argument? Funny you mention those 3 things, I did them all at one time or another and was glad to have the job.

So Feet...what do we call people who are here illegally and are immigrants? Whatever it is it will soon become derogatory and no longer PC. You used "immigrants" , if you lump all immigrants in together isn't that detrimental to the folks here legally? And how long before immigrant becomes a word that you won't use? Next year you'll be saying that the only word we can use is "people". That story sounds to me like municipalities with no way of dealing with a bunch of unidentifiable bodies. Do you really think they have the resources to track down families? And what if they did spend the time and $ to track them down? Are those families likely to be in a position to transport and pay for burial? Maybe we should change our laws so that people won't be compelled to come here via dangerous routes and dealing with human traffickers. That to me would be the most humane thing all around.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 09:27:03 AM by stoneaxe »
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Philn

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2015, 11:08:57 AM »
True e-verify and rigorous enforcement and fines on employers....most everyone goes home or elsewhere.

Yes! Without considering all the facets of the debate in this thread, if you simply wanted an almost immediate change to the current situation the most effective way is to heavily fine the employer who gets caught hiring illegal aliens. But if we cut the funding to ICE at the same time then we just have more useless laws.

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2015, 08:13:43 PM »
True e-verify and rigorous enforcement and fines on employers....most everyone goes home or elsewhere.

Yes! Without considering all the facets of the debate in this thread, if you simply wanted an almost immediate change to the current situation the most effective way is to heavily fine the employer who gets caught hiring illegal aliens. But if we cut the funding to ICE at the same time then we just have more useless laws.

Yup...thus the need for rigorous enforcement. ICE needs to be able to simply do the job they are intended to do.
Bob

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2015, 06:26:14 AM »
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2015, 04:49:40 PM »
"Though I could use some help getting my shop organized and clean. In the non-agricultural areas I understand there are hordes of Mexicans at every home depot, looking for work"[/

There are a lot of this folks in encinitas  I have hired some  and funny thing is about 50 %  live nearby in Vista  drive a  car to home depot and  hang out to work.   
SEA BIRDS THEY DO TOUCH AND GO AS THE WORLD JUST TANGOES BY.... SO I SADDLE UP MY SEAHORSE WITH MY FLYROD IN MY HAND.... 10'3 King custom  10'6"  c4 da beachboy

* Recent Posts

post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 16, 2024, 12:40:25 AM
post SIC Raptor Foil and Board For Sale
[Classifieds]
addapost
April 15, 2024, 04:25:26 PM
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 15, 2024, 02:40:38 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal