Author Topic: Are you SUPing on the 4th?  (Read 13114 times)

Old School 213

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
Re: Are you SUPing on the 4th?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2015, 06:20:02 PM »
I want to get out. Try out my bike rig but I'm thinking that low tide will provide meager waves.

SUPcheat

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2015, 06:31:52 PM »
First thing in the morning, in North Carolina, I'll be towing a dead chicken, I'm working on my speed paddling.

Careful with that chicken,an 11foot alligator came on shore in Holden Beach,NC today. I've seen a lot of gators when paddling the ICW here but this is the first on the beach.

I guess you tow the chicken, then a gator latches onto the chicken to make things harder, then later, a  great white latches on the gator and you get a super workout.
2013 Fanatic Prowave LTD 9'3"x30.5x@134L
Sunova Speeed 8'10"x29.12@131L
Sunova Flow 8'7"x30.25"@121L
Carbon 9.3x32@163L Hammer
Me: 6'1"@230 lbs 68 years old

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 07:10:41 PM »
Yup...my wife and I are packing boards and beach stuff and hitting the boardwalk in Sandwich for a cruise on the estuary and a lazy beach day. Might bring a lightweight rod with me too, it's loaded with schoolie stripers. We may try and find some small waves for her as well if we have time. I can use a day of rest, sore as hell tonight....not so much from the days surfing but my feet feel like someone beat them with a stick from walking over the cobbles getting in and out.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2015, 07:25:04 PM »
Might be a opportunity with some of PCH closed off North of the Pier for the staging of the Parade.
Will generally cut down on the crowds as parking can be limited...

Good tip Ralph.  Thanks!!! Is it closed both North bound and South bound?  Maybe a good time to ride the bike over and surf the cliffs.

Between the Pier and Golden West...(Closed Off)
You will have to come in through the back streets to park close to PCH
in that span...generally light with mostly locals that live within walking distance..
Waves were too small for me this morning with the low tide...tomorrow ?

I might ride my bike over there tomorrow morning for a session.  It's a bit of a hike towing a SUP that far with a bike, but if I can do it, I'll see you there probably between 5:30 and 6:00, same place we surfed and shot vid earlier this week.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 07:28:26 PM by Zooport »
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

Riverpunk71

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2015, 07:38:08 PM »
Trying to strike first thing in the morning...One eye on the weather report though. It's thunderstorming here in GA but there may be a slight reprieve tomorrow.

HanaSurf

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2015, 07:48:50 PM »
I'll take my chances here in NC with the sharks and the gators but I'm not paddling on the 4th with these crazy,drunk boaters ;D

OUTSIDEWAVE

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 09:09:01 PM »
nope avoiding crowds and tourists
SEA BIRDS THEY DO TOUCH AND GO AS THE WORLD JUST TANGOES BY.... SO I SADDLE UP MY SEAHORSE WITH MY FLYROD IN MY HAND.... 10'3 King custom  10'6"  c4 da beachboy

cnski

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2015, 10:46:13 PM »
Gonna paddle the Snake River Canyon in Jackson, Wy. tomorrow with Gavere. Destined to be a real hoot!

surfercook

• Cortez Bank Status
  • Jersey Shore
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2015, 04:42:37 AM »
Doesn't look good for us Easties this yr. Small, onshore knee high dribble out there now. Maybe later today but doesn't look promising. Last yr was a different story!
https://youtu.be/noICy01GomM
One could go into a mall in Kansas and ask a teenager "What is a surfer looking for?, and the answer will always be, "The perfect wave"
9'11" PSH Hull Ripper-145 ltr    
9'3" PSH  Hull Ripper- 130ltr 
8'0" Corevac Assassin -127 ltr   
Paddles- Carbonerro PRO SERIES 85 & Riviera Camo at 70"

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2015, 05:16:42 AM »
Gonna paddle the Snake River Canyon in Jackson, Wy. tomorrow with Gavere. Destined to be a real hoot!
Awesome ski. River is looking NICE and has been way busy. Town is crazy busy. Kahuna and Lunchcounter are looking good. I have actually seen people surfing Lunchcounter at 6 in the morning a few times a couple weeks ago. Never seen that before but I think it has dropped enough the last couple weeks to not be too good for that. I still too big a sissy to go through that section on a board. Maybe it gets down to 4500 or so, I don't know. I will be downstream with my two youngest somewhere on the lake. Had been kicking around paddling around the entire lake but they aren't into that but they want to go out for a few hours with me. (aww, shucks) I may have to swing into the overlook sometime today on my way out or back. Maybe I watch a few more go through........but I doubt it.....maybe. Most everyone on a board, but not all seem to get on their knees when they come around that bend. I actually will try and make sure and look at the photos online tonight or tomorrow and see if you guys get picked up going through. You know about that don't you?
Have fun and be safe everyone.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 05:25:37 AM by lucabrasi »

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2015, 05:54:55 AM »
Might be a opportunity with some of PCH closed off North of the Pier for the staging of the Parade.
Will generally cut down on the crowds as parking can be limited...

Good tip Ralph.  Thanks!!! Is it closed both North bound and South bound?  Maybe a good time to ride the bike over and surf the cliffs.

Between the Pier and Golden West...(Closed Off)
You will have to come in through the back streets to park close to PCH
in that span...generally light with mostly locals that live within walking distance..
Waves were too small for me this morning with the low tide...tomorrow ?

I might ride my bike over there tomorrow morning for a session.  It's a bit of a hike towing a SUP that far with a bike, but if I can do it, I'll see you there probably between 5:30 and 6:00, same place we surfed and shot vid earlier this week.

Cams look too funky over there to warrant a long bike ride.  Think I'll just go local to my house. 
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

Old School 213

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2015, 08:42:21 AM »
Good call. Caught the bottom of the tide, mostly shore pound with an occasional corner.

HopkinsSUP

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Hopkins Stand Up Paddle Boarding
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2015, 09:30:49 AM »
Planning on doing a few hours in Sittee River looking for  manatees and crocs before we get the grill going  this afternoon

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Bulky

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2015, 10:45:53 AM »
Already been and back. No surf to speak of but got in 7miles with my new Konihi. I'm usually all by myself at the launch but today just about every picnic table was staked out before sunup. Now I'll stay happily in the backyard and enjoy the peace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Santa Barbara, CA

SIC RS 14x24.5
Infinity Blackfish 14'
Naish Glide 14' (2012)
SupSports Hammer 8'11
Starboard WidePoint 10'5
Ke Nalu Mana, Konihi, Maliko

APPST_Paddle

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email