Author Topic: Board Peeing  (Read 7370 times)

SUPerstitious

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
Re: Board Peeing
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 08:26:23 AM »
On the boat we call it "checking the prop".

On the SUP we call it "checking the fins".
I'm gettin' funny dreams again and again
I know what it means, but …

kayadogg

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 08:35:53 AM »
Peeing is really easy, as long as you're already wet. It's easy to blend in with your trunks dripping but if you're dry, it can be kinda awkward when the person you're talking to puts two and two together. I used to dive with a friend who refused to pee in his wetsuit. We're talking being under water for anywhere between 45 min to an hour and a half, add in the the time it takes to gear up, deco stops and then getting out of your gear and you could be looking at 2 hours easy. Peeing in my wetsuit was often the highlight of my dives, especially in New England where even in the summer, the water at depth is in the mid 40's.

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 09:25:14 AM »
Peeing in your wetsuit when you're freezing is one of life's great pleasures. Just don't do it in a drysuit. My cold water drysuit (for diving) has a relief zipper, but I've never used it. I don't want to encourage a leak there. A friend of mine opened his under water. I think he was narced at the time, we were coming back from 180 feet when he did it. He had to blow his suit up like the michelin man to get back enough air volume to carry his 45 pounds of weights plus six pounds of ankle weight back to the surface. Funny shit once we were back on the boat, but scary as hell when it was going on. I've never had to fumble with some other guys zipper before (yeah, yeah, many possible jokes there spook), but it was bubbling air even after he closed it. When we were back on the boat I told him it was like that Foster's beer commercial "The doctor says you're gonna die."
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

blackeye

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2015, 11:54:39 AM »
I thought the water turned purple when you pee. That's a lie?

HopkinsSUP

• Waikiki Status
    • View Profile
    • Hopkins Stand Up Paddle Boarding
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 12:20:22 PM »
In the SCUBA world there are two types of divers, those that pee in their wetsuits and htose that lie about it.  I assume it applies to surfers too  ;D

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal