Author Topic: coos bay Oregon???  (Read 9516 times)

newton333

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: coos bay Oregon???
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2015, 11:41:04 AM »
Hahahaha.  If u saw what I pay here  for what I have I'd lose ur mind. Ny/n.j are outta control... Hell n.j has a moving out of the state tax!!!!!!!!! Yes that's right, if u wannna move out u got to pay!!! About $3000.... ! With beach replenishment  and biggest crowds u ever saw its time to go! Thanks for your help

Alkasazi

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015, 11:50:23 AM »
stop by Mom's Kitchen for breakfast
SUP monkey @ Outdoorplay

current boards:
KPO Design Yampa 10
Imagine Connector
Red Elite 14

newton333

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2015, 07:16:00 AM »
Well transfer go moved up, no id hav to be out there by last week of August. So have to move sight unseen.. Wich is scary but seems like place I wanna be. What do u guys think/ know about bandon? Or n bend? Looks like it be working in coos bay but may rather live there? Wich is better for sup?

1tuberider

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2015, 07:17:42 AM »
Bandon or Bend?  Surf or snow is your choice.

Bandon is around 30 minutes south of Coos Bay. And Port Orford another 30 minutes. Surf is all around. Maybe better around Coos Bay with different facing beaches. Coos Bay has a few nice surprises. Affordable housing is a plus.

Bend is a 3 hour drive to the coast. Is that what you want? If your a cowboy or snow skier then Bend is a better choice.

Income tax is 9% at 5k or 10k depending on your marital status. Have a good match with your withholding and it is painless. Calif has a higher tax but you don't get their until income is over 50k. It income tax or lack of is important, then consider Washington.

Property taxes are high in Oregon, but not much higher than California and home ownership is better than say in So Calif where you need a lot of equity if you don't have a lot of income. 

Prices for real estate is reasonable in Coos Bay. I would wait till you know where you want to live and rent until you figure it out. Property does not move fast unless it is underpriced.

It does rain in Oregon. This is something that you either hate or love.

If you windsurf the So Oregon coast rocks. If you hate wind the So Oregon coast is tough.

Cold water year round but the occasional warm spell comes in and you can be in trunks. Rare but happens.

Tuna fishing around 10 miles offshore when they are running. Every river has salmon runs. Hunting is common but getting an elk tag is like winning a lottery.

Plus the best part    You can come to Crescent City and surf with me. I am 3 hours south of Coos Bay. Once you get south of Port Orford the highway follows the coast. It is truly a beautiful drive with surfing nuggets scattered along the way. They are often hidden and seldom good but really good when on.

Fall is the best time of year for surfing. August a great time to arrive. All forms of surfing is practiced. Oregon surfers can be a tough bunch to warm up with. Don't push it. Things warm up with friendships as you become a local.

1tuberider

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2015, 10:31:57 AM »
Ooops   North Bend and Coos Bay are basically the same community. You need to be there to decide where is the best place to park.

newton333

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2015, 07:18:53 AM »
Well it still sounds awesome I don't fish or hunt, but the offloading and skateparks look like enough to keep me busy between windy times. Rain is no problem I'll take it over  massive ice storms day after day any day of the week.  Seems like a good fit, I found kiler apartment hope to be out there soon.

magentawave

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2015, 01:15:15 PM »
I think Mt Bachelor in Bend is the closest place. The best snowboard session I ever had was at Bachelor in the early 2000's. We went there because everywhere else (California, Utah, and Colorado) weren't working that season. We scored 2' to 4' of powder. The air was so cold that the tiny snow flakes appeared like little prisms as they fell and covered our previous tracks. It was insane and we had the place to ourselves all day just hooting and hollering at each other all the way down.

Sounds great guys thanks, , I surf n.j so Oregon is actuLly warmer for me in winter.
How far is coos bay from mountains to snowboard? I used to work at mt hood every summer but only ever surfed  near linclon city. I'm also avid lifelong snowboarder and skateboarder both of which Oregon is  best in the world.
Pluto Platter: 7-10 x 29.25 x 4.25 x 114.5 liters

PonoBill

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2015, 04:21:51 PM »
Gerry Lopez moved to Bend to snowboard on Mount Bachelor. Nuff said.
Foote 10'4X34", SIC 17.5 V1 hollow and an EPS one in Hood River. Foote 9'0" x 31", L41 8'8", 18' Speedboard, etc. etc.

* Recent Posts

post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Dusk Patrol
Today at 12:51:49 PM
post Re: Surfboards (Longboards)
[SUP General]
Night Wing
Today at 06:29:07 AM
post Re: Sunova Faast Pro Allwater 14x27
[Classifieds]
gcs
April 18, 2024, 01:22:14 PM
post Re: SUP Longboard
[Gear Talk]
AndiHL
April 17, 2024, 10:23:58 PM
[Gear Talk]
dietlin
April 17, 2024, 07:54:48 AM
[Gear Talk]
B-Walnut
April 16, 2024, 11:10:15 PM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
finbox
April 16, 2024, 06:05:51 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:33 PM
[Gear Talk]
Tom
April 16, 2024, 04:41:23 PM
[Gear Talk]
Dusk Patrol
April 16, 2024, 11:21:42 AM
[Gear Talk]
firesurf
April 16, 2024, 11:04:18 AM
post Re: Starboard Pro vs. Infinity Blurr v2, thoughts?
[SUP General]
SurfKiteSUP
April 16, 2024, 09:48:08 AM
[Gear Talk]
Badger
April 16, 2024, 06:37:12 AM
post Lahonawinds WIND HAWK-Inflatable Wingboard
[Classifieds]
kitesurferro
April 16, 2024, 05:12:26 AM
post SUP Longboard