Author Topic: Trails tomorrow anyone?  (Read 3418 times)

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Trails tomorrow anyone?
« on: May 29, 2015, 11:15:01 AM »
OCSurf and I are planning to be there about 7, probably T6.  Maybe another trail if 6 doesn't look good. 
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 11:21:19 AM by Zooport »
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

SlatchJim

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
Re: Trails tomorrow anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 12:12:45 PM »
Sunday T6 for me and my wife works for our schedule.

JayInSoCal

• Sunset Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 12:56:38 PM »
Can't make it, racing in the Hobie Hennessey Waterman event.  Have fun, should be good waves!
8'4" L41 SS3
9'2" Riviera Turbo Nugg
9'6" Wavestorm
10' Infinity Carver
14' Infinity Whiplash

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 05:20:53 PM »
Can't make it, racing in the Hobie Hennessey Waterman event.  Have fun, should be good waves!

Hope you kill it!
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 05:22:30 PM »
My first grandchild is expected to be born sometime in the next 4 days, so I'm hoping he is polite and does not ruin my surf session tomorrow morning by rudely barging into the world.  I've told my daughter she is not allowed to give birth tomorrow morning, but she doesn't always obey dad.  :)
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

The Kernel

• Sunset Status
  • Dana Point, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 06:16:53 PM »
Zooport:

Thanks again for honchoing up another session.  Unfortunately I'm out giving kids their belt tests in jiujitsu tomorrow morning.

Post a report please!

FWIW, I surfed Doheny Monday evening and caught some bombs after the Memorial Day crowd cleared out.  A buddy and I had the place to ourselves for the last 1/2 hour before darkness.
Kernel:  Cutting through the bull**it.
"This is the kernel of the argument."

Over 50, but usually pushing it like I'm 25 and paying for it later.

8'0 L41 Simsup
9'2" T. Patterson Rising Sun
9'2" Riviera Nugg Turbo Carbon
10' Riviera Machete

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 08:00:53 PM »
Oh man, that's great Kernal.  OCSurf was telling me that he caught DogPatch very uncrowded this week too.  Glad you scored.  It was kind of lame in Newport. 
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 10:29:30 AM »
Trail 6 report for Saturday.  Although Surfline was saying 2-3, Trail 6 had head high, maybe a few overhead sets.  (The guys at Surfline must be really short)  A lot of close outs, but some nice rides mixed in too.   Crowded for Trails, but not terribly so.

Waves were decent, but we had a terrible session.  On his first wave, OCSurf's paddle broke right at the joint between the blade and the paddle.  He took off on his first wave, got drilled and came up with a broken paddle.  Neither of us brought a spare.  Totally stinks! 

While my equipment was fine, my head wasn't.  This stupid vertigo hit me as soon as I paddled out, while I rode several waves with the world spinning, it was not much fun.  So we both were out of the water within a half hour of paddling out. 

Went for breakfast at Pipes Cafe and it was great as usual.   Good food, good friendship and a lousy surf session.  Oy Veh. 

« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 10:34:21 AM by Zooport »
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

The Kernel

• Sunset Status
  • Dana Point, CA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 11:31:28 AM »
Trail 6 report for Saturday.  Although Surfline was saying 2-3, Trail 6 had head high, maybe a few overhead sets.  (The guys at Surfline must be really short)  A lot of close outs, but some nice rides mixed in too.   Crowded for Trails, but not terribly so.

Waves were decent, but we had a terrible session.  On his first wave, OCSurf's paddle broke right at the joint between the blade and the paddle.  He took off on his first wave, got drilled and came up with a broken paddle.  Neither of us brought a spare.  Totally stinks! 

While my equipment was fine, my head wasn't.  This stupid vertigo hit me as soon as I paddled out, while I rode several waves with the world spinning, it was not much fun.  So we both were out of the water within a half hour of paddling out. 

Went for breakfast at Pipes Cafe and it was great as usual.   Good food, good friendship and a lousy surf session.  Oy Veh.

Zooport:

Thanks for posting that.  Sorry to hear about the challenges on that sesh.  IRT the paddle breaking, it only reinforces the wisdom in bringing a backup paddle--something I almost never do.  I need to get a better plan in place with a second one...
Kernel:  Cutting through the bull**it.
"This is the kernel of the argument."

Over 50, but usually pushing it like I'm 25 and paying for it later.

8'0 L41 Simsup
9'2" T. Patterson Rising Sun
9'2" Riviera Nugg Turbo Carbon
10' Riviera Machete

Zooport

• Cortez Bank Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 01:48:27 PM »
Yeah, but at least you bring a backup leash!  :)
8'6 Soul Compass
9'1 Sunova Creek
9'6 WaveStorm SUP
9'8 Starboard Element

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal