Author Topic: Place to buy a SUP near Jackson, WY?  (Read 2871 times)

wrybread

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
Place to buy a SUP near Jackson, WY?
« on: May 28, 2015, 12:17:40 PM »
I'm trying to introduce my landlocked brother to the joys of SUP paddling, he's in Jackson Hole. Does anyone know the area and have any recommendations for a place for him to go look at some SUPs?

Anywhere near-by would work too, Salt Lake City, etc.

I think I'm going to steer him towards a touring SUP, which I'm guessing there's lots of around there. I don't really know anything about that universe, so if anyone has any advice there, that would be great too.

hbsteve

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
Re: Place to buy a SUP near Jackson, WY?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 01:00:53 PM »
A quick Googke search shows three places in Jackson Hole that rent and or sell.  Start there.

wrybread

• Rincon Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 01:18:58 PM »
> Google search

Right, but I'm hoping for a little inside knowledge. Something that would help nudge him to actually go to the store and check them out, as opposed to going to the kayak stores with a small sup selection and getting talked into something that's not right for him, for example.

Smokey Carter

• Malibu Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 04:25:19 PM »
@Wybread, talk to Aaron Pruzan at Rendezvous River Sports/Jackson Hole Kayak (not sure what they're going by now). He knows the paddling there and is a great paddler himself--river running, surfing, lake excursions, etc.....http://www.jacksonholekayak.com

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 04:41:00 PM »
@Wybread, talk to Aaron Pruzan at Rendezvous River Sports/Jackson Hole Kayak (not sure what they're going by now). He knows the paddling there and is a great paddler himself--river running, surfing, lake excursions, etc.....http://www.jacksonholekayak.com
What Smokey says for sure in town. Still Rendevous River. Great shop, great guy, great staff and they do it all. Marty at All Sports Eyewear in Park City is second to none as far as passion and knowledge of SUP and he has LOTS of touring boards. If you are in the region you don't want to miss either. Revdevous would run more towards river running and Marty will have more touring tho both have great inventories. Send me a pm is you are after more specifics but I would recommend both.

cnski

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 06:10:45 PM »
Rendezvous River Sports sells Starboard and Boardworks. They don't really have the best selection, at least not last year anyway. They sell lots of inflatables. parkcitysup.com is now the go to source for SUP in Utah. Trent carries a lot of stuff and I think he mostly sells Riviera and Hobie. Your brother shouldn't have any problems finding a board. Come to think of it I have a 12'6 Hobie E series I'd let go for $1000. I'm in SLC but come up to Jackson often.

lucabrasi

• Teahupoo Status
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 07:26:04 PM »
parkcitysup.com is now the go to source for SUP in Utah. Trent carries a lot of stuff and I think he mostly sells Riviera and Hobie. Your brother shouldn't have any problems finding a board. Come to think of it I have a 12'6 Hobie E series I'd let go for $1000. I'm in SLC but come up to Jackson often.
Nice. How did I not know about them? Used board page too. Uh-oh.
ski, I thought about you the other day going through the canyon looking at the river and also thinking you should have a boatload of morels. Thought about looking myself. Holy cow, you wet yet?
Let me know you ever going to get rid of a 14'er like that.......never know.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 07:27:38 PM by lucabrasi »

cnski

• Peahi Status
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 08:14:34 PM »
Luca- Wow ya what a spring. Rain non-stop. Wish we had that kind of precipitation when it was winter. Arrghhh. I picked a ton of mushrooms this spring but a lot of them were water logged from all the rain. Quite a few worms too. Protein anyway and I'll try not to think about them as I eat them. I don't even own a 14 foot SUP. If you ever need a board I can look around for you here. I go to SoCal a lot too and can always bring one back. Have you had your eye on something in particular? I'll be coming up to paddle this summer for sure and will look you up. Take care.

* Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal