Author Topic: South Shore Sunday?  (Read 4073 times)

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
South Shore Sunday?
« on: June 27, 2015, 08:37:31 PM »
Looking like the go to is going to be more local tomorrow. Great looking forecast for the afternoon for nantasket and environs....may be surfing in the rain, just hope the lightning stays away. Anyone interested....I'm going to take a look at Brown's in the early afternoon and it may be working. If not I'll head north and check out the river mouth, last stop will be Nantasket if nothing else is working. There's a lot of east to this, actually it's wrap from the SE so it may not make it very deep into the bay. Anyway....I'll be out there.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
Re: South Shore Sunday?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 06:46:32 AM »
Fingers crossed that swellinfo has it right. It's the only forecast showing a wind switch to the west this afternoon. Otherwise it's going to be a victory at sea workout session.
Bob

8-4 Vec, 9-0 SouthCounty, 9-8 Starboard, 10-4 Foote Triton, 10-6 C4, 12-6 Starboard, 14-0 Vec (babysitting the 18-0 Speedboard) Ke Nalu Molokai, Ke Nalu Maliko, Ke Nalu Wiki Ke Nalu Konihi

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 09:24:34 AM »
Keep us posted Newport was a total mess
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
Custom Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 10:14:06 AM »
Just came back from a late breakfast with Sue and the munchkin. Plymouth is fogged in, won't be able to see Brown's and the long paddle out would be hell for me in the fog. I'll check further north but the cams are still showing victory at sea. Swellinfo is still calling for head high and cleaner for late afternoon.
Bob

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 11:46:25 AM »
nantasket is a mess. Going to wait a bit to see if the wind starts to shift
Bob

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 12:29:29 PM »
1st has cleaned up w offshore prob shoulder high, best was Matunuck as that was head high clean but crowded.

Going to hit 1st for early dawn patrol tomorrow w hopes of leftovers.
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

johnysmoke

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 03:13:14 PM »
I'll probably be heading out Monday morning for leftovers.
SIC F14
Bark Eliminator
C4 Beachboy

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 07:56:22 PM »
Never went out at Nantasket....hung around for an hour watching. When I left it was 15-20 straight from the NE with 6 sec shore pound and fog....would have killed myself getting out. Weather conditions showed Plymouth had shifted to NNW so I head south. By the time I got there the tide was over the outer shoals but there was a little wave in Warren Cove. Paddled around for a few hours catching some small waves for short rides and getting a workout. It actually built a little and was fun near dark.

Swellinfo had a lot of folks at nantasket and south shore spots waiting and watching. Not sure why their forecast showed the wind shift early, nothing else did.
Bob

johnysmoke

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 05:19:12 AM »
Not sure if it would have worked yesterday, but one of my favorite spots is the New Inlet in Scituate. A little bit of work to get out there, have to park back in the marsh and paddle out about 20 minutes, but pretty decent if it's cranking. If the current is going out can be even better. Can be huge on the outside but there is often a little bit to nibble on the inside, especially the north side lots of sand bars. Also a really great spot to just paddle out and hang out, great low tide spot in the summer and often knee high stuff out there even if it's flat everywhere else. Can scout from the south side in Humarock and drive around if it looks good.
SIC F14
Bark Eliminator
C4 Beachboy

eastbound

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2015, 05:43:24 AM »
funny--i leaned on swell info yesterday and they failed me. drove 50 mins to NJ at dawn, and the westerly swellinfo had predicted was not to be--it was a big mess with side/onshore--stared for a while and headed home. looked better in the pm, but i was home napping by then. makes me envy those who can look out the window to see if they should paddle out.
Portal Barra 8'4"
Sunova Creek 8'7"
Starboard Pro Blue Carbon  8'10"
KeNalu Mana 82, xTuf, ergoT

PDLSFR

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2015, 06:08:21 AM »
All the surf sites blew it yesterday for RI, as winds were offshore and not too bad, waves perfect...I guess rule of thumb is go check out breaks personally !!!

1st and 2nd Newport RI was a mess this morning, leftover swell was disorganized and sloppy, a few proners out and 1 SUP.
Infinity RNB 8'2
Ron House 9'7
Ron House 10'7
Infinity New Deal 10'
VEC 11'
Focus Bluefin 14'

PabstSUP

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 08:00:58 AM »
Creek and I were at Matunuck later in the day yesterday followed by a dawn patrol session this morning.  Yesterday was pumping with calm offshores and with nice faces even at high tide.  Seems a lot of the crowd was surfed out and took off by the time I got in the water.  The swell dropped for this morning's session but it was still fun and it looks like there might be some decent video.  Had a great time hanging out and surfing with the godfather and even got to try out his new Sunova Speed!   
Hobie Raw 8'11
Sunova Flow 8'4"
Sunova Speeed 8'10
SIC Bullet 14' ASS

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 08:13:04 AM »
Not sure if it would have worked yesterday, but one of my favorite spots is the New Inlet in Scituate. A little bit of work to get out there, have to park back in the marsh and paddle out about 20 minutes, but pretty decent if it's cranking. If the current is going out can be even better. Can be huge on the outside but there is often a little bit to nibble on the inside, especially the north side lots of sand bars. Also a really great spot to just paddle out and hang out, great low tide spot in the summer and often knee high stuff out there even if it's flat everywhere else. Can scout from the south side in Humarock and drive around if it looks good.

Sssshhhh....I'm not usually one to worry about supposed secret spots but that's one that I don't usually reveal... ;). There is always a wave there and when its good its great. It was fogged in tight when I drove past. I was thinking about going out there yesterday but going solo there with my head bothering me and fog is not a good option. I used to park at the old bridge but my friends surf house (bought specifically to be near that spot) makes it a short paddle. The currents can be insane there...trying to paddle back to his house we had to land and walk the marsh once, would have taken an hour of hard paddling to go 200 yards.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 08:17:41 AM by stoneaxe »
Bob

johnysmoke

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2015, 01:24:20 PM »

Sssshhhh....I'm not usually one to worry about supposed secret spots but that's one that I don't usually reveal... ;). There is always a wave there and when its good its great. It was fogged in tight when I drove past. I was thinking about going out there yesterday but going solo there with my head bothering me and fog is not a good option. I used to park at the old bridge but my friends surf house (bought specifically to be near that spot) makes it a short paddle. The currents can be insane there...trying to paddle back to his house we had to land and walk the marsh once, would have taken an hour of hard paddling to go 200 yards.
D'oh. Well there is tons of current there, and I've heard others call it sharky, and there's no public facilities of any kind anywhere near by, and cell reception is terrible out there, also you essentially need a boat to get back and fortforth because the currents are probably lethal otherwise. Not even really sure why I bought it up.
SIC F14
Bark Eliminator
C4 Beachboy

stoneaxe

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2015, 04:32:28 AM »
 :)
Bob

* Recent Posts

post Re: Need a new Impact Vest
[Wingsurfing, Windfoiling, Wingfoiling, Wing SUP]
B-Walnut
Today at 10:20:25 AM
foiled again
Today at 07:32:24 AM
B-Walnut